Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of
Default My recent stamping experience at Hyderabad Consulate

Today I went for H1B extension visa stamping at hyderabad Consulate.I took following documents along with me

1 - Passport (old and new)
2 - New I797 original and copy
3 - Appointment letter
4 - confirmation page from application
5 - Documents given by the employer (I129 and LCA)
6 - Two recent paystubs and all (4 years) w2 s ( Also 3 months paystubs as backup)
7 - Original marksheets and degrees
8 - Previous Exp letters (6)

I did no take Tax returns with me, thought they are not necessary.
At the consulate, they put I797 in the passport and placed along with appointment letter,confirmation page from application and blue receipt . I had to come out of embassy to get the photographs because the photo quality on the application was not good. I did not take hard copies with me. I totally forgot about that.
There were many parents , few H1 guys. I saw many new moms wth their babies. But the no. of parents outnumbered wt large margin everybody.Looks like very few guys are coming to US on H1 nowadays.
After finger prints were taken we took the token and sat on the chairs in the last row.The tokens nos were changing fast on the LCD display. I heard my token number to go to counter 12. When I went there there was one guy being interviewed and another guy waiting in the line. The guy being interviewed were asked following questions.
1- What kind of job you do?
2 - What are your roles and responsibilities. He could not explain clearly what he is going to do.VO asked some more questions based on this one.
3 - Who is your employer?
4 - When are you planing to travel?
5 - Who is your client?
Then he was told that he will get the passport in one week
Next guy was also asked same questions except the second one. He also had some problem with old passport. VO asked few questions on that. He was also told that he will get the passport in one week.
Then my turn came. I gave I797,passport,blue reciept,confirmation page and appointment letter to VO. She asked me three questions
1. what do I do? I told her my designation and about to explain my roles.She told me to stop.
2. How much do you earn?When I mentioned the number, she said wow, you earn so much
3. How long you been working in this company
Then she looked at my place of residence (virginia beach) and started talking about how much she love that place, the bardwalk. cafes near the beach. Finally she said your visa is approved and have fun in the beach.

I go for stamping everytime (4 times) with fear. But all the times I was never asked more than 3 questions(simple).

Total contributions $120

Last edited by uma001; 03-10-2010 at 05:19 PM. Reason: change
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01-02-2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
krishgreen is a splendid one to behold krishgreen is a splendid one to behold krishgreen is a splendid one to behold krishgreen is a splendid one to behold krishgreen is a splendid one to behold krishgreen is a splendid one to behold krishgreen is a splendid one to behold
Default Thanks for Sharing your experience.

Thanks for sharing your H1B Stamping experience at Hyderabad US Consulate. I am also planning to go to India for stamping in another month or so.

Have you seen anybody's visa rejected during your time inside the Consulate.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uma001 View Post
Today I went for H1B extension visa stamping at hyderabad Consulate.I took following documents along with me

3 - Appointment letter
6 - Two recent paystubs and all (4 years) w2 s ( Also 3 months paystubs as backup)

At the consulate, they put I797 in the passport and placed along with appointment letter,confirmation page from application and blue receipt . I had to come out of embassy to get the photographs because the photo quality on the application was not good. I did not take hard copies with me. I totally forgot about that.
There were many parents , few H1 guys. I saw many new moms wth their babies. But the no. of parents outnumbered wt large margin everybody.Looks like very few guys are coming to US on H1 nowadays.
After finger prints were taken we took the token and sat on the chairs in the last row.The tokens nos were changing fast on the LCD display. I heard my token number to go to counter 12. When I went there there was one guy being interviewed and another guy waiting in the line. The guy being interviewed were asked following questions.
2 - What are your roles and responsibilities. He could not explain clearly what he is going to do.VO asked some more questions based on this one.
5 - Who is your client?
Next guy was also asked same questions except the second one. He also had some problem with old passport. VO asked few questions on that. He was also told that he will get the passport in one week.
Then my turn came. I gave I797,passport,blue reciept,confirmation page and appointment letter to VO. She asked me three questions
1. what do I do? I told her my designation and about to explain my roles.She told me to stop.
2. How much do you earn?When I mentioned the number, she said wow, you earn so much
Then she looked at my place of residence (virginia beach) and started talking about how much she love that place, the bardwalk. cafes near the beach. Finally she said your visa is approved and have fun in the beach.

I go for stamping everytime (4 times) with fear. But all the times I was never asked more than 3 questions(simple).
Thanks for sharing. How long did it take to get your passport back with the visa stamp?

Old 03-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2012
Compare
praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of
Default for DS160

Uma, when you filled out the new form DS 160, what did you answer for the question about name in native language? did you simply check "do not apply" and moved on or did you try fancy stuff like typing your name in native font and pasting it in the form?

thanks for sharing your experience.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Old 03-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
kkt_tkk has a reputation beyond repute kkt_tkk has a reputation beyond repute kkt_tkk has a reputation beyond repute kkt_tkk has a reputation beyond repute kkt_tkk has a reputation beyond repute kkt_tkk has a reputation beyond repute kkt_tkk has a reputation beyond repute kkt_tkk has a reputation beyond repute kkt_tkk has a reputation beyond repute kkt_tkk has a reputation beyond repute kkt_tkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default At consulate, you will write

At Consulate, you will write your name in your native language (Telugu or Tamil or Hindi, etc) in the hard copy of form
Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenuppaluri View Post
Uma, when you filled out the new form DS 160, what did you answer for the question about name in native language? did you simply check "do not apply" and moved on or did you try fancy stuff like typing your name in native font and pasting it in the form?

Old 03-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenuppaluri View Post

I checked Do not apply.

Total contributions $120

Old 03-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishgreen View Post
Thanks for sharing your H1B Stamping experience at Hyderabad US Consulate. I am also planning to go to India for stamping in another month or so.

Have you seen anybody's visa rejected during your time inside the Consulate.
No one was rejected as far as I know. Everybody looked happy after interview

Total contributions $120

Old 03-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseball View Post
Thanks for sharing. How long did it take to get your passport back with the visa stamp?
It has been only one day I had interview. Still waiting for passport to arrive

Total contributions $120

Old 03-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2012
Compare
praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of praveenuppaluri has much to be proud of
Default new form is online only

kkt_tkk - new DS 160 is online only and there is no option to print it and paste photographs etc. from what I understand, you submit the form and print your confirmation page. everything else is online and the consulate will pull up this form on their computer. so, there is no option to write it as we used to do before. and you can't move to next page of the form without answering this question when filling the web-based form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkt_tkk View Post
At Consulate, you will write your name in your native language (Telugu or Tamil or Hindi, etc) in the hard copy of form
Thanks for the info Uma.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Old 03-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/17/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute
Default thanks for sharing

Can you share if you are working at direct client. Just checking if they are going with the new memo on employee-employer relationship queries at the consulate.

thanks again.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of

Quote:
Thanks for sharing H1B exp.

You are right, even my aunt went for visitor visa stamping yesterday and she also told me the same that, there were many parents standing in the queue, she barely seen any youngsters in the queue....

Old 03-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
gchandu is a name known to all gchandu is a name known to all gchandu is a name known to all gchandu is a name known to all gchandu is a name known to all gchandu is a name known to all
Default Thank you for sharing your experience

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am sure this will be useful to many as the recent tuff rules of employee - employer memorandum etc..

Congrats for your easy ride and best of luck

Thanks
Chandu

Quote:

3 - Appointment letter

5 - Who is your client?

Old 03-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I received the stamped passport today. It took total 4 days to receive it.

Sac-r-ten,
I work for direct client. The guy before me working for CSC. VO asked him who is the client. That guy mentioned some name, but VO didnt ask further about client. All the three VOs were cool that day. All of them were ladies.
I think this is the best time to get our visas stamped if we can answer correctly and point to point to their questions instead of giving vague answers.

Total contributions $120

Old 06-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
srinivastd is on a distinguished road
Default H1B documents

Uma,
Do you know if the documents list was this elaborate when you got your visa ?

Thanks,
Srini

Old 06-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivastd View Post
Uma,
Do you know if the documents list was this elaborate when you got your visa ?

Thanks,
Srini
Srini,

Look at my first post on this thread to know list of documents that I took for stamping. I did not take letter from client which says description of project etc., because I work for direct client.Hope this helps.

Total contributions $120