Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vivache has a spectacular aura about vivache has a spectacular aura about vivache has a spectacular aura about
Default Mumbai Visa Stamping

Has anyone been to the Mumbai consulate for stamping
Can you let me know the process?
Also website where I can get more info?

Is this a drop docs at embassy .. and they mail it to you kind of thing?

Thanks
V
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
bhavingreat will become famous soon enough bhavingreat will become famous soon enough
Default here is the info

i have been to mumbai consulate.

i suggest u go through VFS Service where they offer you a place to sit and take you to the consulate when its your time for the interview, otherwise you have to wait in queue for long. here is the website for VFS

https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/Home.aspx

this website also has information about the process.

hope this helps.

Last edited by bhavingreat; 08-24-2007 at 10:23 PM.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vivache has a spectacular aura about vivache has a spectacular aura about vivache has a spectacular aura about
Default Doubt on stamping in Mumbai embassy

Question.
When I check the website I see this Step 4:
Does this mean that I first need to pass the documents to the application centre and only then after 3 days can I go to the embassy?
Can't I just get the date and go to the embassy direct?

Thanks
Vivek

Step 4: You are then required to submit your forms with one recent photograph and documents as per the checklist to any of the application centres in Mumbai, Pune or Ahmedabad.
Please note: If you are submitting your forms to our application centre in Mumbai you must submit at least 3 working days in advance. E.g.: If your interview is scheduled for a Friday, you must submit your documents latest by the preceding Tuesday, provided all days in between are working days. If you are submitting your forms to our application centres in Ahmedabad or Pune, you must do so at least 4 working days in advance. E.g.: If your interview is scheduled for Friday, you must submit your documents latest by the preceding Monday provided all days in between are working days. It is recommended that you forward your documents to us immediately after scheduling an interview.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
gconmymind is just really nice gconmymind is just really nice gconmymind is just really nice gconmymind is just really nice gconmymind is just really nice
Default Submitting papers before interview mandatory for Mumbai consulate

Yes, you have to submit your papers at least 5 business days I think before your interview date. It is a requirement for the Mumbai consulate. Mumbai consulate is like my second home .
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivache View Post
Question.
When I check the website I see this Step 4:
Does this mean that I first need to pass the documents to the application centre and only then after 3 days can I go to the embassy?
Can't I just get the date and go to the embassy direct?
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. The views and opinions expressed here are my own. Please consult an immigration attorney for expert professional advice.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/13/2007
Compare
SK2007 has a spectacular aura about SK2007 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Has anyone been to the Mumbai consulate for stamping
Can you let me know the process?
Also website where I can get more info?

Is this a drop docs at embassy .. and they mail it to you kind of thing?

Thanks
V
Couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine went for visa revalidation at Mumbai, he requested if he can come back in the evening and pick up the passports(all family). He was let come in the evening and pick them up.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Can i submit docs ahead?

So can I submit the docs through my family .. now and just go for the final interview?
This way I can go to the embassy the day I land in Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gconmymind View Post
Yes, you have to submit your papers at least 5 business days I think before your interview date. It is a requirement for the Mumbai consulate. Mumbai consulate is like my second home .

Old 10-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07-22-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-11-2007
Compare
jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future
Smile mumbai stamping

I got my visa stamping from mumbai conuslate. Its pretty easy. Take an appointment through VFS by getting a HDFC bank receipt after paying the fee. Check on the VFS site when is the available date. and then follow the link and book the appointment. You will get forms which are populated. If you have any mistakes in the form i think you can correct it at the mumbai consulate too. When you enter the consulate they will hand you the original form which you filled and then ask you to fill whatever you had missed out using your pen. you have to wait till your number calls out and then you get visa stamped and passport posted.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Hi Thomas
That sounds perfect.
To clarify.
1. When did you go for the stamping?
2. Does this mean that you just fill the online form and then go to teh embassy on the designated day. No need to go to India and do this :"If you are submitting your forms to our application centre in Mumbai you must submit at least 3 working days in advance."

Thanks
Vivek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
I got my visa stamping from mumbai conuslate. Its pretty easy. Take an appointment through VFS by getting a HDFC bank receipt after paying the fee. Check on the VFS site when is the available date. and then follow the link and book the appointment. You will get forms which are populated. If you have any mistakes in the form i think you can correct it at the mumbai consulate too. When you enter the consulate they will hand you the original form which you filled and then ask you to fill whatever you had missed out using your pen. you have to wait till your number calls out and then you get visa stamped and passport posted.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
gconmymind is just really nice gconmymind is just really nice gconmymind is just really nice gconmymind is just really nice gconmymind is just really nice
Default You can submit through family

I live near Ahmedabad so I ask my parents to travel to Ahmedabad and submit it at Ahmedabad VFS office. VFS has offices in certain cities (lookup the website) and will accept your papers there. I hate the fact that you cannot directly mail your papers to the Mumbai consulate from USA. If your family is in Mumbai, they should be able to submit it in person to VFS.
VFS also has an email address on their website if you want to ask them questions. They are pretty good at responding.
Quote:
So can I submit the docs through my family .. now and just go for the final interview?
This way I can go to the embassy the day I land in Mumbai.
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. The views and opinions expressed here are my own. Please consult an immigration attorney for expert professional advice.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
guesswho can only hope to improve
Default mail in the supporting documents?

I am planning for my visa in Jan at Mumbai consulate. I do not have any relatives in either mumbai/pune who can submit my documents 3 days before the appointment.

Has anyone faced this issue? I have sent them an email asking if I can mail the documents to them. Lets see what they reply. Does anyone has experience what to do in situation like this?

Thanks

Old 10-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

No experience with this.
It will help to know what you can do in this case. I'm sure they have some solution.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Bulgaria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2008
Compare
gc_bulgaria is a jewel in the rough gc_bulgaria is a jewel in the rough gc_bulgaria is a jewel in the rough gc_bulgaria is a jewel in the rough
Default I mailed mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
I am planning for my visa in Jan at Mumbai consulate. I do not have any relatives in either mumbai/pune who can submit my documents 3 days before the appointment.

Has anyone faced this issue? I have sent them an email asking if I can mail the documents to them. Lets see what they reply. Does anyone has experience what to do in situation like this?

Thanks
You can mail your's. make sure its registered /fed ex receipt and send them a followup email to check if they received it.