Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 07:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default OT : Jet Airways Chennai to JFK via Brussels

Though this may be off topic, it is related to travel and NIV.

I booked tickets for my inlaws travelling on a tourist visa in Jet Airways - Chennai to JFK with layover in Brussels.

Now, when I ask people everyone say they travel by Lufthansa, Air India, Emirates etc... but I have not found anyone who has travelled by Jet Airways.

Just wanted to know if anyone has travelled via Jet Airways and their experience at the Brussels Airport, if it was smooth. My Inlaws do not speak English and this is the first time they are travelling.

Thanks

Old 11-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06-20-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06-27-2007
Compare
cagedcactus is a jewel in the rough cagedcactus is a jewel in the rough cagedcactus is a jewel in the rough

My Mother in law flew with them, and her experience was good.
How old are your folks? Sometimes, this may sound a bit cheesy, but getting wheelchair always helps. What that does is, it guarantees your folks will be at the correct gates, at right times.
I got her a wheelchair, and she had a smooth transition.....
hope that helps...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagedcactus View Post
My Mother in law flew with them, and her experience was good.
How old are your folks? Sometimes, this may sound a bit cheesy, but getting wheelchair always helps. What that does is, it guarantees your folks will be at the correct gates, at right times.
I got her a wheelchair, and she had a smooth transition.....
hope that helps...
Thanks for the response, they are 57 and 53 years and healthy, will it make sense to request for a wheelchair? Maybe we can request for one of them

Old 11-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitin_toolong will become famous soon enough waitin_toolong will become famous soon enough

hey no one checks if you really need it or not, maybe request one for MIL or whoever is more feeble. It always helps the first time. Getting in and out of planes and getting to right place at right time. (you are not charged anything for service, though some tip is always appreciated).

You and spouse will also have an easier time from the time they board to the time you meet them.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
monkeyman has a spectacular aura about monkeyman has a spectacular aura about
Default Are you sure?

They are your in-laws!!! Are you sure you want them here? Think about it. :-) Jokes apart, its a pleasure to travel in Jet. My parents did travel - they can't speak English nor really read well - the crew helps them (in Hindi or Gujarati). You would have to be really knocked out to miss connecting flights in Brussells. So worry not - they'll be just fine.
Notice Date: 9/7/2007
EAD Approved: 9/27/2007
FP Notices Received: 9/23/07 (App. Dt 10/13/2007)

Old 11-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
milind70 has a spectacular aura about milind70 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
Though this may be off topic, it is related to travel and NIV.

I booked tickets for my inlaws travelling on a tourist visa in Jet Airways - Chennai to JFK with layover in Brussels.

Now, when I ask people everyone say they travel by Lufthansa, Air India, Emirates etc... but I have not found anyone who has travelled by Jet Airways.

Just wanted to know if anyone has travelled via Jet Airways and their experience at the Brussels Airport, if it was smooth. My Inlaws do not speak English and this is the first time they are travelling.

Thanks
I believe you are in New York. Next time try the direct flight from Mumbai to Newark. I heard thats the best my friend just tried it and he was going gaga about it. I am sure your inlaws can manage Chennai to Mumbai. What are the chances u can find someone who can speak Tamil ,Telgu in Mumbai than in Brussles or any other stopoever in Europe. :-)

Old 11-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
webm will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by milind70 View Post
I believe you are in New York. Next time try the direct flight from Mumbai to Newark. I heard thats the best my friend just tried it and he was going gaga about it. I am sure your inlaws can manage Chennai to Mumbai. What are the chances u can find someone who can speak Tamil ,Telgu in Mumbai than in Brussles or any other stopoever in Europe. :-)
Can we know which airline direct flight from Mumbai to Newark you mentioned something new or is it AirIndia??

Old 11-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by webm View Post
Can we know which airline direct flight from Mumbai to Newark you mentioned something new or is it AirIndia??
Presently Continental is the only non-stop EWR-BOM service operated on a daily basis. AI flies EWR-CDG-BOM

Old 11-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of

Jet airways resumed new service to US recently. That's why you couldn't find many people traveling by Jet airways. I heard the flights are new, service is good and the travel is quite comfortable. I am travelling to chennai from EWR end of november and am looking forward to the trip.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
seaskimmer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by delax View Post
Presently Continental is the only non-stop EWR-BOM service operated on a daily basis. AI flies EWR-CDG-BOM
Delta also fly BOM-JFK non-stop, the aircraft is a B 777 (same as the one Continental use on their BOM-EWR route)... quite comfortable.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute
Default On Similar lines

Any one knows which Airline is good (Cost & Service) from Newark to Bangalore? I have flown AI with stop over in Bom, but would prefer something direct to Bangalore.

Thanks
RD- Sep 4th 2007
EAD- Sep 17th 2007
FP- Sep 28th
AP- Oct 1st

First application:
EB-2 Aug 2002-Employer Shut Down

GREENED AUG 5th 2010

Old 11-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by milind70 View Post
Air India (direct Mumbai to JFK) is Rs 70,000 INR and Jet Airways is giving promotional offer rs 47,000 INR in January 2nd week, which is peak season.

Lufthansa, Emirates, KLM are all in Rs 57,000 to Rs 65,000 INR range.

Only thing we are worried about is connecting in Burssels, I guess that should be fine if we ask for a wheelchair.

Thanks for all your inputs.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by fide_champ View Post
Jet airways resumed new service to US recently. That's why you couldn't find many people traveling by Jet airways. I heard the flights are new, service is good and the travel is quite comfortable. I am travelling to chennai from EWR end of november and am looking forward to the trip.
Great to know, now I feel comfortable

Old 11-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
They are your in-laws!!! Are you sure you want them here? Think about it. :-) Jokes apart, its a pleasure to travel in Jet. My parents did travel - they can't speak English nor really read well - the crew helps them (in Hindi or Gujarati). You would have to be really knocked out to miss connecting flights in Brussells. So worry not - they'll be just fine.
Good to know, thanks.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
krish.d.rao is on a distinguished road
Default EWR to BLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by smisachu View Post
Any one knows which Airline is good (Cost & Service) from Newark to Bangalore? I have flown AI with stop over in Bom, but would prefer something direct to Bangalore.

Thanks
Air France has a Newark - Paris - Bangalore flight but their price/ service combination is not great. I flew Jet recently and the experience was the best in my 10 years of coach class flying. They do have a stop over in BOM which is not as good as flying direct to BLR but it is not bad either.