Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2006, 09:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/13/2007
Compare
javaconsultant is on a distinguished road
Default H4 to H1 and Travel to India

Hi All,

I need urgent help !

My wife is on H4.She applied for H1B in May 2006 and got it approved on Aug 2006. She went to India on vacation from US in July 2006 and would come back to US in Sept 2006 on H4 Visa stamped at Delhi consulate.

Can she work on H1 approval even though she would be entering on H4 Visa with her I-94 mentioning h4 ?

As per her company which filed her H1 ,she cannot work on H1 approval notice as her I-94 while entering US is H4 even though she has H-1 approval.

any suggestions.

Thanks !
javaconsultant
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2006, 09:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by javaconsultant
Hi All,

I need urgent help !

My wife is on H4.She applied for H1B in May 2006 and got it approved on Aug 2006. She went to India on vacation from US in July 2006 and would come back to US in Sept 2006 on H4 Visa stamped at Delhi consulate.

Can she work on H1 approval even though she would be entering on H4 Visa with her I-94 mentioning h4 ?

As per her company which filed her H1 ,she cannot work on H1 approval notice as her I-94 while entering US is H4 even though she has H-1 approval.

any suggestions.

Thanks !
javaconsultant
I think she needs to come back on H1...that means going back to the Consulate to obtain a H1 visa stamp. But, as usual, please consult your attorney.

Last edited by fromnaija; 08-29-2006 at 11:22 PM.

Old 08-29-2006, 10:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hi All,

I need urgent help !

any suggestions.

Thanks !
javaconsultant
ask your lawyer. I believe the answer will be the same given by fromnaija......

your wife will have to enter on a H1

Old 08-29-2006, 10:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
reachag is on a distinguished road

Please check with an attorney but as far as i know her H1 is not valid anymore. As per my attorneys advice, never travel when an application is in process as the continuation of I94s is important and that is how it is tracked.

Last edited by reachag; 08-29-2006 at 10:37 PM.

Old 08-29-2006, 11:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/13/2007
Compare
javaconsultant is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your reply !

But what if she comes to US on H-4 and then gets her H-1Visa stamped from Canada.

Which consulate do you guys refer ? Toronto,Vancouver Calgary or Montreal.

pls share your experiences if any.

Calgary has the least wait time though in visa appointment.

javaconsultant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromnaija
I think she needs to come back on H1...that means going back to the Consulate to obatin a H1 visa stamp. But, as usual, please consult your attorney.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold

When her H1 was filed, was there a change of status also filed? Or to put it difefrently, does her H1 approval have an I94 attached to it?

If yes, I think she has to get her H1 stamped and then come in. Not doing so would probably invalidate her change of status and the H1

If not, she should be able to take the H1 after entering the US on H4, go to Canada/Mexico and try to have it stamped there.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dan19 is on a distinguished road
Default There might be an issue here....

Entering the country with a H4 stamped I-94 is equivalent to abandoning the H1, if the H1 was issued.

So, you need to consult with an immigration attorney before going for a stamping.

Quote:
Hi All,

javaconsultant

Old 09-06-2006, 03:09 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
razors_edge is on a distinguished road

I agree with dan19. i.e. Entering the country with a H4 stamped I-94 is equivalent to abandoning the H1, if the H1 was issued.

So, you need to consult with an immigration attorney before going for a stamping.

======================================

Old 09-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Signature

Razorsedge,

You have every right to have a signature or some good saying. How ever, the 90% bill rate is concerning me. This forum is intended for folks who have issues with immigration etc. You have every right to have your own business or run a company with people having GC etc. But dont use this forum to entice people to join your firm with such signatures. Think about it and dont take offence to my words. Just my 2 cents.

Old 09-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of
Default Pls take your signature off

I agree verbatim with waht nixstor has to say. Please take that signature off. This forum is not the right place for the signature.