Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't like to work for Wipro, and if you really like the job description of the new company and the company itself along with the other benefits, just take the opportunity. Go with your heart. Work satisfaction is important than GC and other things... Trust me on this..

If you are trying to hop the job just for the salary, I would advise against it. If you like what you are doing at Wipro, even if its a lower salary, stick with it. You will enjoy going forward..

My 2 cents...

On the legality of leaving, as many other posters said, they cannot enforce that here. In US, its employment at will. Either employer or employee can part ways just in a day, except in some exceptional cases.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
swissgear has a brilliant future swissgear has a brilliant future swissgear has a brilliant future swissgear has a brilliant future swissgear has a brilliant future swissgear has a brilliant future swissgear has a brilliant future swissgear has a brilliant future swissgear has a brilliant future swissgear has a brilliant future swissgear has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uma001 View Post
Wipro is bagging new projects left n right nowadays. Dont leave wipro.. Try to beocme PM and ask them to sponsor green card..If you r joining american company for more salary, they wont cooperate for your green card.
Not sure how much of this company have you seen. I have seen more than 7 of my productive Yrs at this company since the beginning of my career. Let me tell you this, all Indian companies bag projects just based on the cost advantages..

The food chain goes this way...

1.) Marketing guys are only interested in contracts as their salary and bonuses are dependent on them and they agree to what ever the client says irrespective of whether it is doable or not

2.) Then offshore management and offshore resources slog their ass off to complete the project on time. Onsite guys are expected to work 24/7 by doing all the coordination work, client meetings, clarifications and all that bullshit and even if you are given...

3.) If you think of becoming a manager at this company, you need to be a very good slogger without any personal life, without any family life and show loyalty by your hard work and what not, then they will think of whether you are worth the GC sponsorship. That too will be done in your end of 6th year and if there is a visibility for next 4-5 yrs on the account you are working...

Even I was given that letter, I said to hell with it and changed company, but given them 2 months notice in advance(only cos I had too much at stake at my PF account, Bonus, Salary etc etc) and that too shifted from L1 to H1 in 2005 and now got GC through my current company. I had to fight a bit for my PF and all, but eventually they gave it. I believe, they cannot execute the Bond in USA that's given at India. Hope this helps!!!

BTW, don't ever fall for their caption, which starts with some thing like "With Utmost Respect to Human Values", and you need to read that in a negative terms to make it a reality of life there..Good Luck!!! JMHO

Last edited by swissgear; 09-26-2010 at 10:55 PM.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:38 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
The companies should have thought themself before forcing people to sign. When you do the blunder you dont have any ground about moral. YOU ARE PAID IN THE SAME COIN. nothing wrong.
Remember folks, two wrongs dont make it a right !

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:02 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallavan View Post
Remember folks, two wrongs dont make it a right !
Two wrongs make a right is a logical fallacy that occurs when it is assumed that if one wrong is committed, another wrong will cancel it out

Old 09-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2010
Compare
garybanz is a jewel in the rough garybanz is a jewel in the rough garybanz is a jewel in the rough garybanz is a jewel in the rough

The bond can't be enforced...don't worry about it.

All they will do is
(1) Will not pay you any remaining dues in India (Us Dues will be paid)
(2) Will not hire you again in the future
(3) Not give you the exp letter for GC ( The work around is to get one from one of your managers)

There is nothing to fear, just understand your options before you take the decision.

- Contributed over $500 to IV
- Got the GC after about 7 years of stay in the US.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the companies big or small want to suck your blood. The truth!
It is you who decides how you want to design your life / future. Not them. So you decide.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone out there is looking for themselves. Corporates especially. Why do you think a corporate would like to give you a warm brownie and bring you here to work? Just to escape? They will do everything possible within the framework of the law that is needed for their business.

Most people face such situations (not exactly like wipro but similar) when they want to progress in life and keep their careers under their own control.

What I say is "There is no easy route" and the path that looks rosy may not lead you to where you want to go.

Based on what I hear, these company can give hell to your family in India if you break their bondage lease here. This is a serious issue and voting public in India must ensure the government enacts laws similar to the labor laws here which is not an easy thing to achieve, but people must definitely try.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of

If you walk away from the signed agreement today, enforceable or not, years from now, I am assuming you are very very smart, will this jeopardize your chances of becoming a CEO?

Old 09-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unseenguy is just really nice unseenguy is just really nice unseenguy is just really nice unseenguy is just really nice unseenguy is just really nice

DO NOT think emotionally. If you have a good opportunity waiting for you, go for it. Most companies in US will wait 2 months for the start date, if you negotiate well, provided its a permanent job and not a project through some bodyshop.

A) If you already signed the agreement. Use a personal reason, like someone sick, go back to India and resign.

B) If you havent signed the agreement, nothing to worry you can resign if you are here, if you are in India & you dont like the agreement, no need to sign it. Refuse the offer to go onsite and look for another company where terms are more acceptable.

It is YOUR career. Make decisions that are in your best interest. But always think long term.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:01 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
Everyone out there is looking for themselves. Corporates especially. Why do you think a corporate would like to give you a warm brownie and bring you here to work? Just to escape? They will do everything possible within the framework of the law that is needed for their business.

Most people face such situations (not exactly like wipro but similar) when they want to progress in life and keep their careers under their own control.

What I say is "There is no easy route" and the path that looks rosy may not lead you to where you want to go.

Based on what I hear, these company can give hell to your family in India if you break their bondage lease here. This is a serious issue and voting public in India must ensure the government enacts laws similar to the labor laws here which is not an easy thing to achieve, but people must definitely try.
Why do you think people need to give warm brownie for these companies...if they are escaping you are accepting they are treated as slaves which is against law?

Old 09-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute

Contracts such as the one you are describing are not enforceable in either India nor here in the US. Bonded labor is illegal in both countries.
You are free to move on to another employer here, and it is customary and respectful to give a 2 weeks notice. As far as your issue in India, the company might throw roadblocks in accessing your salary, any PF, etc. Some posters mentioned that they will harass your family. Let your family tell the company that the contract was between you and the company and not between your family and the company. Also let them know that bonded labor is illegal in India. For a small measure, file a case of harassment with the police station and send the company a copy. They will back down. But like I said, they will give you issues when you ask them for info such as PF, etc.
Also, prior to leaving, ask them for an employment letter showing that you are still working for them. The reasons could be as diverse as your apartment wants proof of employment or you need the letter for DMV, bank, etc. Once you get the letter, give your 2 weeks.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostrated View Post
Contracts such as the one you are describing are not enforceable in either India nor here in the US. Bonded labor is illegal in both countries.
You are free to move on to another employer here, and it is customary and respectful to give a 2 weeks notice. As far as your issue in India, the company might throw roadblocks in accessing your salary, any PF, etc. Some posters mentioned that they will harass your family. Let your family tell the company that the contract was between you and the company and not between your family and the company. Also let them know that bonded labor is illegal in India. For a small measure, file a case of harassment with the police station and send the company a copy. They will back down. But like I said, they will give you issues when you ask them for info such as PF, etc.
Also, prior to leaving, ask them for an employment letter showing that you are still working for them. The reasons could be as diverse as your apartment wants proof of employment or you need the letter for DMV, bank, etc. Once you get the letter, give your 2 weeks.
A common man, that too from middle class India, will not have so much knowledge or IQ or civil edeucated enough to be so daring. On another note, if corporates are really harassing parents of ex employees, then they might be probably having support from a weak legal system.

Back in the 90s, I worked for a company in India who would send 'local rowdies' to harass the parents of ex employees who leave the company after coming to the US for better prospects. They use such tactics to that employees are afraid to leave them. I am not sure if that is the case now or such practices still continue.

I always advised people about weighing all options before jumping into anything, because employer employee bonds that are prepared in India are all one sided favouring the employer and not an employee. People think it is genuine and accept it as way of life. It s very few people that think different and realize. A lot of people realize only when they come to the US and understand stuff better.

Old 10-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2010
Compare
permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wipro can enforce US laws in US

Wipro is a big company with offices in US so they can enforce the laws in US. Especially they go after you if you made them spend $$$ to bring to US. To be on safe side, quit Wipro in India and join a US based company. If you need to come ASAP, come on other visa categories such as F1 visa.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by permfiling View Post
Wipro is a big company with offices in US so they can enforce the laws in US. Especially they go after you if you made them spend $$$ to bring to US.
We have to speak out against attempts for bonded labor. Many of us came here for American values of fair treatment, equal opportunity.
Another option, (humble suggestion) - get your new H1, quit in India and come back here, you don't need to get a new stamp if the old H1, I-94 have time left.
H1b experts can validate.

Last edited by tonyHK12; 10-02-2010 at 04:52 PM.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rmiriyala is on a distinguished road
Default Indian IT companies are fraud

You serve for 100 years also...Wipro asks you to pay 4,20,000 INR. If one employee is sent onsite for one year - company makes 40,00,000 just profit @80$ per hour. So all that expenses is a ethicless game by cororate companies. If Wipro is going to make losses because of them, how Premji has become 80000 Crorepati? 100000 employees of Wipro earned him 80000 crores = on average he earned 80Laks on each person. So stop supporting such unethical activities of companies like Wipro. If you have 5 offers from Satyam, Infy, Wipro, TCS, and any small company. Please go for that 5th company.
Satyam HR rules are far better than Wipro's. Wipro harasses from the day you get interviewed.
I have 12 years experience, the worst company to work with is WIPRO... Dont join Wipro.
Frauds that Desi companies doing ...

1. All experiences people get same pay. 58000-60000$
2. Send B1 Visa employees to work at onsite
3. Work like Pig, still suck blood.
4. Transfers employees by company's interest. - They recruit for Delhi and next day they send you to banglore. That is Wipro's one of the HR policy.
5. Harassment the moment you put papers. You become enemy. You will get new work.
6. In our project in Chicago, Wipro recruited 18 Americans from Chicago Booth university. In 8 months not even one American could survive in that company. Just an example of harassment.

--
After leaving, you will get all legal letters, harassment letters to home.... Oh what not. It is a mental pressure. One more ANNA HAZARE should fast against Wipro.