Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future
Default Need help - documents required for H1B stamping

Hi All,

Me and my wife are traveling to India. We are going for visa re-stamping (consular processing).

Based on the information provided below, can you provide lists of forms/docs that we're supposed to carry with us when we visit the consulate for stamping?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

- Amit

My visa:
- I entered on H1B. Then I had to change employer so visa was transfered (And they extended it for another 2.5years). So now I have a H1B visa which is valid till June 2009, and passport with expired H1B stamp.

- With the new employer - I've an approved PERM. I140 is pending. I485 is filed. EAD received. Do I need to take approval notices and/or receipt notices of any/all of these stages?

My Wife's visa:
- she entered on H4. Now she has a H1B visa which is valid up 2010, and passport with expired H4 stamp.
Is she required to take approval notices and/or receipt notices of i485.. or my PERM or i140?

- $500 one time + $100 for DC rally + Around $500 in monthly contribution
- List of media contacts for Sep 18 rally.
- Thank you cards to heroes who helped fixing July visa bulletin

Last edited by amits; 12-18-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by amits View Post
Hi All,

Me and my wife are traveling to India. We are going for visa re-stamping (consular processing).

Based on the information provided below, can you provide lists of forms/docs that we're supposed to carry with us when we visit the consulate for stamping?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

- Amit

My visa:
- I entered on H1B. Then I had to change employer so visa was transfered (And they extended it for another 2.5years). So now I have a H1B visa which is valid till June 2009, and passport with expired H1B stamp.

- With the new employer - I've an approved PERM. I140 is pending. I485 is filed. EAD received. Do I need to take approval notices and/or receipt notices of any/all of these stages?

My Wife's visa:
- she entered on H4. Now she has a H1B visa which is valid up 2010, and passport with expired H4 stamp.
Is she required to take approval notices and/or receipt notices of i485.. or my PERM or i140?
I would say just have all the receipt notices handy. They are not required and they didn't ask me for it when I got my visa restamped but you could carry a copy on the day of interview just to play it safe.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Keep copy of 485 receipt notice

amits: Swamy is correct, all documents that are required for H1B stamping, plus a copy of your 485 receipt notices. Just in case, VO asks you for the proof of AOS, which is very unlikely.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2007
Compare
garamchai2go has a spectacular aura about garamchai2go has a spectacular aura about garamchai2go has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Hi All,

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

- Amit

My visa:

My Wife's visa:

Rather than taking inputs from forum members on the documents required, I recommend go to Consulate website or vfs website to find the list of documents. Ex: http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/work_visas_h_l.html

Yes, carry all your AOS related documents. Please note that, you cannot expect passport immediately after stamping. This is due to extra PIMS clearance introduced recently. In my case, my passport with visa stamp reached me only after 10 business days. So please have that extra buffer in your travel schedule.

After going through the nervousness of waiting for passport I felt it would have been better if I did not go to stamping in first place. Just travelled on AP would have been wise decision.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hi All,

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

- Amit

My visa:

My Wife's visa:

please visit: https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/

its am official site for this and has complete list.

More, if you have advance paroles, please keep them with you just in case of emergency.

RD: 6/7/07, ND: 6/19/07, FP: 7/21/07
485 LUDs: 7/23, 7/24 & 7/28
EAD Approved: 9/12
AP Approved : 9/24

Old 12-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute

Do we have to carry all the Tax filing papers or just W2 is good enough?
I am planning to go for stamping in Jan. Thanks in advance for the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garamchai2go View Post
Rather than taking inputs from forum members on the documents required, I recommend go to Consulate website or vfs website to find the list of documents. Ex: http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/work_visas_h_l.html

Yes, carry all your AOS related documents. Please note that, you cannot expect passport immediately after stamping. This is due to extra PIMS clearance introduced recently. In my case, my passport with visa stamp reached me only after 10 business days. So please have that extra buffer in your travel schedule.

After going through the nervousness of waiting for passport I felt it would have been better if I did not go to stamping in first place. Just travelled on AP would have been wise decision.
RD- Sep 4th 2007
EAD- Sep 17th 2007
FP- Sep 28th
AP- Oct 1st

First application:
EB-2 Aug 2002-Employer Shut Down

GREENED AUG 5th 2010

Old 12-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2007
Compare
garamchai2go has a spectacular aura about garamchai2go has a spectacular aura about garamchai2go has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by smisachu View Post
Do we have to carry all the Tax filing papers or just W2 is good enough?
I am planning to go for stamping in Jan. Thanks in advance for the input.
In my case they did not ask me any documents. They asked me about GC when applied, when I am travelling, etc., and that's all. It took less than 1 minute.

I carried W-2 of last few years and last 2 pay-slips. Check consulate or vfs website and you might get pointers or mandatory docs. I recommend, take everything you have..just in case..

Old 12-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future
Default Thanks A Lot!!

Friends, thanks a lot for all the information!

- $500 one time + $100 for DC rally + Around $500 in monthly contribution
- List of media contacts for Sep 18 rally.
- Thank you cards to heroes who helped fixing July visa bulletin