Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Palm Grove

I always stay at the Palm Grove...it is around 10-12 min walk from the Consulate. They charge around Rs 1100 for a non ac double room. They have a inhouse restaurant which is also very convenient. Last time I paid Rs. 25 for the auto to the consulate.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
arsh007 is a splendid one to behold arsh007 is a splendid one to behold arsh007 is a splendid one to behold arsh007 is a splendid one to behold arsh007 is a splendid one to behold arsh007 is a splendid one to behold arsh007 is a splendid one to behold
Default IV should be focussed on Immigration

Guys....No offence but this is the height of absurd usage of time and resources on the site. The site should be focussed on Immigration issues and any such posts/threads should be immediately closed. People should time searching for hotel and travel information on google rather than wasting our resources in IV.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gps001 can only hope to improve
Default Thanks (albeit late)

Hi,
Thanks for giving me that link. I am checking this, long time after I posted this. Its good to see that a website like murthy.com spared time and webspace to contribute on this exact topic. 10 years back, I spent Rs. 100/night on a really cheap hotel near the consulate.

I paid about Rs. 1000 recently at Palm grove. It was very nice and I can compare it to Days Inn/ Quality Inn in US/Canada. There is restaurant inside the hotel. And <1KM from the consulate. Taxis are arranged at the reception. It costs about Rs. 380 from Airport to Hotel, and about Rs. 320 from Hotel to Airport.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc28262 View Post
Refer to
http://www.murthy.com/resource/iachcons.html ( though it is old )

Auto-Rickshaws are not that expensive, except that bargaining with these unscrupulous auto rickshaw drivers is tough and tiring. This is one of the worst aspect of chennai. It is better to get some friend/relative local to chennai to help you.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay View Post
Boss, go to google and search for motels/hotels in chennai. This is a forum with purpose and lets keep it that way. Post questions only related to immigration instead of personal information.

Sorry for harsh words.
As he is going to the US consulate, it becomes an immigration related topic, not any different from someone asking a question on how to fill the 765 form. Or else, we could tell the person who askes questions on filling forms, to avoid such posts and read instructions on the USCIS site.

But if the OP was asking for good hotels on the Vegas Strip, then I agree that it is out of topic on an immigration forum.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2007
Compare
greenguru has a spectacular aura about greenguru has a spectacular aura about
Default Hotel Dwaraka

Hi,

Hote Dwaraka ! is the answer.

I always go to Hotel Dwaraka when i go for stamping. I have mentioned this to couple of my friends and they had good experience.

Just call them up and they will hold the room.

Let me know if u are still looking, i should have the number some where and i will look it up for you

cheers

Old 06-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gps001 can only hope to improve

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersose View Post
As he is going to the US consulate, it becomes an immigration related topic, not any different from someone asking a question on how to fill the 765 form. Or else, we could tell the person who askes questions on filling forms, to avoid such posts and read instructions on the USCIS site.

But if the OP was asking for good hotels on the Vegas Strip, then I agree that it is out of topic on an immigration forum.

Old 06-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute

I stayed in woodlands...but had advance booking. Even with advance booking they had created a scene ..had to wait for 30 mins to get it confirmed. Palm grove is difficult get. Try palm grove or woodlands. Auto rikshaw will take around Rs.100 from woodlands. With the things running in your mind on that day, you won't think of saving money.

Good luck..!!!

We have two futures; future of desire and future of faith. Man has not learnt to reconcile both.