Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 09:38 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
singhv_1980 will become famous soon enough
Default Docs Drop out at Delhi Consulate??

I am planning on taking an interview date in Delhi. I read that for mumbai, you have to drop your docs 1 week prior to your appointment. Can anyone explain the procedure for Delhi, please?

I am still waiting for it to show the availablity. But I got HDFC receipt from India.

Once date is shown- I will apply for non immigrant visa on the website. Now will they ask me to put my petition info (I-797) at this time? Or I will just fill in DS 156 and DS 157 forms??

Once I fill in the forms (with bar code), I will have to take them along in the interview. Is it true?? Or I will have to drop out my docs. at VFS location even for Delhi consulate????

Please help ppl...this stamping ordeal is taking toll on me now...alas! I was born earlier
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2008, 11:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future

If you are planning to interview at Delhi, then check out the policies of the Delhi Consulate here: http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/applyinghlopq.html

As of last Sept, there was no requirement to drop off the application a week before the interview, however, Mumbai did have that requirement.

By the way, did you investigate the delays due to PIMS? Any update on how one can request the information about the approved H-1B sent to the consulsate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhv_1980 View Post
I am planning on taking an interview date in Delhi. I read that for mumbai, you have to drop your docs 1 week prior to your appointment. Can anyone explain the procedure for Delhi, please?

I am still waiting for it to show the availablity. But I got HDFC receipt from India.

Once date is shown- I will apply for non immigrant visa on the website. Now will they ask me to put my petition info (I-797) at this time? Or I will just fill in DS 156 and DS 157 forms??

Once I fill in the forms (with bar code), I will have to take them along in the interview. Is it true?? Or I will have to drop out my docs. at VFS location even for Delhi consulate????

Please help ppl...this stamping ordeal is taking toll on me now...alas! I was born earlier

$$$ Contributions:
$560 in one time contributions

Old 02-01-2008, 12:41 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsgc View Post
If you are planning to interview at Delhi, then check out the policies of the Delhi Consulate here: http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/applyinghlopq.html

As of last Sept, there was no requirement to drop off the application a week before the interview, however, Mumbai did have that requirement.

By the way, did you investigate the delays due to PIMS? Any update on how one can request the information about the approved H-1B sent to the consulsate?
Thanks for the info.

I tried getting some info on PIMS here in US..but cudnt get any. All I have is through couple of forums including IV. I cudnt make any pattern based on approval date or service center for I-797. All I have is hope.

May god bless us all.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future

I called USCIS this afternoon and found that you can have information sent to a US consulate about your application.

When you call, select the option asks "are you calling about approved petition?", and then select the option that asks if you need to send the information about your petition to a US consulate. Since I was calling about some other app., I didn't go there. Perhaps you can give it a try.

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

I tried getting some info on PIMS here in US..but cudnt get any. All I have is through couple of forums including IV. I cudnt make any pattern based on approval date or service center for I-797. All I have is hope.

May god bless us all.

$$$ Contributions:

Old 02-01-2008, 01:23 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
I called USCIS this afternoon and found that you can have information sent to a US consulate about your application.

When you call, select the option asks "are you calling about approved petition?", and then select the option that asks if you need to send the information about your petition to a US consulate. Since I was calling about some other app., I didn't go there. Perhaps you can give it a try.
At what number did you call? Was it Kentucky Consular Center? Do you mean that we can have our information sent to PIMS system or consulate in India? In other words, does that say anything particularly about PIMS?

Old 02-01-2008, 01:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare

I called the general customer service number - National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.

As I mentioned earlier, I did not go through with the options of sending the info. to the US consulate. But I will give it a try tomorrow. I don't know what you can do with that option (PIMS etc), but it is worthwhile to explore.

Quote:
At what number did you call? Was it Kentucky Consular Center? Do you mean that we can have our information sent to PIMS system or consulate in India? In other words, does that say anything particularly about PIMS?

$$$ Contributions:

Old 02-01-2008, 02:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare

On reading a bit about PIMS, it seems that if your information is not in the KCC, then the US consulate sends a request to Kentucky for information. It turns out KCC has access to the CLAIMS3 system used by the USCIS, and they generally respond in 48 hrs. Here is the link:
http://srwlawyers.com/Resources/Immi...1/Default.aspx

Scroll down to Dec 12.

$$$ Contributions:

Old 02-01-2008, 03:14 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
On reading a bit about PIMS, it seems that if your information is not in the KCC, then the US consulate sends a request to Kentucky for information. It turns out KCC has access to the CLAIMS3 system used by the USCIS, and they generally respond in 48 hrs. Here is the link:
http://srwlawyers.com/Resources/Immi...1/Default.aspx

Scroll down to Dec 12.
They claim 48 hrs but on an average it is taking about 2 weeks to hear back from KCC. There are couple of parallel threads going on reg that.