Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arthi123 is on a distinguished road
Default Dates not available at Chennai US consulate

hello,

I am trying to book an appointment for h1b visa stamping at the Chennai Us consulate for Nov 29th but I see no dates available for Nov 2010 for Chennai.

Ony calcutta dates are available.

Can I book an emergency appointment in this situation?

I have been on h1 for the past 3 years.First came to US in 2004.Visa expired in 2006.

Extended h1b here in USA..Now going to India for the first time after visa expiry.

Also, for the stamping, should i carry all old LCA's or just the latest one?

Thanks,
arthi
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
varumo_varatho is infamous around these parts

Speaking of my personal experience, Yes, you can get an emergency appointment as returning h1b's are eligible for such appointments. Just send an email directly to the consulate and request for emergency appointment stating that you have to return to your project. I have done it before

It is advisable to carry all the LCA's, just in case, though the VO might just look at the current one. I am sure you will be taking all the other docs required.

Best of luck

cheers !

Old 11-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of fide_champ has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthi123 View Post
hello,

I am trying to book an appointment for h1b visa stamping at the Chennai Us consulate for Nov 29th but I see no dates available for Nov 2010 for Chennai.

I have been on h1 for the past 3 years.First came to US in 2004.Visa expired in 2006.

Extended h1b here in USA..Now going to India for the first time after visa expiry.

Thanks,
arthi
Chennai consulate these days open dates for the next 2 weeks. There are not a lot of people applying these days, so keep checking the dates.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
nagio has much to be proud of nagio has much to be proud of nagio has much to be proud of nagio has much to be proud of nagio has much to be proud of nagio has much to be proud of nagio has much to be proud of nagio has much to be proud of

Keep checking the dates. As mentioned in the earlier post, dates were opening just before two weeks. I would not recommend taking emergency appointment unless it is a true emergency.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Priority Date
:
May-00
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arouncoumar is on a distinguished road

Yup, returning H1Bs qualify for emergency appt. I'd done it years ago.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2011
Compare
designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dates easily available..

The embassy is free nowadays... calendar opens up 2 weeks before. I went thru the process 2 months ago...It was the same.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

regarding carrying older LCAs;
It might never be asked. However, the only time it is asked is when you dont have it with you.
Be prepared to carry a transparent plastic bag or so with all the documents. Its a pain but better to be careful.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthi123 View Post
hello,

Thanks,
arthi
Also, I heard that they are asking for letter from the client that you are working, on the client letterhead with info like contract duration etc. You can search the forum. This is what I found at the chennai consulate website (http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/h1bvisas.html):

Carry the Following Documents with You

Bring the following documents to your scheduled interview:

A passport valid as of the date of entry into the U.S. (Persons whose passports which will expire in less than 6 months after their entry into the United States should renew their passports before applying for a visa.) We recommend bringing your previous passports as well.

Your confirmation page (printed on a laser printer).
Appointment letter
HDFC Bank fee receipt

In addition, if you are applying for a petition-based visa (H, L, F, J, M, R visas) should also bring petition-related documents.
One recent (within the past six months) passport size photograph 50mm X 50mm (2" x 2") with a white or off-white background.

Note: Please obtain a new passport prior to your interview if:

- The film on the biographic data pages of your passport (i.e., page with your photo and back page with your parents' information) is separating from the pages in your passport, or

- Your passport is otherwise torn, damaged, mutilated or has been washed or laundered.

U.S. visas cannot be placed in damaged passports.

If you are applying for an H-1B visa, you need to present all the required documents (highlighted in BLUE above) for any non-immigrant visa:

Plus

I-797 - the original notice of approval,
The complete I-129 petition submitted by your prospective employer including the Labor Condition Application
The originals, plus one copy, of your university diplomas, mark sheets and any certificates you may have. (Secondary school information is not required) Letter from petitioning employer confirming employer's intent to hire the applicant
Original, plus one copy, of your work experience letters from your previous employers

First time applicants may consider submitting the following documents:

Pay slips from current or most recent place of employment
Names and current phone numbers of the personnel managers at the applicant's present and past jobs
Photographs of the inside and outside of current or most recent employer's place of business
Names and contact information of two co-workers from your current or most recent place of employment
Names and contact information of two co-workers from past jobs
A complete resume/bio-data and cover letter describing current job duties in detail
Personal bank records for the last six months
US company information: photographs of the inside and outside of the company's offices, prospectus, brochures, and annual report

The Consulate will not accept documents received directly from the company by mail or fax.

If you are currently working in the US on an H1B visa, please submit your pay slips for the current calendar year and your federal tax returns (IRS Form 1040 and W-2) for all years in which you were employed in the US.

All H-1B applicants are requested to bring one extra photocopy of any original documents they presented with their application package that they wish to be returned.

Good luck with the stamping and God bless.

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.