Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Non-Immigrant Visas (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum6-non-immigrant-visas/)
-   -   H1-B transfer (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum6-non-immigrant-visas/17550-h1-b-transfer.html)

SonalP 02-26-2008 12:10 AM

H1-B transfer

Hi,
My new employer has filed my H1 transfer last month and I got the receipt within a week. However I dont want to join the new employer unless I get the approval.
Questions:
1. What if I join new employer before approval and then after few weeks get a transfer denial from USCIS?
2. I do not have any complications in my case - proper entry and exists in US, all paystubs, W2's etc - what is the chance of denial?
3. What should I do in general - wait for approval? or join based on just the receipt?

meridiani.planum 02-26-2008 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonalP (Post 226385)
Hi,
My new employer has filed my H1 transfer last month and I got the receipt within a week. However I dont want to join the new employer unless I get the approval.
Questions:
1. What if I join new employer before approval and then after few weeks get a transfer denial from USCIS?
2. I do not have any complications in my case - proper entry and exists in US, all paystubs, W2's etc - what is the chance of denial?
3. What should I do in general - wait for approval? or join based on just the receipt?

if you are really paranoid offer to pay the $1k for premium processing. You will get the response typically within a week.
If your case has no complications and neither does hte employers, then likelyhood of denial is low.
Always safer to join only after you get the approval. that 1k for PP is worth it IMHO even if you are paying it. Peace of mind it brings is invaluable.

SonalP 02-26-2008 08:14 AM

H1B transfer

Thanks for you reply.....

But the new company has already started with H1 Transfer Last month by normal processing.I got receipt on 28th of last month..Now Approval can come anytime ..But it seems delay is going on California Center..I don't mind to do Premium processing but can i re-apply ??
And if i initiat premium processing now should i get one more receipt number ??Pls advice.

rameshk75 02-26-2008 09:08 AM

Pp

I don't think you will get a new receipt after you apply for premium processing. Your check will be linked to the current receipt number and processing will be quicker as they have deadlines to clear the case.

Do not worry as long as there are no issues with your education/prior experience.

All the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonalP (Post 226405)
Thanks for you reply.....

But the new company has already started with H1 Transfer Last month by normal processing.I got receipt on 28th of last month..Now Approval can come anytime ..But it seems delay is going on California Center..I don't mind to do Premium processing but can i re-apply ??
And if i initiat premium processing now should i get one more receipt number ??Pls advice.