Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

mat28 may I ask why you call your employer blood sucker idiot? If he is a blood sucker why did you join in the first place? You guys use bad employers to land on America's shores and when your work is done start calling them names. if you are best and brightest why dont you guys find jobs in American companies and come to America on your own talent? And why did you pay for H1B fees and other fees? You knowingly screwed yourself.

If you still have any self respect left in you, go to DOL yourself. No need to waste money on lawyer. DOL will take your complaint and put screws on your employer and get your money back to you. Do not waste your time on the forum anymore. Just do it.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mat28 has a spectacular aura about mat28 has a spectacular aura about
Default My employer is asking for Finder Fees

Hello imh1b,

Thanks for you reply. But please do not write something which u think you are right and try to judge me where I came from how I came from. I did my school and everything here and I do know the how everything works here all I am trying to get some suggestions to deal this.

As I am in this situation I know the pain. if you are in the same situation you will know what the pain is. When I say blood suckers. because they did the same with other employees I came to know this thing with my other college with in the same company.

I have approached this forum so that I can get some suggestion from people who are already faced it and this is not my daily business.

ANYWAY thanks for you valuable suggestion.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2013
Compare
SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat28 View Post
Hello imh1b,

Thanks for you reply. But please do not write something which u think you are right and try to judge me where I came from how I came from. I did my school and everything here and I do know the how everything works here all I am trying to get some suggestions to deal this.

As I am in this situation I know the pain. if you are in the same situation you will know what the pain is. When I say blood suckers. because they did the same with other employees I came to know this thing with my other college with in the same company.

I have approached this forum so that I can get some suggestion from people who are already faced it and this is not my daily business.

ANYWAY thanks for you valuable suggestion.
Hi Mat28: Just call the HR & finance dept if any. Tell them that the company is not paying salary. Threaten them to report at the DOL. This will scare them & you will get your dues.

I feel really sorry for the situation you are in.
I140 Receipt Date:Jul 26, '07
I140 Approved Date:Apr 8, '08
2nd I140 Receipt Date:Jul 22, '11
I140 RFE Date:Mar 6, '12
I140 Approved Date:May 23, '12
I-485 Mailed Date:Feb 6, '13 Finally
I-485 Receipt Date:Feb 7, '13
I-485 Notice Date:Feb 12, '13
EAD & Advance Parole Approval:Mar 2, '13
EAD & Advance Parole Combo Card Recd Date:Mar 8, '13 (valid for 1 year)
Finger Print Notice date:Mar 29, '13

Old 04-17-2013, 06:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hidude46 has much to be proud of hidude46 has much to be proud of hidude46 has much to be proud of hidude46 has much to be proud of hidude46 has much to be proud of hidude46 has much to be proud of hidude46 has much to be proud of hidude46 has much to be proud of

Mat28, you are not alone, there are many shameless (i.e worst form of Blood suckers) employers making tons of money from Employess such as yourself, just due to the fact that the Employee can be scared into paying by mentioning things like 'leftover pay / bonus will not be paid', 'H1 will be cancelled' etc.

- Firstly, leave them right away and have the other company file your H1B. I have seen employers that charge for H1, but anyone that charges marketing fees is just sucking blood.
- Don't sound scared. They have more to loose than you do.
- Warn them that what they are doing is illegal. Don't say you are going to report them.
- If you would like to report / sue the employer, do it after you leave them and get the approval for H1 from the second employer.

For the future, make sure that you join an employer, who retains not more than 15 days pay.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/12/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat28 View Post
Hi Guys I was doing search for with my current issue with my employer. Hope your suggestions will help me.

Here is my story.

I was working for my employer more than 1 and half year. I got a Full time offer with my current client and I have accepted it the relationship is something like (VCCE) CLIENT VENDOR VENDOR AND EMPLOYER. Correct me if I am wrong with abbreviation. When I accepted with my offer where vendor is ok and client is ok. When I informed my employer that I am going to Full time with current client then they started playing the game saying I need to pay 23% of my current offer with client. I said we never discussed or wrote any agreement with them like that. they started saying we never discuss this as we thouhgt you will stay with us.

The problem is my employer is holding my 2 months of salary which is more than 340 Hours and some bonus. I tried convincing them in proper way they are sticking to one one sentence provide my client contact they will work with them if they are not paying they will deduct it from my pending salary.

I have no clue how to proceed further all my frineds suggesting me to warn saying that will go DOL or lawyer but none of them ever had any issues like that. First I want to understand what he can do and what I can do. I f I send this kind of warnings.

apart form all this
1. I paid my h1b application fees including lawyer.
2. They charged me for marketing fees and reference fees and even collected taxes for marketing and reference money as they said they need to pay in tax. I was ok because this some thing how marketing will get help.
3. But now they are saying that I am not supposed to go to same client location as they are loosing the business. They do not have any dirrect relationship with client.

Please suggest me how to proceed with blood sucker idiots.

Thanks in advance for replies..
mat28,

follow these steps:

1. Transfer your H1b to the new employer, and ensure you have all the necessary documents to ensure your legal status in the country is valid.

2. Write a letter to your employer making similar points as you have in your post and ask for
a) Your Salary
b) Your Bonus
c) Your H1b Charges
d) Marketing Charges
e) Tax you paid.

3. Send this Letter by registered post (with Tracking) to your employer.
4. Please ensure at the bottom of the letter you write CC: DOL
5. Send a copy of the same letter to DOL with all the numbers.
6. You should receive all your money in 2-3 weeks (Guaranteed). Once you do please post the Blood Suckers name in this forum.
7. If the money is not received you can reach out to DOL using the proof of delivery as a reference for filing the charges.

This process will ensure your safety as well as will minimize the pain.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold

For the benefit of other posters and OP: Just wanted to tell you I had SUCCESS story with DOL (WH-4). My employer was of the same breed(vampire). He was in Edison, NJ. I emailed him 5-8 times asking him salary. Added links saying that employer must pay all time, including bench period. His wife started calling me. I never replied. Always remember there is no evidence in phone calls.

Then finally filled out Wh-4 and sent it along with all the email conversions and evidences to say that I join on xx date, but the first salary was on yy date.

I got 11K+ for my spouse and myself.

Good luck

Old 04-23-2013, 05:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortduck View Post
For the benefit of other posters and OP: Just wanted to tell you I had SUCCESS story with DOL (WH-4). My employer was of the same breed(vampire). He was in Edison, NJ. I emailed him 5-8 times asking him salary. Added links saying that employer must pay all time, including bench period. His wife started calling me. I never replied. Always remember there is no evidence in phone calls.

Then finally filled out Wh-4 and sent it along with all the email conversions and evidences to say that I join on xx date, but the first salary was on yy date.

Good luck
Good to know you got your dues. Now it is time to expose....who was it?

Old 04-23-2013, 05:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Good luck
Better disclose it for the benefit of others.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold shortduck is a splendid one to behold

Sorry cant tell you on public forum. but if you search they were in news 2 years back.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry cant tell you on public forum. but if you search they were in news 2 years back.
If one of your own family member is about fall to that company's trap, will you be mum?

Old 04-24-2013, 11:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluckydude View Post
If one of your own family member is about fall to that company's trap, will you be mum?
I do not think it adds to the discussion. Yes I would tell my friend/relative on a heartbeat. But again will not tell him on forum.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluckydude View Post
How is knowing the name going to help? It will only feed the curiosity. When we all know every desi consulting company is like that how does it matter to know the name? What is worth knowing is why people join them when they know very well they are falling in a sewer? Don't tell me they do not know before joining. If a person knows how to google they know enough to understand if they should join desi consulting or join google, microsofts of the world!

Old 04-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Good luck

Great to hear this. One question though -- did you manage to change the employer even without paystubs?

Again, congratulations!

Old 04-24-2013, 02:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Actually I non payment weeks were before I started my first job. I mean the period I came in US and my first job.

Also I was lucky to find another employer in the matter of weeks.

But I have read with other people that attaching a copy of WH-4 helps where paystubs are missing. Also, transfer takes time. I started my new job as soon I got the receipt number. if uscis would have asked me paystubs I would have been able to give them of the new employer and copy of wh4 for the previous employer. Hope this helps.

One more funny thing was, he was forwarding all our email to his email address. I guess he has some password sniffer software installed in his office. He can to know our (all employees) password and added forward email to his email address.

Funny how much mean they can become.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
solaris27 is infamous around these parts solaris27 is infamous around these parts solaris27 is infamous around these parts solaris27 is infamous around these parts
Default expose that desi company

put that company name with website so other people will be aware of these bad desi companies.