Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 870
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris27 View Post
put that company name with website so other people will be aware of these bad desi companies.
Why should the name of the company be put? Is there any good desi consulting company? How does it matter if it is this one or that one. There is nothing to expose here. All are same.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #47 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3
mat28 has a spectacular aura about mat28 has a spectacular aura about
Default 'Desi Employer not paying salary !!!!!!!!'

Guys,

I was away in updating my situation. I am planning to go leagal with my employer as he is playing cheap tricks by calling my friend within the same company and inquiring about my current client contact info and my working experience to scare.

I will disclose the company name ASAP once I will get final results. As I am going legal I need to be very careful not damaging company reputation giving them loops to screw me.

Hope you guys understand.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #48 (permalink)  
Old 05-13-2016, 04:30 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 3
sangeetha.ds is on a distinguished road
Default My employer not paying salary close to 2 months of pay

I worked for a consultant company for 10 and half months (I was on bench for a month) . I was asked to pay premium expenses during h1b transfer and actual h1b expenses my employer paid.

My contract ends after 9.5 months and started attending interviews to find the new client. In this period i got a full time and h1b is transferred to new employer. I gave a 2 weeks notice to current employer to switch to it.

As soon as he knows it, he reverted the pay from bank account paid for current month and disabled adp access from there.Also he is holding close to 10 days salary other than current month pay.He is not picking up any calls and not responding to any emails or messages.

When i went to his office(home address registered), he is saying go to DOL if you want to complain. We already paid more than LCA declared in h1b.

1. I was asked to sign on bond saying if i leave before one year completion, i have to pay all h1b cost --> I told him to deduct from holding amount and pay remaining. But didn't get response.

2. I have payslip that is generated and bank statement which shows that is reverted. Can i show this proof.

3. He is threatening me verbally saying, we can screw you until you get your GC if you something wrong

4. Do i need to consult a lawyer? how much it cost me

So how do i proceed, please help me?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #49 (permalink)  
Old 05-14-2016, 03:25 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 133
AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangeetha.ds View Post
I worked for a consultant company for 10 and half months (I was on bench for a month) . I was asked to pay premium expenses during h1b transfer and actual h1b expenses my employer paid.

My contract ends after 9.5 months and started attending interviews to find the new client. In this period i got a full time and h1b is transferred to new employer. I gave a 2 weeks notice to current employer to switch to it.

As soon as he knows it, he reverted the pay from bank account paid for current month and disabled adp access from there.Also he is holding close to 10 days salary other than current month pay.He is not picking up any calls and not responding to any emails or messages.

When i went to his office(home address registered), he is saying go to DOL if you want to complain. We already paid more than LCA declared in h1b.

1. I was asked to sign on bond saying if i leave before one year completion, i have to pay all h1b cost --> I told him to deduct from holding amount and pay remaining. But didn't get response.

2. I have payslip that is generated and bank statement which shows that is reverted. Can i show this proof.

3. He is threatening me verbally saying, we can screw you until you get your GC if you something wrong

4. Do i need to consult a lawyer? how much it cost me

So how do i proceed, please help me?
It is very easy to let it go. You got a new job, start concentrating on your present and help your future. If you think too much of the past in the present your future gets fucked up. Unfortunately the world is really not very fair and you gotta suck it up. If the compensation you are expecting to get is low, lawyers wont even touch your case.

If my post got you angry and all worked up, you might end up being one of the first who really gave a complaint.

Else you are nearly 25 years late since the first H1b abuse case came and you are not necessarily the last.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #50 (permalink)  
Old 05-14-2016, 01:50 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 4
NotACitizen is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
Why should the name of the company be put? Is there any good desi consulting company? How does it matter if it is this one or that one. There is nothing to expose here. All are same.
I don't have anything to do with this line of work, but believe me, there are good consulting(Desi) firms too. I know a couple of them who actually do this business legitimately. He should not only post the company name but the name of the contact person too. These are the scum who turned the lives of skilled labor into hell. I am a full time electrical engineer with no relation to the IT field, but I know a lot of good souls caught up in this meat market just to realize the american dream.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #51 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2016, 05:58 AM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 3
sangeetha.ds is on a distinguished road
Default My employer not paying salary close to 2 months of pay

I worked for a consultant company for 10 and half months (I was on bench for a month) . I was asked to pay premium expenses during h1b transfer and actual h1b expenses my employer paid.

My contract ends after 9.5 months and started attending interviews to find the new client. In this period i got a full time and h1b is transferred to new employer. I gave a 2 weeks notice to current employer to switch to it.

As soon as he knows it, he reverted the pay from bank account paid for current month and disabled adp access from there.Also he is holding close to 10 days salary other than current month pay.He is not picking up any calls and not responding to any emails or messages.

When i went to his office(home address registered), he is saying go to DOL if you want to complain. We already paid more than LCA declared in h1b.

1. I was asked to sign on bond saying if i leave before one year completion, i have to pay all h1b cost --> I told him to deduct from holding amount and pay remaining. But didn't get response.

2. I have payslip that is generated and bank statement which shows that is reverted. Can i show this proof.

3. He is threatening me verbally saying, we can screw you until you get your GC if you something wrong

4. Do i need to consult a lawyer? how much it cost me

So how do i proceed, please help me?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #52 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2016, 06:19 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 757
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangeetha.ds View Post
I worked for a consultant company for 10 and half months (I was on bench for a month) . I was asked to pay premium expenses during h1b transfer and actual h1b expenses my employer paid.

My contract ends after 9.5 months and started attending interviews to find the new client. In this period i got a full time and h1b is transferred to new employer. I gave a 2 weeks notice to current employer to switch to it.

As soon as he knows it, he reverted the pay from bank account paid for current month and disabled adp access from there.Also he is holding close to 10 days salary other than current month pay.He is not picking up any calls and not responding to any emails or messages.

When i went to his office(home address registered), he is saying go to DOL if you want to complain. We already paid more than LCA declared in h1b.

1. I was asked to sign on bond saying if i leave before one year completion, i have to pay all h1b cost --> I told him to deduct from holding amount and pay remaining. But didn't get response.

2. I have payslip that is generated and bank statement which shows that is reverted. Can i show this proof.

3. He is threatening me verbally saying, we can screw you until you get your GC if you something wrong

4. Do i need to consult a lawyer? how much it cost me

So how do i proceed, please help me?
Typical Desi mentality. Gather all the proof, pay stubs, your agreement and and letter from your client that you worked for the hours that you weren't paid.

Go ahead and file the complaint. Don't step back. He cannot do anything, literally.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #53 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2016, 01:30 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 133
AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy_guy View Post
Typical Desi mentality. Gather all the proof, pay stubs, your agreement and and letter from your client that you worked for the hours that you weren't paid.

Go ahead and file the complaint. Don't step back. He cannot do anything, literally.
Complaint !!! are you kidding !!! People looking for sympathy, can't even let go even though s/he got a new job.

S/he simply had some agreement with the company during hard times and now in due course when got a new job, thinks the bridge is already crossed, so let's burn it down.

Let me state some hard facts , when you file for a GC with the new company, you require the letter from the previous employer stating your prior skills. As usual people will give you enough advise that you can mock up that information, but in reality if you get an RFE for your application with respect to this, you are better off if you had a sweet exit with your current employer.

Law is not for weak hearted. You need to realize in your mind that injustice has been done against you and you are willing to pursue the case to the fullest extend. All the people complaining in the forums do not, I repeat do not have the ability to do that.

Every once in a while you get these kind of people. Keeping us entertained.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #54 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2016, 11:09 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1
Ramsey is infamous around these parts Ramsey is infamous around these parts Ramsey is infamous around these parts Ramsey is infamous around these parts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMan View Post
Complaint !!! are you kidding !!! People looking for sympathy, can't even let go even though s/he got a new job.

S/he simply had some agreement with the company during hard times and now in due course when got a new job, thinks the bridge is already crossed, so let's burn it down.

Let me state some hard facts , when you file for a GC with the new company, you require the letter from the previous employer stating your prior skills. As usual people will give you enough advise that you can mock up that information, but in reality if you get an RFE for your application with respect to this, you are better off if you had a sweet exit with your current employer.

Law is not for weak hearted. You need to realize in your mind that injustice has been done against you and you are willing to pursue the case to the fullest extend. All the people complaining in the forums do not, I repeat do not have the ability to do that.

Every once in a while you get these kind of people. Keeping us entertained.
Mr. AceMan iam sure you should be one of those blood sucking desi consulting companies. Can you let it go your 2 months Salary. If yes, give it to her/him. Its not simply sitting in home and earning that money. Also its not required GC for every one to stay here, their spouses can make their dependents work without these fucking consulating companies reference. Be helpful otherwise leave it.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #55 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2016, 10:03 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 133
AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
Mr. AceMan iam sure you should be one of those blood sucking desi consulting companies. Can you let it go your 2 months Salary. If yes, give it to her/him. Its not simply sitting in home and earning that money. Also its not required GC for every one to stay here, their spouses can make their dependents work without these fucking consulating companies reference. Be helpful otherwise leave it.
Ramsay, I am sorry that you got offended when I stated a hard fact. I have been a consultant and I had let go of my one months salary when I moved. That's the choice I made. Nothing in the world is black or white.

However your tone implies that anybody who suggests an alternative path is your enemy and you feel coloring them with your inner feelings.

Helpful doesn't imply that I stroke your ego and empathize with your problem. Now when you put a question in an open forum, you can get answers which you don't like, Some can get anal about that, but it is not going to help.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #56 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2016, 01:05 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 16
Aemon.Targ is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMan View Post
Complaint !!! are you kidding !!! People looking for sympathy, can't even let go even though s/he got a new job.

S/he simply had some agreement with the company during hard times and now in due course when got a new job, thinks the bridge is already crossed, so let's burn it down.

Let me state some hard facts , when you file for a GC with the new company, you require the letter from the previous employer stating your prior skills. As usual people will give you enough advise that you can mock up that information, but in reality if you get an RFE for your application with respect to this, you are better off if you had a sweet exit with your current employer.

Law is not for weak hearted. You need to realize in your mind that injustice has been done against you and you are willing to pursue the case to the fullest extend. All the people complaining in the forums do not, I repeat do not have the ability to do that.

Every once in a while you get these kind of people. Keeping us entertained.
Yes, employee can file a complaint against his fraud employer, no doubt in it. Coming to the exp letter, their are alternatives for that. When primary evidence is not available then secondary evidence can be submitted. So its FAIR to file a complaint against that fraud employer.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #57 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2016, 08:36 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 133
AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aemon.Targ View Post
Yes, employee can file a complaint against his fraud employer, no doubt in it. Coming to the exp letter, their are alternatives for that. When primary evidence is not available then secondary evidence can be submitted. So its FAIR to file a complaint against that fraud employer.
The people who are gonna complain against their employers will go ahead and do that. They will not wait for online expertise. I am 1000 % sure that person just needs the salary s/he thinks should get and everything else is just throwing dirt. They have enough information already to proceed against the employer.

Just the fake threat of being accomplice in the fraud employer would suffice for these people to retreat. I believe this forum is better off with out these kind of cry babies.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary pending for 4 months desi bloodsuckers Plz Help!! DOL complaint monkonmission Non-Immigrant Visa 36 10-18-2010 09:07 PM
Desi employer trouble_H1B (HELP) H1B_employee Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation 11 12-23-2008 01:58 PM
H1B , Desi Employer & Virginia Labor laws rajeshalex Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation 4 10-02-2008 11:28 AM
Employer not paying salary cat555 Non-Immigrant Visas 12 09-22-2008 12:04 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org