Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris27 View Post
put that company name with website so other people will be aware of these bad desi companies.
Why should the name of the company be put? Is there any good desi consulting company? How does it matter if it is this one or that one. There is nothing to expose here. All are same.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mat28 has a spectacular aura about mat28 has a spectacular aura about
Default 'Desi Employer not paying salary !!!!!!!!'

Guys,

I was away in updating my situation. I am planning to go leagal with my employer as he is playing cheap tricks by calling my friend within the same company and inquiring about my current client contact info and my working experience to scare.

I will disclose the company name ASAP once I will get final results. As I am going legal I need to be very careful not damaging company reputation giving them loops to screw me.

Hope you guys understand.

Old 05-13-2016, 04:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sangeetha.ds is on a distinguished road
Default My employer not paying salary close to 2 months of pay

I worked for a consultant company for 10 and half months (I was on bench for a month) . I was asked to pay premium expenses during h1b transfer and actual h1b expenses my employer paid.

My contract ends after 9.5 months and started attending interviews to find the new client. In this period i got a full time and h1b is transferred to new employer. I gave a 2 weeks notice to current employer to switch to it.

As soon as he knows it, he reverted the pay from bank account paid for current month and disabled adp access from there.Also he is holding close to 10 days salary other than current month pay.He is not picking up any calls and not responding to any emails or messages.

When i went to his office(home address registered), he is saying go to DOL if you want to complain. We already paid more than LCA declared in h1b.

1. I was asked to sign on bond saying if i leave before one year completion, i have to pay all h1b cost --> I told him to deduct from holding amount and pay remaining. But didn't get response.

2. I have payslip that is generated and bank statement which shows that is reverted. Can i show this proof.

3. He is threatening me verbally saying, we can screw you until you get your GC if you something wrong

4. Do i need to consult a lawyer? how much it cost me

So how do i proceed, please help me?

Old 05-14-2016, 03:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangeetha.ds View Post
I worked for a consultant company for 10 and half months (I was on bench for a month) . I was asked to pay premium expenses during h1b transfer and actual h1b expenses my employer paid.

My contract ends after 9.5 months and started attending interviews to find the new client. In this period i got a full time and h1b is transferred to new employer. I gave a 2 weeks notice to current employer to switch to it.

As soon as he knows it, he reverted the pay from bank account paid for current month and disabled adp access from there.Also he is holding close to 10 days salary other than current month pay.He is not picking up any calls and not responding to any emails or messages.

When i went to his office(home address registered), he is saying go to DOL if you want to complain. We already paid more than LCA declared in h1b.

1. I was asked to sign on bond saying if i leave before one year completion, i have to pay all h1b cost --> I told him to deduct from holding amount and pay remaining. But didn't get response.

2. I have payslip that is generated and bank statement which shows that is reverted. Can i show this proof.

3. He is threatening me verbally saying, we can screw you until you get your GC if you something wrong

It is very easy to let it go. You got a new job, start concentrating on your present and help your future. If you think too much of the past in the present your future gets fucked up. Unfortunately the world is really not very fair and you gotta suck it up. If the compensation you are expecting to get is low, lawyers wont even touch your case.

If my post got you angry and all worked up, you might end up being one of the first who really gave a complaint.

Else you are nearly 25 years late since the first H1b abuse case came and you are not necessarily the last.

Old 05-14-2016, 01:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
NotACitizen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
Why should the name of the company be put? Is there any good desi consulting company? How does it matter if it is this one or that one. There is nothing to expose here. All are same.
I don't have anything to do with this line of work, but believe me, there are good consulting(Desi) firms too. I know a couple of them who actually do this business legitimately. He should not only post the company name but the name of the contact person too. These are the scum who turned the lives of skilled labor into hell. I am a full time electrical engineer with no relation to the IT field, but I know a lot of good souls caught up in this meat market just to realize the american dream.

Old 05-15-2016, 05:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sangeetha.ds is on a distinguished road
Default My employer not paying salary close to 2 months of pay

Old 05-15-2016, 06:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangeetha.ds View Post

Typical Desi mentality. Gather all the proof, pay stubs, your agreement and and letter from your client that you worked for the hours that you weren't paid.

Go ahead and file the complaint. Don't step back. He cannot do anything, literally.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy_guy View Post
Typical Desi mentality. Gather all the proof, pay stubs, your agreement and and letter from your client that you worked for the hours that you weren't paid.

Go ahead and file the complaint. Don't step back. He cannot do anything, literally.
Complaint !!! are you kidding !!! People looking for sympathy, can't even let go even though s/he got a new job.

S/he simply had some agreement with the company during hard times and now in due course when got a new job, thinks the bridge is already crossed, so let's burn it down.

Let me state some hard facts , when you file for a GC with the new company, you require the letter from the previous employer stating your prior skills. As usual people will give you enough advise that you can mock up that information, but in reality if you get an RFE for your application with respect to this, you are better off if you had a sweet exit with your current employer.

Law is not for weak hearted. You need to realize in your mind that injustice has been done against you and you are willing to pursue the case to the fullest extend. All the people complaining in the forums do not, I repeat do not have the ability to do that.

Every once in a while you get these kind of people. Keeping us entertained.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Ramsey is infamous around these parts Ramsey is infamous around these parts Ramsey is infamous around these parts Ramsey is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMan View Post
Complaint !!! are you kidding !!! People looking for sympathy, can't even let go even though s/he got a new job.

S/he simply had some agreement with the company during hard times and now in due course when got a new job, thinks the bridge is already crossed, so let's burn it down.

Let me state some hard facts , when you file for a GC with the new company, you require the letter from the previous employer stating your prior skills. As usual people will give you enough advise that you can mock up that information, but in reality if you get an RFE for your application with respect to this, you are better off if you had a sweet exit with your current employer.

Law is not for weak hearted. You need to realize in your mind that injustice has been done against you and you are willing to pursue the case to the fullest extend. All the people complaining in the forums do not, I repeat do not have the ability to do that.

Mr. AceMan iam sure you should be one of those blood sucking desi consulting companies. Can you let it go your 2 months Salary. If yes, give it to her/him. Its not simply sitting in home and earning that money. Also its not required GC for every one to stay here, their spouses can make their dependents work without these fucking consulating companies reference. Be helpful otherwise leave it.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
Mr. AceMan iam sure you should be one of those blood sucking desi consulting companies. Can you let it go your 2 months Salary. If yes, give it to her/him. Its not simply sitting in home and earning that money. Also its not required GC for every one to stay here, their spouses can make their dependents work without these fucking consulating companies reference. Be helpful otherwise leave it.
Ramsay, I am sorry that you got offended when I stated a hard fact. I have been a consultant and I had let go of my one months salary when I moved. That's the choice I made. Nothing in the world is black or white.

However your tone implies that anybody who suggests an alternative path is your enemy and you feel coloring them with your inner feelings.

Helpful doesn't imply that I stroke your ego and empathize with your problem. Now when you put a question in an open forum, you can get answers which you don't like, Some can get anal about that, but it is not going to help.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Aemon.Targ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMan View Post

Yes, employee can file a complaint against his fraud employer, no doubt in it. Coming to the exp letter, their are alternatives for that. When primary evidence is not available then secondary evidence can be submitted. So its FAIR to file a complaint against that fraud employer.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aemon.Targ View Post
Yes, employee can file a complaint against his fraud employer, no doubt in it. Coming to the exp letter, their are alternatives for that. When primary evidence is not available then secondary evidence can be submitted. So its FAIR to file a complaint against that fraud employer.
The people who are gonna complain against their employers will go ahead and do that. They will not wait for online expertise. I am 1000 % sure that person just needs the salary s/he thinks should get and everything else is just throwing dirt. They have enough information already to proceed against the employer.

Just the fake threat of being accomplice in the fraud employer would suffice for these people to retreat. I believe this forum is better off with out these kind of cry babies.