Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14
VenuK is on a distinguished road
Default H1B Visa Revalidation stamping in Unique Situation

hi,
Can someone help me with the situation i'm in.
I had H1B Visa validityfrom X company from 06/2004 - 12/2007.Applied for extension in June 2007. I had
query on it and i got status update in Feb 2008,stating request for evidence(RFE) documents.
X company send the documents but got denial on May 2 , 2008. I had 2 options at this point of time
first one was make an appeal with right documents. second one was to leave the country in 30
days which i has NOT choosen obviously.
In the mean time, i have applied for H1-B Transfer with new company with premium processing. Also made appeal with old company (X) , I'm waiting for the decision of appeal. but now, i got
APPROVAL on my H1-B Transfer with new company.
I-94 that i have on my passport is with Old company(X) .

Question is:
I need to revalidate my visa that was expired in December 2007. I received my H1B extention last week
when i met Immigration officer close to where i live. she said u r good to travel with new I#94 number (which is same as old one). but without visa how would it be possible.
Do i really need stamping to go out of US to visit my native country?


Pls advise. Any answers would be appreciated
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 691
meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenuK View Post
hi,
Can someone help me with the situation i'm in.
I had H1B Visa validityfrom X company from 06/2004 - 12/2007.Applied for extension in June 2007. I had
query on it and i got status update in Feb 2008,stating request for evidence(RFE) documents.
X company send the documents but got denial on May 2 , 2008. I had 2 options at this point of time
first one was make an appeal with right documents. second one was to leave the country in 30
days which i has NOT choosen obviously.
In the mean time, i have applied for H1-B Transfer with new company with premium processing. Also made appeal with old company (X) , I'm waiting for the decision of appeal. but now, i got
APPROVAL on my H1-B Transfer with new company.
I-94 that i have on my passport is with Old company(X) .

Question is:
I need to revalidate my visa that was expired in December 2007. I received my H1B extention last week
when i met Immigration officer close to where i live. she said u r good to travel with new I#94 number (which is same as old one). but without visa how would it be possible.
Do i really need stamping to go out of US to visit my native country?


Pls advise. Any answers would be appreciated
+ you need a new visa stamp to re-enter the country. New approval notice alone is not enough.

+ did you get an I-94 with the new companys H1 approval notice? When you applied that H1, what did you specify as your old employer? company X or the company whose H1 was denied and is now under appeal? Because that makes the intermediate H1 a 'bridge' petition, and opens up potentical complications.... read the following:
http://www.immigration-information.c...ead.php?t=5176
http://www.murthy.com/chatlogs/ch021808_P.html
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14
VenuK is on a distinguished road
Default

Hi Meridiani,

Thank you for your response.
I did talk to Immigration Officer and my lawyer about it.
Immigration Officer said I-94 will be mailed to my employer and/or lawyer. even before that i talk to my lawyer about it. he said, I-94 will be the SAME number that i had company X.
I have to check with my lawyer for the your question what did you specify as your old employer? company X or the company whose H1 was denied and is now under appeal?
added to it .
my passport expiration date is March 2009. so i have to 6+ months validity for visa stamping so i have to go some time in July or August 2008.

how should i approach the situation, I'm confused...
who would be the right people i need to talk to. what would be my best bet....


Please advise.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 41
Tshelar will become famous soon enough
Default Multiple companies can be processing a candidate's H1B at the same time.

There is no law against multiple companies processing H1B for the same candidate at the same time. In past I had 2 Job offeres and both companies were processing my H1-B at the same time. Eventually I joined one of them. I do not see any issue for you to go back to your Home country and get the visa stamped as long as you are working and getting paid as per your approved H1-B petition.
Also if you never landed up working for the company for which your H1B transfered got denied then there is no issue at all, but if you did then I am not sure about the ramifications.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14
VenuK is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshelar View Post
There is no law against multiple companies processing H1B for the same candidate at the same time. In past I had 2 Job offeres and both companies were processing my H1-B at the same time. Eventually I joined one of them. I do not see any issue for you to go back to your Home country and get the visa stamped as long as you are working and getting paid as per your approved H1-B petition.
Also if you never landed up working for the company for which your H1B transfered got denied then there is no issue at all, but if you did then I am not sure about the ramifications.
Hi Shelar,
Thanks for your response.
I dont want to go to my home country for stamping. I'm residing in california so i want to go nearby country which is Tijauna, Mexico.
currently, my pay stubbs are still generated with old company (X). Now i've got I-797 approved from New company on June 6th,2006. Is it a must that i have to have at least couple of pay stubbs generated with new company before going for visa stamping

pls advise.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2008, 09:22 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 397
sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Paystubs are important

HI,
I recently went for stamping in Canada and they did ask me recent paystubs.
I woudl work for the new company , have some paystubs and then go to neighboring country to get the stamping done. But if the current visa on passport is valid for some more time, I dont think its really needed to get visa from latest company. To my knowledge u can always use old stamp to travel, as long as you have the latest aproval petition and you carry with you,I may be wrong if somehting changed recently,
Thanks,
Sri.



Quote:
Originally Posted by VenuK View Post
Hi Shelar,
Thanks for your response.
I dont want to go to my home country for stamping. I'm residing in california so i want to go nearby country which is Tijauna, Mexico.
currently, my pay stubbs are still generated with old company (X). Now i've got I-797 approved from New company on June 6th,2006. Is it a must that i have to have at least couple of pay stubbs generated with new company before going for visa stamping

pls advise.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 58
immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pay stubs & Tax returns are important

Hi,

Pay stubs & Tax returns for all your stay in USA are most important. Some times, you may be asked to submit w2 form for all your employer changes. If you have worked with company that had a H1B transfer denial, You need to have pay stubs & w2 form from that company also.

The office at any USA consulate may ask you the following items,
1. recent pay stubs (Probably for 3 months)
2. W2 form from your old company & new company (If you have worked for 2 companies in the FY 2007.
3. Last pay stub from your old company & first pay stub form your new company. This is to verify your continuity on the work
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14
VenuK is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri1309 View Post
HI,
I recently went for stamping in Canada and they did ask me recent paystubs.
I woudl work for the new company , have some paystubs and then go to neighboring country to get the stamping done. But if the current visa on passport is valid for some more time, I dont think its really needed to get visa from latest company. To my knowledge u can always use old stamp to travel, as long as you have the latest aproval petition and you carry with you,I may be wrong if somehting changed recently,
Thanks,
Sri.
Hi Sri,
Thanks for your feedback.
The current/recent visa on my passport is expired in Dec 2007. but i have applied for H1-B extension in June 2007.
Thats why im so nervous about the whole situation.
fyi... I have all the pay stubs from my old company till May 2008.
Venu
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2008
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 604
kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default

If the I-94 is attached to the new approval notice, you need not go for stamping to home country. If it is not, I advise that you go to home country for getting a new stamp.

The above applies if you do not plan to travel outside USA.

If you plan to travel outside USA, you can get stamp in any nearest USA consulate. Again neighbouring country or home country offers best choice.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unique situation - H1B eyeswe Immigrant Visa 4 05-18-2009 07:15 PM
H4 Visa stamping..bit complicated situation tabletpc Non-Immigrant Visas 10 03-17-2009 06:09 PM
Urgent Situation!! H1 Visa Stamping In Vancouver In Pending Status And H4 Cancelled.. kowligi Non-Immigrant Visas 5 10-02-2008 01:33 PM
H1B Stamping in Halifax Canada (only for revalidation) arjun007 Non-Immigrant Visas 8 02-08-2008 01:41 AM
H1B revalidation vs New H1B stamping at chennai... tabletpc All other Green Card Issues 3 12-28-2007 09:25 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org