Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hemamani can only hope to improve
Default Delay in Receiving the passport after VISA interview

Hi.,

My wife and kids went for visa interview last friday (13th June 2008). Visa officer collected their passport and told that you will recieve the passport by next week. NO colored notice/slips are issued that time. But, We didn't receive the passport so far. The passport was NOT sent to the VFS office either. When we called the consulate regarding this, they told that the passport is with Consulate only and I-797 verification is under process which will take 5-10 business days.

My questions here is:
1. Once the visa officer accepts the passport, what are all the process involved before despatching the stamped passport to the applicant?

Note:
Currently I am in US under visa extension and yet to get my passport stamped for this extension period. My wife went to stamping with my new extension approval notice I-797.

Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2008, 05:50 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2008
Compare
sidd is infamous around these parts sidd is infamous around these parts sidd is infamous around these parts sidd is infamous around these parts sidd is infamous around these parts
Default PIMS Verification

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemamani View Post
Hi.,

My wife and kids went for visa interview last friday (13th June 2008). Visa officer collected their passport and told that you will recieve the passport by next week. NO colored notice/slips are issued that time. But, We didn't receive the passport so far. The passport was NOT sent to the VFS office either. When we called the consulate regarding this, they told that the passport is with Consulate only and I-797 verification is under process which will take 5-10 business days.

My questions here is:
1. Once the visa officer accepts the passport, what are all the process involved before despatching the stamped passport to the applicant?

Note:
Currently I am in US under visa extension and yet to get my passport stamped for this extension period. My wife went to stamping with my new extension approval notice I-797.

Thanks
It is PIMS verification. Your I-797/petition is verified against a central database. If the petition info. is not already there in the database, then it may take around 1-4 weeks to get it entered in the database and verify it.

I would appreciate if you could share some more information about yourself that can be helpful to others...like....app. when your H1B was approved and from which CENTER. To which consulate your wife went for the stamping?

Old 06-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

The below thread has a lot of info.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...highlight=PIMS (PIMS CLAIMS verification: Lets track delays in Visa Issuance/ Passport Stamping)

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sandy_77 will become famous soon enough
Default An appeal to all intending to travel

I would like to appeal to all the people who want to travel outside the country and would need a new visa stamp to come back to US....please...please...please do not take this risk unless it is a family emergency (a life and death situation rather than a brother,sister getting married). Per the new rules all of us have to pass through many checks (such as PIMS, NAME CHECK, SECURITY CLEARANCE, ETC.). Contrary to popular belief PIMS is the simplest of all. You will possibly get a PIMS clearance within a month (usually 5 days). However, if you get stuck because of other checks, only God can help you. People (more than a couple of thousand at any given time during these days) are stuck at the consulates in India for two months or more (these days waiting time exceeds 4 months in normal cases and I am one of them). Some guys have been given visas after 1.5 years. Also, contrary to what most lawyers would have you believe that only those people get stuck who have done something wrong, I can assure you that there are very few cases (possibly less than a 5% of the total) who have been outright rejected even after significant delays for security clearances. These lawyers have just surrendered before the DOS/DHS...possibly avoiding burning bridges with the government rather than protecting human rights and civil liberties. God forbid if you get stuck for reasons other than PIMS, anything you can ever know from consulate/DOS after that is that your case is pending in "additional administrative processing" for security clearance. No more no less and you probably have no right to demand transparency. Not even your local congressman/senator can save you then from the harassment that the DOS thinks you deserve for being a third world citizen.
Sorry for being so brazen but I am tired of all these travel related questions. Somehow I think some of like to challenge the consulate/DOS OR our luck (like I did...but I didn't even know that there is a best like AAP out there waiting for me...of course ignorance is not an excuse either).

Old 06-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy_77 View Post
I would like to appeal to all the people who want to travel outside the country and would need a new visa stamp to come back to US....please...please...please do not take this risk unless it is a family emergency (a life and death situation rather than a brother,sister getting married).
Cant attend own brothers wedding because we are scared of the possibility of MAYBE getting a delayed visa stamping?? what kind of life is that? ....

Old 06-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
Dipika is a splendid one to behold Dipika is a splendid one to behold Dipika is a splendid one to behold Dipika is a splendid one to behold Dipika is a splendid one to behold Dipika is a splendid one to behold Dipika is a splendid one to behold
Default go to Mexico for Visa stamping

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiani.planum View Post
Cant attend own brothers wedding because we are scared of the possibility of MAYBE getting a delayed visa stamping?? what kind of life is that? ....
You can go to Mexico (Methamoras OR Tijuana) to get visa stamp, then go to india. It's very quick and easy to get an appointment. i did it on last october and then went to india within month and came back in Jan 2008.
EAD/AP rec Oct 11 2007
H1B ext till Aug 2010.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you. Even small contributions are highly appreciated.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 06-20-2008, 06:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
calabor2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its kinda sad, but I can relate with both the sides here. For folks who are stuck in the stupid AAP (NameCheck, Security Clearance) - the life is harsh - especially if you just came for a quick trip. I am dealing with it for the last 5.5 months and it hasn't been easy. Thankfully, we have a workaround.

But yes, I do agree that missing a lifetime wedding of a sibling because you will get stuck for a few months is perhaps taking it too far. Now, I know folks who have/are doing this and they have valid reasons. We all have our own reasons and to each his /her own.

If you can get Advance Parole then travel with it. If you cannot, then just be prepared for the long haul and prepare your company/client - lawyer and ensure there is a support system that will see through your obligations in States. US Govt. will eventually clear the Visa - the sibling may not necessarily marry again! Make your choice! Good Luck and do the right thing for you!!!
I-140: 03.21.07
I-485: 6.12.07
FP Done: 7.17.07
LUD: 7.17.07; 7.18.07
EAD: 6.02.08
AP: 10.08
I-1485: Approved 6/2010.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2007
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2008
Compare
Phogs is on a distinguished road
Default Same Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipika View Post
You can go to Mexico (Methamoras OR Tijuana) to get visa stamp, then go to india. It's very quick and easy to get an appointment. i did it on last october and then went to india within month and came back in Jan 2008.
DID THE SAME THING! WENT TO TIJUANA, MEXICO FOR STAMPING. T'WAS PRETTY QUICK AND EASY. MAKE SURE ALL DOCUMENTS ARE LEGAL THOUGH... ANYBODY GOING TO TIJUANA? MAKE SURE TO VISIT PLAZA DE LOS HEROS..CHEAP CORONA BEER THERE, JUST A BUCK A PIECE, WHICH I INDULGE AFTER GETTING MY VISA STAMPED...

CAUTION: MAKE SURE THAT UR SOBER AT POE!!!

Old 06-25-2008, 07:03 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hemamani can only hope to improve

Hi...

I called Ciudad Juarez, Mexico - -800-919-1754 (with a cost of US$7.00 per call payable by Visa or MasterCard) and checked up with the customer service with my petition number whether he could see my petition details in his system. He told me that he could see my petition details in the system. And, I asked him whether that information is from PIMS? But, he told me that he is not sure what system is that but he could see my petition information.

Does anyone have thoughts on this ... ie., MY Petition information is available in PIMS right now? If so, when will I get the passports stamped?

Thanks!