Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
terrific104 is on a distinguished road
Default desi consultancy job

Hello all,
I would like to know what do you call a person who works only in a single company and gets his pay yearly irrespective of the projects.is it "permanent employee"?
In other words if you are a typical desi consultant you will have interviews with clients and then you get placed for a 6-10 months project.After completion of this project you have to search again for a project...i am speaking about the one who does not work like this....
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default There is no permanent employment

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrific104 View Post
Hello all,
I would like to know what do you call a person who works only in a single company and gets his pay yearly irrespective of the projects.is it "permanent employee"?
In other words if you are a typical desi consultant you will have interviews with clients and then you get placed for a 6-10 months project.After completion of this project you have to search again for a project...i am speaking about the one who does not work like this....
You can probably call him a fulltime employee.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of
Smile

Typically, companies like IBM, Deloitte, Accenture are very similar to desi consulting companies, however the key difference is that...these big companies have a pool of projects that they are already working on or are bidding for. This allows an individual to jump from one project to another, hence an employee does not need to look for another project when he is off one.....In big companies we have resource managers who are responsible for placing employee with the correct projects, which does not happen in desi firms, where the employee seems to fend for themselves.....

Most of the firms are either product based or service based, and each employee is working on some project in that firm, this allows no interruptions in the work period. So you see the model is the same across all industries,either it is product based project or a service based project. When they do not have a project for you, you are laid off, which is similar to a situation when there is no continous flow of projects and then we have a gap like in a desi company.

In short all such people are called FULL TIME EMPLOYEE, who is working at least 40 hrs/week. There are also Contract Employees, who work for a project and then leave. The final category is a PART TIME Employee, where the employee is working less than 40 hrs.

In the world of H1 and pre GC, all are supposed to be FUll Time....all the other concepts should not exist ideally, otherwise it is illegal. This is why an H1 employee should be paid on bench, and should be paid as a W2 employee, since he/she is considered as a FT employee and not a contract employee.
Did not apply for EAD and AP
GREENED Aug 12, 2010

************************************************** ******************************
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrific104 View Post
Hello all,
If you are paid on bench, even if you have to take interviews and search new project every 6-10 monhts, IT IS A PERMANENT JOB.

RD: 6/7/07, ND: 6/19/07, FP: 7/21/07
485 LUDs: 7/23, 7/24 & 7/28
EAD Approved: 9/12
AP Approved : 9/24

Old 09-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
terrific104 is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks

Thanks for the info.Basically i am hunting for jobs as a software programmer so I guess now I need to search for full time positions as it does not have the tension of searching for new project in every six months......

Old 09-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalGC View Post
Typically, companies like IBM, Deloitte, Accenture are very similar to desi consulting companies, however the key difference is that...these big companies have a pool of projects that they are already working on or are bidding for. This allows an individual to jump from one project to another, hence an employee does not need to look for another project when he is off one.....In big companies we have resource managers who are responsible for placing employee with the correct projects, which does not happen in desi firms, where the employee seems to fend for themselves.....

Most of the firms are either product based or service based, and each employee is working on some project in that firm, this allows no interruptions in the work period. So you see the model is the same across all industries,either it is product based project or a service based project. When they do not have a project for you, you are laid off, which is similar to a situation when there is no continous flow of projects and then we have a gap like in a desi company.

In short all such people are called FULL TIME EMPLOYEE, who is working at least 40 hrs/week. There are also Contract Employees, who work for a project and then leave. The final category is a PART TIME Employee, where the employee is working less than 40 hrs.

In the world of H1 and pre GC, all are supposed to be FUll Time....all the other concepts should not exist ideally, otherwise it is illegal. This is why an H1 employee should be paid on bench, and should be paid as a W2 employee, since he/she is considered as a FT employee and not a contract employee.
good explanation!!! I wanted to give you Green, but I was unable to do so, it was saying "you have to first give some to others....blah blah.blah..." Don't know why it did not allow me to give you "green"...sorry!

Last edited by LostInGCProcess; 09-16-2008 at 01:33 PM.