Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute
Default H4-->H1; H1 Approval notice does not contain I94

Hi All

My wife received her H1 document approval notice yesterday, but her approval notice does not contain I 94.

Employer says they will receive I 94 document seperately and they will mail it.

My question is, Is Employer saying TRUTH
Usually I94 is part of H1 Approval notice, ie bottom part, Do USCIS send out both these documents seperately.

If my wife does not get her I 94 what are her Options

your Response is truly appreciated
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

Normally u get a recipt notice withing 2 weeks or submitting H1 application. Check to see if waht u have is a just receipt notice or a I-797 (H1B Doc).

Last I knew I94 shud be at the bottom of the I-797

Old 11-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Malaysia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold
Lightbulb

If No I-94 attached with the approval notice then you need to get the stamping when you tavel outside the country.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
p_aluri is on a distinguished road

Your Employer is wrong. USCIS won't send I-94 in separate mail.

As per my knowledge, One should not start working unless there is I-94 attached to I-797 Approval Notice.

Your wife need to go out of the US and get it stamped before start working.

At POE, the Immigration Officer will issue the new I-94 with valid H1-B Status.

Again I am not an attorney...

Please talk to attorney for further clarifications.

All The Best.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by baleraosreedhar
Hi All

My wife received her H1 document approval notice yesterday, but her approval notice does not contain I 94.

Usually I94 is part of H1 Approval notice, ie bottom part, Do USCIS send out both these documents seperately.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light
Default Your employer is RIGHT!

What you received by mail is a courtesy notification that your case is approved, with the space for I-94 is blank. The original H1 Approval notice with I-94 will be sent to the lawyer. You may wait for a week or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baleraosreedhar
Hi All

Old 11-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Courtesy notice will be clear

Courtesy notice will clearly say it is a courtesy notice. If you are sure it is H1b approval, then you have to leave the country and get it stamped before your current I94 expires.

You cannot wait to get it stamped until you travel outside. Someone said so earlier, so I want to clarify that it is not correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO_Free_Rider
What you received by mail is a courtesy notification that your case is approved, with the space for I-94 is blank. The original H1 Approval notice with I-94 will be sent to the lawyer. You may wait for a week or two.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold

if you received the notice, then it is probably a courtesy notice. USCIS will only send the actual approval notice to your lawyer. so wait for the lawyer to let you know.

Old 11-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
perm2gc will become famous soon enough perm2gc will become famous soon enough

Your Approval Notice is sent to the attorny not to you.If the current one you have is original one from attorney then your wife has to out of country immediately and enter with I94 ...Please note I94 is the one that determines you status in this country...

Old 11-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/27/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by perm2gc
Your Approval Notice is sent to the attorny not to you.If the current one you have is original one from attorney then your wife has to out of country immediately and enter with I94 ...Please note I94 is the one that determines you status in this country...
USCIS sends out three copies of the approval notice Form I797 A: Sent to the attorney on record, Form I797 B sent to the Petitioner and Form I797C sent to the beneficiary. Check the lower right hand corner of the notice you received for the form number. The B and C versions are courtesy copies. That is why if you look at the "documents needed" section for stamping of H1B in any of the Consulates or VFS sites they typically mention "original Form I797A"

Hope this helps.

Old 11-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks A Lot

Hi all,
Thanks a lot for ur responses
I got the courtesy copy ,i will contact my wifes employer again to send me the copy of i797 the attorney received.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
perm2gc will become famous soon enough perm2gc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkarnik
USCIS sends out three copies of the approval notice Form I797 A: Sent to the attorney on record, Form I797 B sent to the Petitioner and Form I797C sent to the beneficiary. Check the lower right hand corner of the notice you received for the form number. The B and C versions are courtesy copies. That is why if you look at the "documents needed" section for stamping of H1B in any of the Consulates or VFS sites they typically mention "original Form I797A"

Hope this helps.
Thks for the Info..I am aware only I-797 has two parts..