Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 11:34 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rr_immaculate is on a distinguished road
Default H1B transfer approval notice received-still in payroll of current employer

Employer B applied for H1B transfer and it was approved in september,2008.But I am still in the payroll of employer A and have not joined B yet(no paystubs etc). Employer A knows this and has not revoked my H1B (visa valid till december 2009 and have got it stamped already). I would like to travel to India in this situation (emergency).

I still intend to work for A after my travel.

1. Will it be a problem at the port of entry with my visa transferred to B,but me still being the payroll of A and intend to continue with A after my travel? (my H1B visa with A is valid till december,2009)

2. What supporting documents do I have to carry with me other than a recent employment confirmation letter,paystubs from employer A?

Currently, I am into the 2nd year of the first 3 years of H1B.I checked with my attorney and she said its ok to come back with the employer A visa.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited by rr_immaculate; 12-17-2008 at 12:02 PM. Reason: more details added
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote