Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
KanishkaSharma is on a distinguished road
Default Please help : Regarding Visa appointment, Wrong Category : Visa Renewal or New Visa

I got my H1B Petition approved and have been working on OPT status since August. I made a Visa appoitment for tommorow and while taking the appointment I chose the Visa Renewal category instead of a new H1B visa.
My interview is tommorow and I am not able to change or cancel the date as in Delhi it needs to be done 2 working days before.

I want to know if anyone has gone though a similar experience and what should I do?

Looking forward to your replies!

Thanks!

Kanishk
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/31/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute

Best thing would be to get there and explain your situation to the visa officers or front desk staff. Explain them you made a honest mistake and see if your appt can still be accomodated. Try to convince them somehow, tell about your travel plans, say job is in line if you don't get back in time etc and hope they honor your request. Anyway, Good Luck.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/03/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of

I had the same problems 3 weeks back for B'bay. We had to submit all papers atleast 5 days in advance to VFS office in Ahmedabad. They refused to accept my papers. I had to cancel that application and submit a new one with Regular H1B instead of Visa Renewal. Luckily, VFS accepted my application papers which i sent to my relatives in email. I signed the papers once i reached consulate.