Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
avi_ny will become famous soon enough avi_ny will become famous soon enough
Smile In theory yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NELLAIKUMAR View Post
This is not true. If earn 40 points by working in US for at least 10 years, you will become eligible for receiving social security benefit when reach retirement age ( I think 65 or 67)
In theory yes, practically no. I search on IRS website got nothing. The 40 points is for US residents, if you are living abroad whether you can get it is a gray area I find nothing on IRS website, let me know if you get something.
There are treaties that US govt have with 30+ country where US govt will transfer Social security money to respective govt.
Also lets say you get disabled can you claim for disability benefits while on h1b, I doubt if you event want to try...

Old 03-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/25/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
NELLAIKUMAR has a reputation beyond repute NELLAIKUMAR has a reputation beyond repute NELLAIKUMAR has a reputation beyond repute NELLAIKUMAR has a reputation beyond repute NELLAIKUMAR has a reputation beyond repute NELLAIKUMAR has a reputation beyond repute NELLAIKUMAR has a reputation beyond repute NELLAIKUMAR has a reputation beyond repute NELLAIKUMAR has a reputation beyond repute NELLAIKUMAR has a reputation beyond repute NELLAIKUMAR has a reputation beyond repute
Smile I think we will get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi_ny View Post
In theory yes, practically no. I search on IRS website got nothing. The 40 points is for US residents, if you are living abroad whether you can get it is a gray area I find nothing on IRS website, let me know if you get something.
There are treaties that US govt have with 30+ country where US govt will transfer Social security money to respective govt.
Also lets say you get disabled can you claim for disability benefits while on h1b, I doubt if you event want to try...
I think there are some countries for which the payments will be sent even if you are outside US and India is in this list. Therefore I am hoping that I will be getting my pension in USD

http://www.ssa.gov/international/countrylist4.htm

Last edited by NELLAIKUMAR; 03-03-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
avi_ny will become famous soon enough avi_ny will become famous soon enough
Default Wow

Wow, good to see this, Its a good news for us, who are contemplating to go back at some point.

But the original discussion is still valid as immigrants who worked less than 10 years, (as it used to be only 6 years, either you get your GC or go back) can still not get benefit if they leave US. For countries like Australia their SS-benefits are transferred to their native countries.

Quote:
I think there are some countries for which the payments will be sent even if you are outside US and India is in this list. Therefore I am hoping that I will be getting my pension in USD

http://www.ssa.gov/international/countrylist4.htm

Old 03-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
christy2003 is on a distinguished road
Default Needed Help in finding genuiness of H1B companies

Hi,
I'm offered a job from one 'Hevar systems' (http://www.hevar.com/index.html). Thev'e asked for $1000 from my side. I understand that the sponsors should be paying the entire money, but almost every one of them asks the same question -- What if i back out after they pay for me and process the visa? Also this time around, literally no one is ready to process the visa for free. I need to verify if this company is genuine. This company is located in Irvine, texas. Is there any site (like US govt run site) through which we can find if the sponsors are genuine ? For instance I've been recently checking http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CaseH1B.aspx (I assume this is a govt run site), for the number of H1B they've filed last year. At least through that we know such company exists. Can you suggest any similar sites like that ?
Regards

Old 03-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/20/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/07/2007
Compare
TomTancredo is just really nice TomTancredo is just really nice TomTancredo is just really nice TomTancredo is just really nice
Default Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by christy2003 View Post
Hi,
I'm offered a job from one 'Hevar systems' (http://www.hevar.com/index.html). Thev'e asked for $1000 from my side. I understand that the sponsors should be paying the entire money, but almost every one of them asks the same question -- What if i back out after they pay for me and process the visa? Also this time around, literally no one is ready to process the visa for free. I need to verify if this company is genuine. This company is located in Irvine, texas. Is there any site (like US govt run site) through which we can find if the sponsors are genuine ? For instance I've been recently checking http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CaseH1B.aspx (I assume this is a govt run site), for the number of H1B they've filed last year. At least through that we know such company exists. Can you suggest any similar sites like that ?
Regards
I am not sure if Irvine is in TX.. I know an Irvine in CA... You can complain to DOL about any H1B violations (Department of Labor)....I know that you are a troll..

Old 03-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is not true. If you earn 40 points by working in US for at least 10 years, you will become eligible for receiving social security benefits when you reach retirement age ( I think 65 or 67)
Yes, 40 points is all it takes, irrespective where you retire and what your visa status is.
Technically, one can get 40 points in 8 years and 2 months.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

I cannot think of anything better but to call this number (972) 559-5000. These guys are in Dallas. If I were you, I would call this number and verify from the folks there if this is legal to ask for $1000 for filing H1. Make sure you tell them the names of the companies asking for money to file H1, because most likely they will have a database to verify if that company is genuine or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christy2003 View Post
Hi,
Regards
"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814