Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 01:10 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gckp has a spectacular aura about gckp has a spectacular aura about gckp has a spectacular aura about
Default If its for real, then why don't they stop H1b stamping...

If its for real, then why don't they stop H1b stamping and stop there, rather stop at POE.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2009, 01:45 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

I have my doubts on the truth in this. I have not seen a single case in media or any member contacting us about this. This maybe a rumor.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 03-10-2009, 01:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Devils_Advocate is just really nice Devils_Advocate is just really nice Devils_Advocate is just really nice Devils_Advocate is just really nice

There cant be any fire without a spark, i think this needs to be investigated further for everyones benefit, if everyone whose written about someone they know that has been turned back, its their duty to bring those victims forward here so we can further investigate and take action.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:09 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts

Might have happened. IO's have so much power that they can deport anyone at POE for whatever reason. Nothing can be done as the persons are not in USA. But it rarely happens and could be mistake of IO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathweb View Post
I wish it was wrong. But it seems to be happening, I heard from a friend who owns a company with 100+ consultants. One consultant form other company that he deals with regularly has been turned away in this manner. That guy was returning from indian trip, who had valid documents including client letters and project. The IO's response was that "We don't have shortage of people like you, we don't need you." His passport was stamped as deported. I really feel sorry for these guys. Sorry guys, it is true.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:51 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/23/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future

Another one of my freind

He just came yesterday EWR. He is on L1. IO asked him where do you work ?
Would you apply for GC
Why you are coming to US, Resession is going on , what you gonna do here , no work is here now, Everything outsourced.
He said..I am here to do Transition and then I'll be back.
IO again said then how much you are planning to stay. He said as soon as my work finish,

Again he came back to GC..if given opportunity would you go fo GC. My freind said No..I am happy with what I have in India.
* Called members of Hispanic Caucus
* Approached local people to join IV

Old 03-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Compare
jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default H1B Deported from the POE

Yes. I have come to know about "a case".
I am trying to get in touch with the this person through a chain that has more than two links. And till that time I am removing this post. I agree with members that unless we know the person we should not post and un-necessarily spread rumors. Hope I succeed in getting to the bottom of this.
Note: - I have changed the message. Yes it is true that unless the person himself posts his experience, it is still just hear-say thing. I agree with the opinion of the fellow members.

Last edited by jungalee43; 03-10-2009 at 01:01 PM.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Quite funny :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungalee43 View Post
Yes. I have come to know about a definite case.
This person works for a consulting company in Clearwater (FL?) for last 4 to 5 years. He landed at Chicago airport around 9 p.m. about a month or two months ago.
The IO wanted to talk with his employer. So he gave contact information for his employer. His employer did not return calls made during the night. Failure to get response from the employer triggered the deportation. The immigration officers brought his luggage and deported him. His employer and lawyer are now trying to set the record straight.
I have told my friend who knows some colleague of this person to some how contact this person with a request to post exactly what happened on IV. But it looks like there are more than 2 links in this chain. I hope my friend succeeds in reaching the person.
In the first line you say that you know about a definite case and then you say that you know through your friend who knows a colleague of the person deported

So its like

You - > Your Friend - > Colleague of deported person - > Deported person or maybe another friend who knew the deported person ->

EB3 - India - PD - Sep 2004
I140/485 AP - 08/02/2007
FP - 11/2007
AP/EAD - 11/2007
AP/EAD - 2008
AP - 2009
EAD - 2010

Old 03-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute

Individuals with valid visas are turned back every now and then for a variety of reasons. This is nothing new, and it is very rare. There is no reason to panic. A close friend of mine was turned back in 2000 when he arrived on a B2 business visa because he responded unsatisfactorily to the query "What is the purpose of your visit?". I believe he said something that alluded to the fact that he was here to execute a programming assignment, when in fact he was visiting to discuss specifications with the client to be taken back for an offshore project. This was in good economic times, when the Dot Com bubble was still around.

Incidentally, the same person is now a Green Card holder.
New EB2 I-140 Approved: 12/5/2011 (TSC)
Interfiled 12/15/2012
Greened on Feb 10, 2012!
Total Contribution: $200

Old 03-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Compare
jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default No Contradiction.

I have changed the message and will try to get the actual person to write the message. thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpandey View Post
In the first line you say that you know about a definite case and then you say that you know through your friend who knows a colleague of the person deported

So its like

You - > Your Friend - > Colleague of deported person - > Deported person or maybe another friend who knew the deported person ->

Last edited by jungalee43; 03-10-2009 at 01:03 PM.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
austinsamb will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up You should get I-94 for Expiry Date + 10 days

I travelled outside the country for business about 24 + times in the 18 months on my H1B and some times I got I-94 for the day of H1B expiry and sometimes Expiry + 10 days. Once I got so confused and I politely asked the CBP officer why is it so and I was told that every person on H1B has the right to have their I-94 for extra 10 days from expiry since its the time alloted for them to pack up and leave the contry incase they are not planing to extend their H1B after expiry.

They also said if any officer forget to do it, then make sure you ask them to throw in those extra days. So you have a right to have your I-94 to expire 10 days after H1B approval expiry.

Last edited by austinsamb; 03-10-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2008
Compare
Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungalee43 View Post
Yes. I have come to know about a definite case.
This person works for a consulting company in Clearwater (FL?) for last 4 to 5 years. He landed at Chicago airport around 9 p.m. about a month or two months ago.
The IO wanted to talk with his employer. So he gave contact information for his employer. His employer did not return calls made during the night. Failure to get response from the employer triggered the deportation. The immigration officers brought his luggage and deported him. His employer and lawyer are now trying to set the record straight.
I have told my friend who knows some colleague of this person to some how contact this person with a request to post exactly what happened on IV. But it looks like there are more than 2 links in this chain. I hope my friend succeeds in reaching the person.
Friends, only post a case where you actually know the person first hand. Information like the one posted by jungalee43 is nothing but more rumors.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
I have my doubts on the truth in this. I have not seen a single case in media or any member contacting us about this. This maybe a rumor.
Me too!

I have couple of friends who had to go through extensive questioning and scrutiny while returning back from India or Canada (went for restamping) but no case where they sent back if visa was stamped.

RD: 6/7/07, ND: 6/19/07, FP: 7/21/07
485 LUDs: 7/23, 7/24 & 7/28
EAD Approved: 9/12
AP Approved : 9/24

Old 03-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/14/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sraj is a splendid one to behold sraj is a splendid one to behold sraj is a splendid one to behold sraj is a splendid one to behold sraj is a splendid one to behold sraj is a splendid one to behold sraj is a splendid one to behold
Default My friend came in on last saturday via Newark - No issues

My friend came in on last Saturday and he did not have any issues at the POE (Newark).

He didn't see anybody being questioned or bad mouthed by the IOs'. According to him, his experience at the POE was no different from his previous entries.

Last edited by sraj; 03-10-2009 at 12:52 PM.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsNotFunny View Post
Me too!

I have couple of friends who had to go through extensive questioning and scrutiny while returning back from India or Canada (went for restamping) but no case where they sent back if visa was stamped.
My colleague at work just returned back from India 2 days back and he is a consultant on h1b. He says, it was smooth, no issues.

Stuff may be happening and we do not know unless someone explicitly claims that it happened to him/her.

Grilling in consulates is a regular affair - it happens always. As visa abuse (benching, low wage ) is documented issue now - such thing is being scrutinized.

On another note - folks working with consulting companies - if you are taking minimum wage and also taking money from company in form of per Diem - that is being scrutinized too, better watch out.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Compare
Default Corrected the message.

I have chaned the message. Will try to get the actual person to post. Let us not have any doubts. I agree with members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humhongekamyab View Post
Friends, only post a case where you actually know the person first hand. Information like the one posted by jungalee43 is nothing but more rumors.

Last edited by jungalee43; 03-10-2009 at 01:04 PM.