Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bobyal is a splendid one to behold bobyal is a splendid one to behold bobyal is a splendid one to behold bobyal is a splendid one to behold bobyal is a splendid one to behold bobyal is a splendid one to behold bobyal is a splendid one to behold
Default Extensive documentation needed by Hyderabad consulate for H1-B

It appears Hyderabad consulate is looking for client letters and many more documents for H1B visa. Please refer the official link below:

http://hyderabad.usconsulate.gov/handl.html

I remember Murthy clarified to Chennai consulate earlier that getting client letters is not possible for H1B consultants, as most of the clients are not ready to take the burden of immigration procedures. However Hyderabad consulate starts with more requirements from its begining of service.

Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2008
Compare
Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobyal View Post
It appears Hyderabad consulate is looking for client letters and many more documents for H1B visa. Please refer the official link below:

I remember Murthy clarified to Chennai consulate earlier that getting client letters is not possible for H1B consultants, as most of the clients are not ready to take the burden of immigration procedures. However Hyderabad consulate starts with more requirements from its begining of service.

Thanks
I don't think Murthy's clarifying to the consulate will have any bearing on their requirements. In light of all the bad news about layoffs and H-1B fraud I don't blame the consulate for making sure that the job is bona fide.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts

Goodness gracious! That's a long list... and some of them are hard to provide even for someone who has never been on the bad side of the law...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobyal View Post

Thanks

Old 03-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
McLuvin has much to be proud of McLuvin has much to be proud of McLuvin has much to be proud of McLuvin has much to be proud of McLuvin has much to be proud of McLuvin has much to be proud of McLuvin has much to be proud of McLuvin has much to be proud of McLuvin has much to be proud of McLuvin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humhongekamyab View Post
I don't think Murthy's clarifying to the consulate will have any bearing on their requirements. In light of all the bad news about layoffs and H-1B fraud I don't blame the consulate for making sure that the job is bona fide.
But if they are asking this even for H1 B extension???

You think the client is going to give the letter.... Going to india for visa extn. looks grimmy....

Old 03-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can any one obtain these things at all?

Can any one obtain these things at all?

# A notarized list of all the petitioner’s employees of the job site listed. The list should show all employees’ names, their specific job titles, start and end dates, and their individual salaries and immigration status.
# State Unemployment Wage Reports, showing all wages paid to each employee in the state, for the past three quarters. (This should be the actual forms filed to the State authorities listing each employee and wages paid during the quarter.)

Old 03-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light
Default h1b as we've known is dead!

guys/gals,

if this is really something they are going to enforce, the H1-B visa and its small but really life changing economy (for the beneficiaries) is going to change... forever. no more bench on h1. no more working through layers. no more resume fudging...

i feel like laughing in a very weird way. sounds like good riddance to me, but what do you think?
I-140 AD: Jan 2008
I-485 RD: July 20 2007
I-485 ND: Sept 29 2007
EAD: on second EAD
have used AC21

Old 03-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/24/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light

They are just making it next to impossible to get your visa stamped.
Monthly $5 Contribution

"Success is not an event; it’s a process"

Old 03-05-2009, 02:08 PM
ganguteli

I guess this year there will not be any lottery and they will continue to accept applications for many months.

I am happy to see the rules being enforced but sad that people who will suffer will be immigrants. They will be scared to go to India even for extensions.

It would have been better if they conducted more raids on desi consulting companies and big outsourcing companies and book employers for fraud.

It is also high time they examine the unlimited L1 visas given every year.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute
Default What about visa stamping

for people who work for an employer and not any consulting companies?

Do they also go through the client letter stuff?

Old 03-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/03/2012
Compare
hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik.sankarasubbu View Post
But if they are asking this even for H1 B extension???

You think the client is going to give the letter.... Going to india for visa extn. looks grimmy....
Looks like they are asking for all these documents for extension too.

If you were previously employed in the United States, copies of all pay slips and monthly bank statements for the time you were employed.

ALL PAY SLIPS??? wow!

Old 03-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/24/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsingh82 View Post
Looks like they are asking for all these documents for extension too.

If you were previously employed in the United States, copies of all pay slips and monthly bank statements for the time you were employed.

ALL PAY SLIPS??? wow!

With all these documents, whole packet would weigh at least a ton.
Monthly $5 Contribution

"Success is not an event; it’s a process"

Old 03-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/03/2012
Compare
hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingForMyGC View Post
With all these documents, whole packet would weigh at least a ton.
Not going to India to attend any weddings anymore .. I hope USCIS don't start knocking at our doors in US and asking all these documents

Old 03-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
linuxra is on a distinguished road
Default uscis eliminated backlog of fbi name check

see above

Old 03-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light
Default isnt that the point

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilsal View Post
for people who work for an employer and not any consulting companies?

Do they also go through the client letter stuff?
isnt that the point? to prove that you work for an employer directly? so you carry these papers to prove exactly that...
I-140 AD: Jan 2008
I-485 RD: July 20 2007
I-485 ND: Sept 29 2007
EAD: on second EAD
have used AC21

Old 03-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

The company I used to work for earlier was a consulting company and whenever I go to India for stamping (Chennai) the company used to send me all these docs - everything in a bundle and I used to take them to consulate.

I went for stamping 2 times through that company, first time they asked me to show ONLY my tax returns and paystubs and asked me what I do and also recent paystubs and I got the visa.

Second time I went for an extension - they never bothered to see any document, they straight away issued the visa though I carried all documents listed.

Consuulting companies have to be ready to give you all documents needed and I do not see an issue.

If you are in a project - get letter from client manager - how difficult is it?