Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of
Default Alberta AINP changes coming?

I got this in an email from Maple International

"Please be rest assured that this news is not April Fool's joke.

Today the Alberta immigration department announced that on April 15, 2009
the on-demand occupation list of Alberta will be changed. Any applications
postmarked before April 15, 2009 will be assessed based on the current list.
All applications postmarked on or after April 15, 2009 will be assessed
based on the revised list that will be posted on April 15, 2009.

The possible change

It is very possible that IT related occupations will be removed from the
on-demand list on April 15, 2009. The original intent of this Alberta
program was to recruit H-1B professionals from USA. The economy of Alberta
was booming in recent 5 years because of the discovery of huge oil reserve
in the northern part of the province. Alberta needs engineers such as
Chemical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Civil Engineers, etc to work for
its oil industry and its oil based economy.

However, it ended up that the overwhelming majority of applicants of this
Alberta program are IT consultants, programmers and software engineers in
USA. Alberta does need some IT professionals but it for sure does not need a
lot of them."

Is this true? I dont find any info related to this on Maple International website or Alberta Immigration website.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of
Default info looks right

Yes, the info is right

Found this text at http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...isaholder.html

Important note: A new and updated version of the AINP Occupations Under Pressure List for the Strategic Recruitment Stream U.S. Visa Holder Category will be posted to this site on April 15, 2009. Any applications postmarked before April 15, 2009 will be assessed based on the list currently posted. All applications postmarked on or after April 15, 2009 will be assessed based on the revised list that will be posted on April 15, 2009.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
siva007 is on a distinguished road
Default Application received on 20th March

Hi,

I send my AINP Application package on 18th March (H1-B worker stream) and was received by the AINP on 20th March. However I have not received any confirmation or a file number yet since it takes 2 months. Any idea if my application will be considered according to the current policies or according to the new changes that are coming up on April 15th?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Colombia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough

Any applications postmarked before April 15, 2009 will be assessed based on the list currently posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siva007 View Post
Hi,

I send my AINP Application package on 18th March (H1-B worker stream) and was received by the AINP on 20th March. However I have not received any confirmation or a file number yet since it takes 2 months. Any idea if my application will be considered according to the current policies or according to the new changes that are coming up on April 15th?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
siva007 is on a distinguished road
Default postmarked before April 15th applications

Thank you ingegarcia, Just to clarify "postmarked before April 15th" means, even if the application is not yet accepted, but received by the AINP before April 15th. Could you please confirm if my understanding is correct.

Thanks

Old 04-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Colombia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough

Yes that's my understanding too... if the application reaches the AINP office before April 15 then it will be considered under the current occupation list.....

Quote:
Thank you ingegarcia, Just to clarify "postmarked before April 15th" means, even if the application is not yet accepted, but received by the AINP before April 15th. Could you please confirm if my understanding is correct.

Thanks

Old 04-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Colombia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

As per AINP website you'll receive notification in 2 months.

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...aigns/h1b.html

Quote:
Hi,

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

It seems they removed April 15 update from the website. Also I do not see any changes in the Occupations under Pressure List.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
suryamanikanth can only hope to improve
Default surya

hello frnds,
could anyone please let me know what are the documents to be submitted for the CIC Once after i get the provisional nomination from AINP.Please help me out.Should i get the PCC from India or Federal background check is enough here in U.S.Please let me know.

sunny

Last edited by suryamanikanth; 04-19-2009 at 02:24 AM.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryamanikanth View Post
Hello Frnds,
I would like to share some important information regarding AINP.

AINP Strategic recruiteement stream -U.S Visa holder is open.I directly spoke to the immigration officer.The only change is they are revising the NOC List thats it.I donno why people place messages with Half Knowledge.see u r Noc is in the below URL

WWW.ALBERTACANADA.COM\AINP
OP already mentioned the change was expected in the NOC list [On-Demand occupation list of Alberta]. Nobody told it would be closed after April 15. Did you see all the postings here before blaming others?

Last edited by Suva; 04-17-2009 at 03:45 PM.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
suryamanikanth can only hope to improve
Default surya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suva View Post
OP already mentioned the change was expected in the NOC list [On-Demand occupation list of Alberta]. Nobody told it would be closed after April 15. Did you see all the postings here before blaming others?
hey dude there's nothing in the url u posted once go to the website and click the the pressure list url.that is the actual Noc codes that are active.Today morning when i spoke to the immigraton officer in alberta he was the one who told me ok.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare

Quote:
hey dude there's nothing in the url u posted once go to the website and click the the pressure list url.that is the actual Noc codes that are active.Today morning when i spoke to the immigraton officer in alberta he was the one who told me ok.
It was mentioned last month in the AINP website that some changes would be there in the NOC list after April 15. Everybody whoever followed this thread saw the message earlier. On April 15 they removed the message from AINP website and apparantly there was no change in NOC list till now. OP gave us correct information when he/she created this thread. See my post in April 15 in this thread and I mentioned that nothing was changed in NOC list. Again going back to my original question did you follow this thread from start? I objected to this comment "I donno why people place messages with Half Knowledge". Apparantly you had the half knowlodge about this whole issue.

Last edited by Suva; 04-17-2009 at 04:47 PM.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vishals_me is on a distinguished road
Default Suva u r right abt NOC list

Hi,
Even i reviewed the list of NOC on their site but I don't see any chages. But i could see one thing on that pdf list is the date still says February 5, 2009. So it;s not updated as per April 15,2009 if they revised the list.
So need to find out wether they revised the list of NOC or not..
any one knows???

Thanks in advanc,

Vishal.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2007
Compare
gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suva View Post
It was mentioned last month in the AINP website that some changes would be there in the NOC list after April 15. Everybody whoever followed this thread saw the message earlier. On April 15 they removed the message from AINP website and apparantly there was no change in NOC list till now. OP gave us correct information when he/she created this thread. See my post in April 15 in this thread and I mentioned that nothing was changed in NOC list. Again going back to my original question did you follow this thread from start? I objected to this comment "I donno why people place messages with Half Knowledge". Apparantly you had the half knowlodge about this whole issue.
Quote:
I think both of you are correct.

Initially AINP website had a message that starting April15th there will be change in NOC codes..but they removed it last week..so I guess, they are not going to change NOC list for now.

there is a big forum on Canada immigration..if you guys want to follow..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-imm...oard/index.php

No..I am not affiliated with site and I get no benefits by posting the link here..use the site at your discretion

485 Approved 08/18/2010

Old 01-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ppp is on a distinguished road
Default AINP Processing Time

Hi all,
I recieved AINP File number on Nov -05-2009. Since then i havent recieved anything else.Can anyone send me the link to check the processing time for AINP, a part from the this link (Alberta, Canada - Immigration : Processing times).

Thanks in Advance.
PPP