Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts
Default I-140, transfer of Case

My situation is as below:

a)My 6 years H1b will be over by May 07 and my I-140 case is in-process and we have used Premium Processing, once that gets approved, I would like to transfer my case from current attorney. What are the other steps involved once I-140 is approved.Is it safe to transfer the case to another attorney as this attorney is too lazy to respond to any questions.

b)I have couple of offers and I would like to take the benefit of 3-years H1b extension(after I-140 is approved), what precaution I should be take and what risk am I going to encounter.Shall I request these couple companies to sponsor my GC & H1b?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks in-advance,
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2006, 07:17 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts
Question any thoughts??

Hello,

Any suggestions regarding my situation??

Thanks,

Old 12-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
perm2gc will become famous soon enough perm2gc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munna Bhai
Hello,

Any suggestions regarding my situation??

Thanks,
Please search the forum.We have discussed similar issue and members have addressed it.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munna Bhai
My situation is as below:

a)My 6 years H1b will be over by May 07 and my I-140 case is in-process and we have used Premium Processing, once that gets approved, I would like to transfer my case from current attorney. What are the other steps involved once I-140 is approved.Is it safe to transfer the case to another attorney as this attorney is too lazy to respond to any questions.
Once I-140 is approved you then wait for your PD to become current in order to file I-485. However as you intend changing employers you will need to restart your GC process.
I believe you can transfer your case to another attorney if your current one is not providing excellent service to you. Make sure you have copies of all forms he submitted to USCIS as well as all receipt and approval notices from USCIS.

Quote:
b)I have couple of offers and I would like to take the benefit of 3-years H1b extension(after I-140 is approved), what precaution I should be take and what risk am I going to encounter.Shall I request these couple companies to sponsor my GC & H1b?
Make sure your current employers file for and obtain the 3 year extension before you leave them. If possible, make sure they will not revoke your 140 in order to keep your PD. And of course, your new eployers will have to restart your GC process as well as file for your H1.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Widget is on a distinguished road

Quick question, I he joine another employer and work for a number of years until his priority date becomes current then he goes back top his previous employer would he be able to file his I-485?

What would be the cae if he work part time for the original employer and full time for the new employer? would he be able to file I-485 and to heep his PD?

THE ABOVE BASED ON THE FACT THAT THE ORIGINAL EMPLOYER WILL NOT REVOKE I-140 AND WILL CONTINUE EMPLOYING THE EMPLOYEE ON A PART TIME BASIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromnaija
Once I-140 is approved you then wait for your PD to become current in order to file I-485. However as you intend changing employers you will need to restart your GC process.
I believe you can transfer your case to another attorney if your current one is not providing excellent service to you. Make sure you have copies of all forms he submitted to USCIS as well as all receipt and approval notices from USCIS.

Make sure your current employers file for and obtain the 3 year extension before you leave them. If possible, make sure they will not revoke your 140 in order to keep your PD. And of course, your new eployers will have to restart your GC process as well as file for your H1.

Old 12-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widget
Quick question, I he joine another employer and work for a number of years until his priority date becomes current then he goes back top his previous employer would he be able to file his I-485?

What would be the cae if he work part time for the original employer and full time for the new employer? would he be able to file I-485 and to heep his PD?

THE ABOVE BASED ON THE FACT THAT THE ORIGINAL EMPLOYER WILL NOT REVOKE I-140 AND WILL CONTINUE EMPLOYING THE EMPLOYEE ON A PART TIME BASIS.
Since job is for future employment, yes he can technically leave the employers or work part time for them (will need to resubmit H1B LCA and get new H1B for new full time employers) and then submit 485 when PD is current as long as the underlining 140 is not revoked.