Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2016, 05:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aj0858 is on a distinguished road
Post Merida, Mexico US Consulate not accepting TCN applications (H1b renewals for e.g.)

*Just a datapoint to help others. I did not find this information anywhere online, so thought I would post here to help others.*

According to Dept of State's website - https://travel.state.gov/content/vis...da-mexico.html, all US consulates in Mexico (including Merida) accept TCN applications.

But this is not true, and Merida does not currently accept TCN applications. Here is the full E-mail from NonImmigration Visa Section for US embassy in Mexico:

Quote:
Good day,

Thank you for your letter and your interest in applying for a visa to visit the United States. Third Country Nationals* residing in Mexico with immigration status (FM2 or FM3) may apply for their first visa or to renew a visa in any visa category.

Each applicant must complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application, and print out the DS-160 confirmation (barcode number). Also, should schedule an appointment and pay the MRV fee. Every applicant who wants a tourist visa has to be completely honest during the interview with the consular officer and on the answers on the DS-160 application. Also, each applicant has to demonstrate strong ties to his/her own country, or in this case to the country where they are residing.

In the case of Third Country Nationals (TCNs) who are not residents of Mexico and are applying for B1/B2 Visas (business/pleasure) or H2 Visas (temporary workers), even if they are renewing their visa, applicants who entered the U.S with one visa category and are seeking to return to the U.S. with a different visa category, applicants that have not fulfilled the requirements of their immigration status in the United States, having violated the terms of their visas or who have overstayed the time period authorized on their I-94 form; and Applicants who entered the U.S. under the Visa Waiver Program are not allowed to process their visa application in any Consulate and/or Embassy in Mission Mexico.

TCNs who are renewing under the same visa classification are welcome to apply within US Mission Mexico, please take in consideration that not all the US Consulate receive TCNs visa applications. US Consulate General in Merida does not receive TCNs at this moment.

For more information on the application process or to schedule an appointment, please visit https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/niv And, to complete the application you can visit https://ceac.state.gov/genniv

*What is a Third Country National (TCN)?
A Third Country National is a citizen of a country other than Mexico who applies for a nonimmigrant visa with their Non-Mexican passport.
Notice: Certain visa applicants may be subject to additional administrative processing. This administrative processing may last weeks, thus delaying visa delivery and the applicant's return to the United States. Every effort will be made to expedite these procedures; however, it is not possible to guarantee completion of this process by a particular date.

Regards,
Nonimmigrant visa section
So, if you are looking to renew your H1b visa stamp while enjoying a vacation in Cancun, you can't.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2016, 02:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aj0858 is on a distinguished road

Hi Maizy,

As far as I know, Merida consulate is still not accepting appointments for TCN applicants. I have not renewed my visa yet.

Old 10-11-2016, 11:05 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Maizy is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Where did you renew your visa?

Hi I just saw your post. I have already made the plan to renew my visa in Merida, and submitted my DS-160 and listed Merida as my interview Consulate. But now at the appointment schedule page, I could not find one single available spot at Merida embassy. I called, emailed the embassy and also the appointment center. No one can tell me the reason....Just wondering, did you at a Merida appointment eventually? Thank you very much.

Maizy

Old 11-16-2016, 06:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AntonyRaj is on a distinguished road
Default Hi Maizy

Did you get the appointment in merida, and completed interview. Can you please share some point for me.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks