H1-B extension - I-140 approved, I-94 expiring
I need some advise here!
1. I-140 approved with PD Sep 2016
2. H1-B status - (6 years completing) - I-94 expiring on Nov 5, 2017
3. H1-B 7th yr extension filed on Aug 2, 2017
4. Received "Notice Explaining USCIS' Actions Was Mailed" on Oct 12, 2017
5. Extension was filed with an SOW of end date Dec 31, 2017.
I am waiting for my employer to receive the detailed letter from USCIS.
Please answer the following questions.
1. What does "Notice Explaining USCIS' Actions Was Mailed" means - Is it like a RFE? If yes, how much time does one generally get to respond?
2. Can the reason for this status be the end date of SOW.
3. Will this lead to denial of my extension?
4. What happens if no decision is taken till Nov 5 2017 - what will be my options then?
I would appreciate any expert advice.
Thank you in advance.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|F-1 OPT expiring, I-140 approved. EAD through OPT extension or I-485?||fc_pga||Immigrant Visa||0||07-23-2016 06:59 PM|
|Urgent: H1 Expiring & New LCA not yet approved||GCLONGWAIT||Non-Immigrant Visa||6||10-29-2011 07:03 PM|
|H1B Expiring soon and no approved LCA||Rav!||Non-Immigrant Visa||4||10-02-2009 07:23 PM|
|L1-B to L1-A COS/L1 Extension pending, I-94 expiring||gc_73||Non-Immigrant Visa||1||09-19-2009 05:42 AM|
|H1 extension, Passport expiring||munnu77||Non-Immigrant Visa||2||08-31-2009 09:58 PM|