Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 485Mbe4001
Well its a two way street. Due to the limited number of visas available and the unpredictability of demand, companies have to plan in advance. Now a days most major companies (indian or otherwise) get blanket H1 approvals for teams, so that they can send resources to US when the need arises. Companies have to plan resource requirements and H1 requirements 3 years in advance, they may have 50 people with H1 and only 20 are sent to US.
Each worker cannot be sent on L1. There should be separate category/quota for consulting visas.
I dont think there is blanket H1B there is only blanket L1
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if Wipro and Infosys does pay prevailing wage or not. Last year, I happened to meet a guy who works for Cognizant. He was on H1B. You expect him to get paid the regular salary etc right?? They sent him to US on H1b on B1 terms. You know what it means right? His salary back home and 30/50$ per day per diem here. No Hotel/ No car here. H1B has been out there for so long that it can be exploited how ever you want it. If the govt doesn't evolve to the situation at hand, its going to get worse and one day it will effect every one involved.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Chicago Desi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixstor
I don't know if Wipro and Infosys does pay prevailing wage or not. Last year, I happened to meet a guy who works for Cognizant. He was on H1B. You expect him to get paid the regular salary etc right?? They sent him to US on H1b on B1 terms. You know what it means right? His salary back home and 30/50$ per day per diem here. No Hotel/ No car here. H1B has been out there for so long that it can be exploited how ever you want it. If the govt doesn't evolve to the situation at hand, its going to get worse and one day it will effect every one involved.
Though I am not an indian but several times I have received calls from different indian recuiters looking for candidates for Wipro and Infosys and based on my personal research, the offered benefits were well below market so I never pursued any of those.

Old 02-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
arsh007 is a splendid one to behold arsh007 is a splendid one to behold arsh007 is a splendid one to behold arsh007 is a splendid one to behold arsh007 is a splendid one to behold arsh007 is a splendid one to behold arsh007 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandsubu74
$20 an hour i think is for working offshore and not on-site. $20/hr amounts to 40K per annum and that is very low. As far as i know india's no.1 IT company quotes $22/hr for employees off-site and the on-site rate may vary depending on experience. IT is one of the highest paid jobs in US as well and the consulting firms understand that very well.

Well I have worked for TCS prior to joining another company 2 years back here in US. When I say its $20 per hour that's concrete information you can rely on mate......You are living in a dream world if you think most Indian engineers working for Outsourcing companies make anywhere above $55k per annum...

Old 02-08-2007, 05:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Compare
BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light
Default Ron Hira is an Indian

Ron and his brother Anil Hira have been actively promoting their book Outsourcing America: What’s Behind Our National Crisis and How We Can Reclaim American Jobs, since it was published in April 2005. They're seasoned H1 haters and understand their biased opinions when reading their numbers.
Skilled Immigration Blog
http://skilledimmigrants.blogspot.com

Old 02-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2003
Compare
chnaveen has much to be proud of chnaveen has much to be proud of chnaveen has much to be proud of chnaveen has much to be proud of chnaveen has much to be proud of chnaveen has much to be proud of chnaveen has much to be proud of chnaveen has much to be proud of
Default How true are the numbers in the rediff article?

I am just surprised, how true the numbers given in the article are true.
Reason is: When you add the first two (22,600 and 19,400) and the 7th and 8th (8,000 and 7,000) is summing upto 57000,where as the limit is 65000.
We didn't even included the numbers from the positions of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 9th and 10th.
485 RD - 03/20/2003
RFE - 11/2004
FP1 - 09/2003
FP2 - 02/01/2006
FP3 - 05/01/2007
485 AD - 06/19/2007.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry if posting this link upsets anyone. But it looks like Wipro is a big player in this if this website is true.

http://beta.h1b.info/lca_search.php

Please search the data base with 'wipro limited' leaving the city and state blank. H1b numbers are really very high.

***Administrator please delete this message if you think providing this link here is inappropriate ****

amul

Last edited by amulchandra; 02-08-2007 at 08:03 PM.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2004
Compare
485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

I like the tool too...

typed satyam in the search box for year 2005 - 3,293 4,748

***Administrator please delete this message if you think this is inappropriate ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulchandra
Sorry if posting this link upsets anyone. But it looks like Wipro is a big player in this if this website is true.

http://beta.h1b.info/lca_search.php

Please search the data base with 'wipro limited' leaving the city and state blank. H1b numbers are really very high.

***Administrator please delete this message if you think providing this link here is inappropriate ****

amul

Last edited by 485Mbe4001; 02-08-2007 at 08:15 PM.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
arsh007 is a splendid one to behold arsh007 is a splendid one to behold arsh007 is a splendid one to behold arsh007 is a splendid one to behold arsh007 is a splendid one to behold arsh007 is a splendid one to behold arsh007 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Desi
Though I am not an indian but several times I have received calls from different indian recuiters looking for candidates for Wipro and Infosys and based on my personal research, the offered benefits were well below market so I never pursued any of those.
The business practices of these big Indian Outsouricing companies especially when related to bringing tech professionals makes me ashamed as an Indian. Granted that these companies have done India proud and sparked growth opportunities in the tech sector. However the way they have been exploiting the immigration laws in US is truly shameful. I believe that no matter who you are - an Indian or US or Chinese citizen, you need to play by the rules. These large outsourcing companies should set an example in corporate governance and ethical business practices not only in India but where they do business. part of this including paying their employees prevailing market salaries.

I am strongly in favor of legislation which puts a cap on the number of H1 visas an US or India company can apply each year. This would create a level playing field for all businesses. Those companies for increasing the H1 visas are doing so to increase the available pool of technical professionals which in turn would lead to lower pay and poor wage increase for all of us in the long run.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/21/2005
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/21/2005
Compare
waitingGC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsh007
The business practices of these big Indian Outsouricing companies especially when related to bringing tech professionals makes me ashamed as an Indian. Granted that these companies have done India proud and sparked growth opportunities in the tech sector. However the way they have been exploiting the immigration laws in US is truly shameful. I believe that no matter who you are - an Indian or US or Chinese citizen, you need to play by the rules. These large outsourcing companies should set an example in corporate governance and ethical business practices not only in India but where they do business. part of this including paying their employees prevailing market salaries.

I am strongly in favor of legislation which puts a cap on the number of H1 visas an US or India company can apply each year. This would create a level playing field for all businesses. Those companies for increasing the H1 visas are doing so to increase the available pool of technical professionals which in turn would lead to lower pay and poor wage increase for all of us in the long run.
I agree with you! These companies directly or indirectly agitated many Americans and made immigration reform even harder. Without their exploiting the H1B program, the request to increase H1B cap or GC quota would be much easier to be achieved. We are basically paying the debt they owe! Shame on these companies!

Old 02-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/28/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/28/2005
Compare
raj3078 is a jewel in the rough raj3078 is a jewel in the rough raj3078 is a jewel in the rough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandsubu74
i think 6 years of limit was set for a reason. I am not sure what kind contribution you can make to this economy in 3 months.
It was never about making contribution to economy but rather finding temp worker, who can also fill and work till suitable trained american worker is found

Old 02-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
CT_Green is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingGC
I agree with you! These companies directly or indirectly agitated many Americans and made immigration reform even harder. Without their exploiting the H1B program, the request to increase H1B cap or GC quota would be much easier to be achieved. We are basically paying the debt they owe! Shame on these companies!
Agree completely. These companies are exploiting people to the maximum. Not sure how important is ethical business practices for them. It should be a level playing field for everyone.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/28/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/28/2005
Compare
raj3078 is a jewel in the rough raj3078 is a jewel in the rough raj3078 is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs down Which world are you in?

Dude, its business as usual. You think Microsoft will be Microsoft today if it would have followed every ethic in the book? You can not tell me with a straight face that you are 100% ethical in everything you do in life? If you are
from India or China, chances are you have paid bribes mutliple times to get things done rather than standing in line and playing by rules. The fact is, while the practices of Indian companies are not ethical, they are still legal. No one likes Wal-mart for its ethical practices but for its business acumen. Just grow up man before you criticize Indian companies like Infosys which have made India Proud.

Just to mention, Mr Murty was in was IITK grad in 1969 and could have come to USA like you and me. But he stuck in the system, fought his way and came to where he is today. He was not dependent on stupid GC and neither should you. But you are....So I am to some extent...(Although I would be going back in couple yrs)...And like it or not, its a shame.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsh007

Old 02-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rimzhim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj3078
He was not dependent on stupid GC and neither should you. But you are....So I am to some extent...(Although I would be going back in couple yrs)...And like it or not, its a shame.....
If you are not so stupid and don't need the GC, what are u doing here?

where is this discussion going BTW? isn't it distracting us from our goals? we cannot reform the H1B system and do not intend to either.

Last edited by rimzhim; 02-09-2007 at 10:59 AM.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/28/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/28/2005
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimzhim
If you are not so stupid and don't need the GC, what are u doing here?

where is this discussion going BTW? isn't is distracting us from our goals? we cannot reform the H1B system and do not intend to either.
Dude,
I said I am stupid too, to wait for this system....Read the post again