Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Valle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert_47 View Post
I hate to say this , but I got the same online status message and my H1B application was not approved.

Good Luck
Thanks Qwert, now I can be prepared for anything that my employer may tell me.

Why was your application not approved? Did they ask for more evidence? Can one apply for an appeal? Well anyways, I sure hope for a positive answer. I'll post the outcome when I find out.

Thanks,

Old 11-21-2007, 06:52 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Valle is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Visa Denied

Hello Everyone,

I got a mail from my employer yesterday, and my visa was denied. I need to have a valid teacher certification, which I can only get by taking some tests. I am starting now to see the requirements for those test and maybe take them. My employer seem to want to apply again if I have the proper certification, so I will keep trying.

Good luck to all that are still waiting for good news!

Old 02-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pcs_murali is on a distinguished road
Default H1B help

Hi:

I am new to this forum. I have question about the H1B cap.

In 2005, my H1B petition was approved from a company A, and also J1 was approved from a company B. I found Company B job is more promising so, i went for J1 stamping in my passport not H1B and then join in company B.

After few months company A canceled my H1B. Now, i want to apply for a H1B. I would like to know whether i am subjected to the CAP of 65000.

While i am doing some research i found the following information:

#6: You were previously COUNTED under the H-1B quota
Related topics:

* H-1B Quota
* H-1B Visa

If you were previously COUNTED under the H-1B quota, you are exempt from the quota for your next employment, or for any concurrent employment.

The applicable law states:

Any alien who has already been counted within the 6 years prior to the approval of a petition described in subsection (c), toward the numerical limitations of paragraph (1)(A) shall not again be counted toward those limitations unless the alien would be eligible for a full 6 years of authorized admission at the time the petition is filed. Where multiple petitions are approved for 1 alien, that alien shall be counted only once.

INA 214(g)(7).

The exemption also applies to H-1B holders, who are outside of the U.S. for one year, who did not exhaust 6 year term, can opt to use remainder of 6 years to avoid cap. See our page H-1B holders, outside of U.S. for one year, who did not exhaust 6 year term, can opt to use remainder of 6 years to avoid cap.

Note, however, that if your prior H-1B was for an exempt--e.g., the petitioning employer was an institution of higher education, an entity related to or affiliated with an institution of higher education, or a nonprofit research organization or governmental research institution, etc.--then you would not be deemed to have been "counted", and you would be subject to the H-1B quota.

Is it applicable to my case?

Thank you in advance for your kind help and support!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default H1B quota help

Hi:

In 2005, my H1B petition was approved from a company A, and also J1 was approved from a company B. I found Company B job is more promising so, i went for J1 stamping in my passport not H1B and then join in company B.

After few months company A canceled my H1B. Now, company B wants to apply for a H1B. I would like to know whether i am subjected to the CAP of 65000.

While i am doing some research i found the following information:

#6: You were previously COUNTED under the H-1B quota
Related topics:

* H-1B Quota
* H-1B Visa

If you were previously COUNTED under the H-1B quota, you are exempt from the quota for your next employment, or for any concurrent employment.

The applicable law states:

Any alien who has already been counted within the 6 years prior to the approval of a petition described in subsection (c), toward the numerical limitations of paragraph (1)(A) shall not again be counted toward those limitations unless the alien would be eligible for a full 6 years of authorized admission at the time the petition is filed. Where multiple petitions are approved for 1 alien, that alien shall be counted only once.

INA 214(g)(7).

The exemption also applies to H-1B holders, who are outside of the U.S. for one year, who did not exhaust 6 year term, can opt to use remainder of 6 years to avoid cap. See our page H-1B holders, outside of U.S. for one year, who did not exhaust 6 year term, can opt to use remainder of 6 years to avoid cap.

Note, however, that if your prior H-1B was for an exempt--e.g., the petitioning employer was an institution of higher education, an entity related to or affiliated with an institution of higher education, or a nonprofit research organization or governmental research institution, etc.--then you would not be deemed to have been "counted", and you would be subject to the H-1B quota.

Is it applicable to my case?

Old 02-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default H1B Cap

Hi

In 2005, I have my H1B petition was approved from a company A, and also J1 approved from a company B. I found Company B job is more promising so, i went for J1 stamping in my passport not H1B and then join in company B. I didn't get any H1B stamped in my passport.

After few months company A canceled my H1B cause i didn't join in their company. Now, The company B (my current company) wants to apply for a H1B. I would like to know whether i am subjected to the CAP of 65000 or not?.

How many years i will get, if my H1B approved from the company B under CAP exemption?

Please help me!

Old 03-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1bfriend is on a distinguished road
Default Help everyone in this H1b chaos

Hi Friends,
Would like to help everyone who is filing H1b this year 2008-09.

You can get latest H1b news, enployer/consultants details.
Please check http://www.GetMeValue.com/h1b2009.aspx

If you know good consultants/companies willing to file H1b then please send their info to getmevalue.services@gmail.com on gmailThis will help everyone and save lot of time to find out a genuine company.

We can share information and avoid any fraud.

Thanks,
Friend

Old 03-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1bfriend is on a distinguished road
Default Please share if you know good consultants for H1b

If you know anyone then please share it with everyone...this will be helpful for everyone...

http://www.GetMeValue.com/h1b2009.aspx

Vijay

Old 07-22-2008, 08:17 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mkparam@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road
Default How much time it takes for RFE to be cleared ?

Guys - I got through the lottery for H1B and my case is in RFE (Request for Evidence ) since 10th June. Everytime i ask for the status, my employer tells me that they have sent in all the docs required and it will take sometime for the USCIS to update the case.

Now i want to know is there a clarity on what docs were required and how much longer the USCIS would take to clear off the RFE ? Also, Does it mean, it directly jumps from RFE to case approved / denied or would there be any other status in between ?

Calling the USCIS call center would get me more info or they would also repeat the same thing what is mentioned in the case status through website ?

Let me know guys who know about this ..

Old 12-12-2013, 12:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Houston1 is on a distinguished road

I think a lot of indians and other Asian comes through these ways, I think actually they get a break in their career thru these ways who cant just get to big companies, and these people who get in are educated like u and me..if big companies have problem in having h1..and them on L or other visas. Thanks for discussion..........

Old 12-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage