Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2007, 03:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
agiridhar is on a distinguished road
Default All H1B cap related posts here

n/a

Last edited by agiridhar; 04-19-2007 at 01:56 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2007, 08:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
dpp will become famous soon enough

Everybody is doing mistakes and exploiting the system, not just bodyshoppers.

In GC, so many people are filing multiple LCs and I-140s with different exployers or same employers and creating long backlogs. I know 90% of people who have cases pending in BECs are also having the cases filed under PERM. Thats why so many other people who were file once are suffering because of backlogs. Law is like that and nobody crossing that. So, everybody who ever gets a chance is exploiting the system and creating troubles for others. There is no need to blame anybody, if at all, blame the system.

For ex, if your wife(on H4) or brother who is working outside US wants to come here and work, then you will defintely approach these bodyshoppers first to file for H1. There is nothing wrong with you by doing this as everybody wants to work here. So, this is happening a lot and causing more demand.

I am not a pro or against anybody. If the sytem bans bodyshoppers, then most of visas will be unused and your family members cannot work easily. So, don't get it anything wrong with them. Everybody, you, me and all, are doing mistakes and creating new problems to solve our existing problem. Thats all part of life.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
msp1976 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiridhar
H1-B Bodyshopper companies(cyotes) grab most of the available Quota of h1's for jobs which do not exist with them :

It is a well known open fact that the h1-b bodyshoppers/IT consulting companies exploit the system(laws) and their employee's for their own ends.

When everyone knows that these body shoppers are filing all the 65k h1's in one day for the jobs that are non existant with them, why no one is questioning it ?

These companies are not only grabbing all the available quota of h1's for locking in the techies(employees) and exploiting them but at the same time depriving the actual real companies (where work is done) from hiring the h1b techies.

Am just amazed at this pesudo demand of h1b created by these cyotes(middle men/broker firms), isnt there any law to prohibit such malpractise/ cheating of the system ?

Also how can Attorney's and Law firms help in filing these made-up h1's are not they under oath to not do such malpractise ?

Referring to the body-shoppers as 'coyote' is wrong..

You are providing choice fodder to the anti-H1B crowd..They are now going to quote you at other places and the whole tap would get turned off..Then what would that get you ??
Many businesses have started from a body shopping operation and become very well functioning large companies. That operation gives the business much needed cash flow and keeps it alive...
The practice of getting H1Bs and deploying them as consultants is perfectly legal and unchallengeable in courts at present...
If I had a green card, I would be doing the same thing today..Let's not get on a high moral horse here...

Last edited by msp1976; 04-03-2007 at 11:23 AM.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by msp1976

You are providing choice fodder to the anti-H1B crowd..They are now going to quote you at other places and the whole tap would get turned off..That what would that get you ??
Many businesses have started from a body shopping operation and become very well functioning large companies. That operation gives the business much needed cash flow and keeps it alive...
The practice of getting H1Bs and deploying them as consultants is perfectly legal and unchallengeable in courts at present...
If I had a green card, I would be doing the same thing today..Let's not get on a high moral horse here...
Yes, thats how business houses are. Lot of people bash these companies because of their practices but in reality many people use them as a platform to enter the job stream here and inbetween layoffs or to introduce their spouse or family member into the job stream.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/21/2005
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/21/2005
Compare
waitingGC is on a distinguished road

I am waiting to see if the H1 quota will be used up today.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of

a lot of indians comes thru these consulatants..actually they get a break in their career thru these consultants who cant just get to big companies..
and these guys who get in are educated like u and me..if big companies have problm in haveing h1..snd them on L or other visas..or let em lobby for more
H1's..these consuls. have done more good than bad ..specilayy indians..
so pls stop whining..

Old 04-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
das0 is on a distinguished road
Default H1B - Will Cap reach today?

Hi,

My employer applied for my H1B over weekend to reach CIS today, April 2.

Questions:

1. Did the attorney need to mention on my H1B Forms/application packet that I fall under US Master quota cap?

I have US PHD.

2. Do you folks anticipate to have the US Master quota 20,000 cap reach today?

I am really concerned that even US Masters cap of 20K number might reach today. Any thoughts?

Old 04-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default H1B - Cap question

Hoping for your help and clarification on H1B cap for US masters and should attorney need to specify which cap quota I should fall under in my H1B forms?

Old 04-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light

it is sad that people on this forum are actually supporting these coyotes. it shows why ppl like numbersusa and fair are against h1b. so many ppl are exploting the system, its not even funny.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute
Default please make a matured statement

With all the respect, can you tell me what difference it makes when it comes to business practices of some big consulting firms like TEKSYSTEMS, KFORCE, ACCENTURE etc; even they don't offer a job unless they HAVE from their clients.
AND
Compare the same thing some of the so called H1B body shops do and then tell me the difference.
I have been working in this country for more than 9 years (on H1B)till date and have seen not much difference between big5 or small companies
Bottom line is how much revenue you can generate to an employer and how valuable skills you have and how much demand is there in the market. That's the reality and final business rule that applies to any company/ consulting firm/ body shop etc;etc;
Please support IV in all the possible ways and spread the word about IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiridhar
H1-B Bodyshopper companies(cyotes) grab most of the available Quota of h1's for jobs which do not exist with them :

It is a well known open fact that the h1-b bodyshoppers/IT consulting companies exploit the system(laws) and their employee's for their own ends.

When everyone knows that these body shoppers are filing all the 65k h1's in one day for the jobs that are non existant with them, why no one is questioning it ?

These companies are not only grabbing all the available quota of h1's for locking in the techies(employees) and exploiting them but at the same time depriving the actual real companies (where work is done) from hiring the h1b techies.

Am just amazed at this pesudo demand of h1b created by these cyotes(middle men/broker firms), isnt there any law to prohibit such malpractise/ cheating of the system ?

Also how can Attorney's and Law firms help in filing these made-up h1's are not they under oath to not do such malpractise ?

Last edited by satyasaich; 04-02-2007 at 12:07 PM.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vagish will become famous soon enough vagish will become famous soon enough
Default coyotes

if that is the case, then companies like infosys and wipro also fall into those categories.
Most of the people who complete masters are working for these desi companies,
it is true that people get break with these companies, not whole lot of big companies are ready to sponser H1B for right out of the college students, so you
have to through these desi companies. I do not see anything wrong with this.

Yes on the other hand some desi companies pay less , but that is a fact of life,
after 2 to three years of industry experience , even desi companies pay a decent pay check.

Just because these companies do consultancy and do have a product of their own does not mean they are not real companies, heck even infosys took couple of years to get a product of their own. even till date most of the business done by the infosys and wipro comes through man power supply.

Also lot big american consulting companies do not pay out of roof salaries, they are very competitive in their rates.

thanks

Last edited by vagish; 04-02-2007 at 12:08 PM.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I believe there is an option to be "checked" if you want to be considered for Masters quota. If you didnt check this, even though you have a Masters you will still be considered under regular quota...

Old 04-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thanks Rosebell.

Is there anyway to amend it? as i didnot check for US_MS quota

Old 04-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabadaba
it is sad that people on this forum are actually supporting these coyotes. it shows why ppl like numbersusa and fair are against h1b. so many ppl are exploting the system, its not even funny.
how come they r exploiting the system..whn they follow all the rules in the book..
if thats the case..we shud stop lobbying for green cards right now, becos we r lobbying for more quotas so tht we can xploit the US system more..

Old 04-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
Brazil
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by msp1976

You are providing choice fodder to the anti-H1B crowd..They are now going to quote you at other places and the whole tap would get turned off..That what would that get you ??
I agree in certain extend. The initial entrance to US for most of the H1B guys are boddy shoppers. This includes big guys like TCS, Wipro, Infosys, Satyam etc.. They were one time just plain bodyshoppers. I also agree that any real US entity can not go to India/China to hire a H1B workers. Bodyshoppers are needed for this initial transportation of skilled workers from India/China. The probelm here is not this concept. The problem is abuse. All bodyshoppers are make use of the restricted freedom of H1B workers and trying to abuse. In most cases, they apply in bulk H1B(with out any project or money), Labor Certification and reserve the seat ahead of US entities. Then, they bargain with real US entites for placing the peoples. Till that time, they keep them in "bench", which is again against the law. This abuse is also equially encourged by H1B or GC deamanding workers too. Most of the H1B guys in bench do not even know they are breaking the law. I doubt that there is no demand by real US entities. I feel that this is artificial demand created by body shoppers.