Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jcrajput is a name known to all jcrajput is a name known to all jcrajput is a name known to all jcrajput is a name known to all jcrajput is a name known to all jcrajput is a name known to all
Default Visa stamping at Mumbai

We are planning to visit India in the month of November. We are looking to stamp our passport with H1B/H4 visas at Mumbai. How we can select appointment dates for the week of November 9 to November 13.
I have tried to look at VFS website (https://www.vfs-usa.co.in) but not showing any dates after month of July...
Can anyone please help me?

Also, we are looking to stamp our passport the next day when we arrive in Mumbai. Do anyone know the good hotel near by embassy to stay?

I really appriciate your help.

Thank you.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does anyone know where can I get cheap wada paav before going to the embassy

Nathu lodge is good to stay for 30 rs/night. This is behind the big koorakarkat near the laddoo baba temple. Just across the street from 2 coconut trees and coconut waterwaala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrajput View Post
We are planning to visit India in the month of November. We are looking to stamp our passport with H1B/H4 visas at Mumbai. How we can select appointment dates for the week of November 9 to November 13.
I have tried to look at VFS website (https://www.vfs-usa.co.in) but not showing any dates after month of July...

Also, we are looking to stamp our passport the next day when we arrive in Mumbai. Do anyone know the good hotel near by embassy to stay?

Thank you.

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

--------------------------
Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2028.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of
Default dates open 2 weeks in advance

I believe dates open 2 weeks in advance. If you want appointment in Nov check in mid of October. I recently went for stamping in Chennai and experience was smooth.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ftbakhru has a spectacular aura about ftbakhru has a spectacular aura about ftbakhru has a spectacular aura about

My experience is that interview dates for Nov won't show up until Oct.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jcrajput is a name known to all jcrajput is a name known to all jcrajput is a name known to all jcrajput is a name known to all jcrajput is a name known to all jcrajput is a name known to all

Thank you all for your quick responses.
I will travel with my wife and 7 years old son. Is there any nice place to stay near embassy? Also, Can I get my passport back on the same day or I need to collect next day after stamping?

Thanks.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/07/2007
Compare
deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts
Default Mandatory

Make sure you post all the required document 5 "working days" - If appointment is on monday then your papers should reach by Sat of previous week....

Appointment on 29th June means your papers should reach latest by 19th [4 days is for weekend and one day is overlap].....

I had a bad experience when I went for interview at Mumbai consulate - When I reached the office they told me my appointment has been cancelled reason - document did not reach as per the expected time....I had to spend 10 days to get the next appointment...It was not a problem for me as I am from Mumbai...

Make sure you reach atleast 2 hours before your appointment time. local hawaldars make a mess of people standing in queue...

- Deepak

Old 06-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ftbakhru has a spectacular aura about ftbakhru has a spectacular aura about ftbakhru has a spectacular aura about

Yes you can pick the passport at end of day manually

Old 06-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

What is the best way to send the documents to the emabassy? I asked because I live in Ahmedabad and I am planning to go for stamping the very next day I arrive in India.
Thanks for your help.
jignesh

Old 06-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

What is the best way to send the documents to the emabassy? I asked because I live in Ahmedabad and I am planning to go for stamping the very next day I arrive in India.
Thanks for your help.
jignesh

Old 06-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
99mutd08 has much to be proud of 99mutd08 has much to be proud of 99mutd08 has much to be proud of 99mutd08 has much to be proud of 99mutd08 has much to be proud of 99mutd08 has much to be proud of 99mutd08 has much to be proud of 99mutd08 has much to be proud of 99mutd08 has much to be proud of 99mutd08 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by psaxena View Post
Nathu lodge is good to stay for 30 rs/night. This is behind the big koorakarkat near the laddoo baba temple. Just across the street from 2 coconut trees and coconut waterwaala.
Nathu lodge...30 Rs/night...lol.....good luck finding that

Old 06-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/07/2007
Compare
deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Thanks for your help.
jignesh

Better you send the documents on the same day you take the appointment while you are in US....send it with priority - 2 days and with receipt acknowledgement...you will get atleast 2 weeks time after you schedule your appointment. [It will always be a touch an go situation..better you send the documents through Fedex or UPS the same day you take appointment...62$ for sending the documents is much less then taking appointment again and going through the same process....

Please visit VFS site and read all about Mumbai consulate...the rules at mumbai consulate are different from the other 4 offices

Old 06-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Will go through it. Thanks a bunch for your help.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Website says fax a copy of passport at HDFC to obtain a visa fee receipt.

Please Note: If you are an Indian citizen resident in the US, to obtain a Visa Fee Receipt from HDFC Bank, please fax a copy of your passport’s data page to the person in India assisting you. That person will have to submit the fax to HDFC Bank in order to get a fee receipt issued.

Can we just send a copy of passport pages to the person in India who is going to submit the fees at HDFC? Or must fax to the person in India?

Old 06-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/22/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
rupchikgulti is just really nice rupchikgulti is just really nice rupchikgulti is just really nice rupchikgulti is just really nice

Quote:

Thank you.

Sahi jawab diya Saxena. Logon ko muft main hi sari information chahiye hoti hai. Kuch homework karo bhai.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakjain View Post
Make sure you post all the required document 5 "working days" - If appointment is on monday then your papers should reach by Sat of previous week....

Appointment on 29th June means your papers should reach latest by 19th [4 days is for weekend and one day is overlap].....

I had a bad experience when I went for interview at Mumbai consulate - When I reached the office they told me my appointment has been cancelled reason - document did not reach as per the expected time....I had to spend 10 days to get the next appointment...It was not a problem for me as I am from Mumbai...

Make sure you reach atleast 2 hours before your appointment time. local hawaldars make a mess of people standing in queue...

- Deepak
After taking an appointment date, how to report to the Mumbai Consulate? What type of documnets I will need to send to the consulate? Please help. I don't see this info on VHS site.
Thanks.