Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about
Default what is the decent balance in account

Hello

Any one can share what is the decent balance amount that need to be present in the person sponsering the trip for visitors?
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 05-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AirWaterandGC can only hope to improve

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samrat_bhargava_vihari
I don't think they will check your status because they already have visa. For safer side your parents can show them good bank balance, insurance and return tickets. they are just visitors.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Armenia
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
samrat_bhargava_vihari is infamous around these parts samrat_bhargava_vihari is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishku_2000
Hello

Any one can share what is the decent balance amount that need to be present in the person sponsering the trip for visitors?
There is no specific amount as such. First time when my in-laws went for stamping I had around 23k$ balance ( not a make-up, 2 years savings)
but still they rejected. Then next time I had around 9K + I added some assets like car values + 401K ... etc they granted the visa.

I feel they primarily look for ( visitor's)
1. current visa factors
2. their behavior while answering questions in consulate office (sincere or fraud)
3. Assurance of their return to India.
4. Based on other children information and where they settled.
5. Retirement funds or pension for visitor’s in India.
6. Home, land and other properties for visitor’s in India.
7. Person sponsoring job in US, length of stay in that job , salary
8. Person sponsoring length of stay in US.

Current visa factors are not good because of recent frauds and genuine people are getting affected. Today I saw one article in Economic Times
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/2022047.cms
and recently they caught some M.P.’s and M.L.A’s on visa/passport fraud. That’s why I think timing is important.

Last edited by samrat_bhargava_vihari; 05-09-2007 at 02:45 PM.

Old 05-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-02
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Compare
gc_eb2_waiter is a glorious beacon of light gc_eb2_waiter is a glorious beacon of light gc_eb2_waiter is a glorious beacon of light gc_eb2_waiter is a glorious beacon of light gc_eb2_waiter is a glorious beacon of light gc_eb2_waiter is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy URGENT! Parents Correct Passports question

Hi,

My parents are attending a visitor visa interview in Chennai on May 21st. When applying for interview online I had noticed a misspelling in my motherís name in her passport as well as in my fatherís passport (under spouse name). Since there were not many appointments available (w/ Telugu translator) I had reserved the appointment and filled D-156, D-157 with the corrected names.

Meanwhile we sent the passports for correction. We received the corrected passports yesterday along with the old ones. I thought we will get only one copy with the corrected names. But now we have two passports for my mother and two passports for my father with TWO DIFFERENT PASSPORT NUMBERS. Since the Appointment letters, D-156 & D157 forms contain old passport number (which I canít change now) would it cause any problem in the interview.

Will it be fine to write a detailed letter addressing to consulate?
Please let me know your suggestions.

Sreekanth
psreekanth at hotmail.com

Old 05-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/05/2006
Chargeability
:
Serbia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
radosav will become famous soon enough

Though this is not helpful for many folks from India and China, I still wanted to share how my in-laws got their Visitor visa in US Consulate in Belgrade, former Yugoslavia.

I supplied all kinds of docs from our side:
-my latest H1 extension valid till march 2010
-my wife's H4 extension valid till march 2010
-our marriage certificate
- our driver's licenses
- 4 most recent pay stubs
- savings account balance
- 2006 tax return and W2
-employment verification letter from my employer
- invitiation letter
- I-134 forms

In-laws brought all kinds of docs with them
- proof for owning property, what and where, and how big it is
- pension slips

They first gave all the documents and waited for about half an hour to go to the window for an interview. Ater IO reviewed the docs, he called them to the window.

The interview in itself was brief but IO wanted to know the reason for this visit, my name and where I work, what my company does (in-laws did not know that - as if they care, they knew its something to do with computers, since I work there... ).

Anyway, tricky question was 'where does your daughter work?' And my father-in-law said that she does not work, her status in the US is as my familly member.

Ouh, and I found it hilarious that my parents-in-law kept forgetting what visa statuses we are in, so instead of saying H1 and H4 they kept repeating its B1 and B4. When IO said he never heard of those visas, my father-in-law said its work visa for me and spouse visa for my wife, and tell them to take a look in the documents, our extensions are there.

IO did not ask for our passports or visa stamps, he did not inquire about my GC process, though we are here 8 years in our respective H1/H4 statuses.

Other people where showing their air-fare reservations - but my father-in-law noticed IOs did not like that. I am so thankful my father -in-law read the situation correctly and kept his air reservations with him, not showing them with the rest of the documents.

Thats it folks, wanted to share how it goes elsewhere in the world...

Old 05-31-2007, 12:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
santhakumar is on a distinguished road
Default need a suggestion for applying visitor visa for my in-laws

I sponsored visitor visa for my in-laws, they got rejected twice. Now my co-brother wants to sponsor them. Is it good idea? is it going to harm in any other way? any suggetions please.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
perm2gc will become famous soon enough perm2gc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhakumar
I sponsored visitor visa for my in-laws, they got rejected twice. Now my co-brother wants to sponsor them. Is it good idea? is it going to harm in any other way? any suggetions please.
You may have to wait at least a year as consulate may get suspicious about the case and they may ban them permanently.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sracharla is on a distinguished road
Default In-law stamping

Hi,

Can anyone of you help me in finding check list for my in-law stamping? She has an appointment in august. Please help me.

Old 08-09-2007, 08:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sevak is on a distinguished road
Default Dependent visa option for spouse of B1 visa holder

One of my cousin is going to visit USA on B1 visa for 3-4 months.
He also wants to get his wife along.

What visa could she be eligible for?

Will tourist visa be only option for her or she would be eligible for any other kind of visa?

Thanks

Old 09-15-2007, 11:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
saimrathi is on a distinguished road
Question

Is it true that Visitor Visa appointments in Bombay are not available till March 2008?
RD: 9/4/07
SC: TSC
I-140 Approved 08/16/2008
PD: Mar 2005 (EB 2 India)

Contributions:
1. Sent Letters to Area Representatives and Senators.
2. Sent Letters to news media.
3. Sent Thank You cards.
4. $100 Order Details - Aug 10, 2007 3:13 PM EDT Google Order #462077719238648
5. Sponsored $100 for a person (Sachin B from FL) to go to DC.

Old 09-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-00
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
susie is a jewel in the rough susie is a jewel in the rough susie is a jewel in the rough susie is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomi View Post
yes...She can come back anytime as long as her B2 visa is valid. they will give her new I-94 card at the port of entry. Extension of stay is not vlaid any more since she left the country. extension of stay valid only as long as she stay in States and only need if she like to stay after the I-94 card `s date.

In short , she is more than welcome to States as long as her B2 visa is valid.

Hope this will help.
Sorry you are wrong

She is only welcome in this country if the POE inspector admits her for entry. Just because she has a visa does not guarentee entry into the USA.She could be seen as living in the USA if she comes back too quickly.

As she does have a visa, should she be denied entry she can ask to be put infront of immigration judge

Old 09-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need some Guidance for my In-laws - Visa Interview in Telugu

Hello All,
My in-laws are going for a Visitor Visa interview at Chennai Consulate on October 5th and the interview is in telugu.
If anyone has gone through it please PM me so that we can get some experiences, if they are in India - we would like to call them up and talk to them.

Thanks,
Chandrakanth

Old 09-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future
Default Be cautious

My friends in-laws were given a hardtime by the immigration officers at Detroit because they got a couple of extensions the last time they were here. She better be prepared for some grilling on that account - some story about why she needed the extensions. Be creative - you have time

Old 09-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hmehta is on a distinguished road

Well, along the same lines.....my mother never extended her stay beyond 6 months....BUT.....came here in 2004, 2006 and 2007 around the same time (May 1st or 2nd week)....and Immigration officials in LA gave her a little hard time during her recent visit (in 2007) suggesting why she was coming at the same time every year! Note that she didn't come here in 2005 at all. Anyways, after some back and forth they did give her a 6 month stay.

Just wanted to share the experience. I guess they don't like people coming here at the same time every visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamy View Post
My friends in-laws were given a hardtime by the immigration officers at Detroit because they got a couple of extensions the last time they were here. She better be prepared for some grilling on that account - some story about why she needed the extensions. Be creative - you have time

Old 10-29-2007, 08:06 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
likeafable is on a distinguished road
Default Business VISA to Spouse VISA

Hi, I am a citizen of india working in US on H1B. My fiancee and I want to get married in US. My understanding is that the only way she can come here is on travel or business visa. We thought business visa will be a better choice. Is it okay to convert business visa to spouse visa? will there be any issues?

Waiting for reply,
Thanks in advance.

Closed Thread