Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Zulagh is on a distinguished road
Default Please help. How to confirm B1/B2 visa is still valid

Hello everybody?
I need to confirm my B1/B2 visa is still valid.Let me explain it: I've traveled to U.S 1 year ago under B1/B2 visa. My friend advised me stay longer and I changed my B1/B2 visa into F1 status. The F1 status has been approved but I had to leave U.S 'cause I am urged by my family to return.
Now I've got an idea that what happened to my B1/B2 visa and could it be remained still valid?
Does any of you know any idea how to insure that B1/B2 visa is ok?

Please , thanks in advance.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 09-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantagon View Post
Hi,

My parents are currently with me on B2 visa. Here are the details:
VISA Granted: Aug 2007
Validity: 5 years Multiple-Entry
Came to US: June 5, 2008
I-94 Validity: Dec 4, 2008

I would like to apply for an extension of 6 months and my questions are:

1. If I apply 4 weeks before their I-94 Expires, will they be considered legaly staying even if we do not hear any decision before the I-94 expiration and they continue staying with me here after I-94 expires?

2. What happens if the extension is denied? Do they have to leave within 30 days, if they are past the I-94 expiration? Will they be considered "VISA Overstayed" or "Unlawful Stay"? Will their 5-yr-ME VISA be cancelled automatically?

Please advise. Thank you.
Hello mantagon,

I hope, you have got the extension for your parents stay here.

Now, I am planning to apply my mother-in-law's stay extension. She is here on her visitor visa. She has valid visa. But her I94 expires on Oct 30. She was here in usa for two times (Jan 2006 to jun 2006 and Jan 2008 to may 2008).

Can you please advise me about the documentation, reasong for extension, how many days in advance the application to be submitted ...etc?

Thanks

Closed Thread