Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 03:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rorypirrie is infamous around these parts rorypirrie is infamous around these parts rorypirrie is infamous around these parts rorypirrie is infamous around these parts rorypirrie is infamous around these parts rorypirrie is infamous around these parts

If someone is offered a job at a non-profit year round church camp, what visa can they get to allow them to work for 2 years. obviously proof of intent to return will be required but is there a special visa available?

Old 07-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Pratap1981 is on a distinguished road
Default change location when H1B extn is filed

Hi, I have a question here...

My visa expires in Oct 2011 and I have applied for extn and received the acknowledgment for it. Can I change my work location\city now.

Thanks
Pratap
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vnetty is on a distinguished road
Default H1 Rejected Applying for H4

i came to US on H4 and got an Job opportunity to work on H1 from my husbands company and i applied for change of Status.
It took more than an Year to get the H4 to H1 conversion to complete.
I worked for around 6 months and it is a Employer - End Client model Job and the employer - employee relationship was always in place.
We came to home country to attend an emergency recently and i appeared for the Visa stamping.
The officer issued a 221g requesting additional processing time.
After 6 months i received the documents back from the Consulate stating that they are rejecting the visa and my petition will be sent back the DOS for review.
I have no interest in appealing again for the H1 or even considering H1 again in the future due to all the issues i experienced and the time i lost.
i Think for H4's its easier to be on H4 than converting to H1 and going through all the hassle.
My Husband who was also issued a 221g got his Visa stamped recently and is working remotely from india.He is required at the Client place now and can no longer work remotely.
Since he is leaving i want to apply for a H4 and travel along with him.
What are my chances of getting a H4?
anybody with a similar experience?

Please help!

Old 11-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vnetty is on a distinguished road
Default Please help Urgent

i came to US on H4 and got an Job opportunity to work on H1 from my husbands company and i applied for change of Status.
It took more than an Year to get the H4 to H1 conversion to complete.
I worked for around 6 months and it is a Employer - End Client model Job and the employer - employee relationship was always in place.
We came to home country to attend an emergency recently and i appeared for the Visa stamping.
The officer issued a 221g requesting additional processing time.
After 6 months i received the documents back from the Consulate stating that they are rejecting the visa and my petition will be sent back the DOS for review.
I have no interest in appealing again for the H1 or even considering H1 again in the future due to all the issues i experienced and the time i lost.
i Think for H4's its easier to be on H4 than converting to H1 and going through all the hassle.
My Husband who was also issued a 221g got his Visa stamped recently and is working remotely from india.He is required at the Client place now and can no longer work remotely.
Since he is leaving i want to apply for a H4 and travel along with him.
What are my chances of getting a H4?
anybody with a similar experience?

Old 03-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
blossomgreen is on a distinguished road
Default H4 to H1: Fresh or COS?

Hi..Greetings...!!

I am currently on leave from my employer in India and staying with my husband in US with H4 and have around 4 yrs of IT experience. Kindly help me in deciding the best option for filing H1:

1. Conversion of H4 to H1 visa status from US itself through a consulting company. (Processing in US)
2. Filing fresh visa from my current employer which is a reputed MNC (stamping will be done from India)

I am confused as I find more risk in going back to India and then trust my employer on filing.

Please suggest the best option in terms of success rate.

Thanks In Advance

Old 03-13-2012, 01:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomgreen View Post
Hi..Greetings...!!

I am currently on leave from my employer in India and staying with my husband in US with H4 and have around 4 yrs of IT experience. Kindly help me in deciding the best option for filing H1:

1. Conversion of H4 to H1 visa status from US itself through a consulting company. (Processing in US)

2. Filing fresh visa from my current employer which is a reputed MNC (stamping will be done from India)

I am confused as I find more risk in going back to India and then trust my employer on filing.

Please suggest the best option in terms of success rate.

Thanks In Advance

1) Eligible to work as soon your COS is approved.

2) This is a good option to go with and you can start working once your H1b visa is stamped and enter US on H1b!

Even if your H1b doesn't go through you are still eligible to come back on H4.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
blossomgreen is on a distinguished road

Heyy thanks for your reply..
Are you sure in case of COS, one can work as soon as the COS gets approved. I talked to one consultant, acc to her I will be able to work only after Oct 2012 even in case of COS.....

Old 03-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
meetsowmya is on a distinguished road
Default H4 to H1 - Applying for H1 on April 2012 with H4 valid till Jun 2012.

Hi,

I am currently on H4 in the US which is valid till Jun 2012. I am applying for H1 premium processing this April 2012. My spouse's H1 and my H4 extension are not yet done by my Spouse's employer. I have the following questions

1. Can I apply for H4 to H1 change of status, since my current H4 is valid only till June?
or should I go for a fresh H1? which is the best way to do H1 processing in my case.

2. After H1 approval, can i apply for H4 extn, to stay in US until my H1 effective date(which will be Oct 1).

Please help!

Old 03-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
goomail is on a distinguished road

meetsowmya,
Ideally you should do H4 extn first, since it expires before Oct 1, which is the earliest effective date of H1. If you apply COS to H1 now, without H4 extn, it might get denied or may get approved for consular processing. I think, the options are,
1. Apply H4 extn first, after approval submit COS to H1. Here, your status change will automatically to H1 (no need to leave US) on the effective date in the H1 approval notice.
OR
2. Apply as new H1 (no COS), leave US, get H1 stamping and enter again on H1 visa stamp on or after Oct 1.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
goomail is on a distinguished road

blossomgreen,
If you have a job offer in US and employer is ready to process H1, you can do a COS from H4 to H1. But, please note that H1 won't be effective until Oct 1. The good thing about COS is, you do not need to leave US or get visa stamping to change the status to H1.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage