Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
1978bubun is on a distinguished road

I am posting the query on behalf of my wife (I am on H1, she's on F1)

"My current F1 visa expires on July 2011 and my I-20 expires on August 2013. I am planning to visit my home country (India) on Jan 2011

1. Can I come back with my existing visa which will be valid for only 6 months from the time I try to enter United States in Jan 2011?

2. Is it a good idea to renew my visa during my visit to India in Jan 2011 even though my existing visa would not yet be expired? That way, I can visit India in case of any emergency without having to worry about the visa renewal. Also, during my OPT , my F1 would be valid and I will have the flexibility of traveling out of United States if needed.

3. In case the visa renewal gets denied or delayed in Jan 2011, will they cancel my existing visa too, or I can come back with my existing visa?

4. Of the two situations which would be safer:

traveling on a valid F1 while still in grad school and applying for renewal while F1 is still valid OR traveling on OPT with EAD and a job but expired F1 and applying for its renewal."

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 04-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kashyapnamuduri is on a distinguished road
Default Repeated Requests to Expedite my I-539 COS processing

Hi,

I'm currently on H-1B Visa, and about to go back to school as a Full-time Ph.D student. I've submitted the COS application I-539 to change from H-1B to F1 for starting my Ph.D (in Summer term starting 16th May, 2011) and I'm afraid the processing time shown currently for the Vermont Service Center location (which is where I filed my case) means that the approval would come after the start date of my Ph.D term. Here are the details:

Date of Filing-03/14/2010 (this is when the USCIS received my application);
I 797C received from VSC
Start Date on I 20- 05/16/2011

I called the USCIS's 1-800 number and requested to Expedite my application-processing. Unfortunately I received a request-denial notice today from them saying that there is no sufficient reason for expediting my application and that it would be processed in normal time.

I read somewhere that Expediting is possible in my case since I have a valid reason (my I-20 start date fall within the current processing times), and that I should try making the request through Fax instead of calling the 1-800 number. Now my question is: would requesting for expediting again after it was rejected once, affect the decision on my application? Or do you think there is no harm in trying again? Does anyone have any idea on this? Please advise, I need to do something to make sure I don't lose a complete term and sit idle for 4 months!

Thank You,
Kashyap

Old 06-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hards is on a distinguished road
Default H4 transfer

Hello,

My wife is working on H1 and I am here on H4 as her dependent. Now she is thinking of changing her job, in that case she will need an H1 transfer for the new company.

My question is that do i need to get my H4 transfered also? I already have stamped H4 in the name of current company. Within 6 month I am planning to go on F1, so I was wondering that do i need to go through all transfer of my H4 or I dont need to file for a transfer?

Thanks

Old 06-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
reddy_h will become famous soon enough reddy_h will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hards View Post
Hello,

My wife is working on H1 and I am here on H4 as her dependent. Now she is thinking of changing her job, in that case she will need an H1 transfer for the new company.

My question is that do i need to get my H4 transfered also? I already have stamped H4 in the name of current company. Within 6 month I am planning to go on F1, so I was wondering that do i need to go through all transfer of my H4 or I dont need to file for a transfer?

Thanks
I believe so but check with your lawyer.

Closed Thread