Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Non-Immigrant Visas (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum6-non-immigrant-visas/)
-   -   All H1B/H4 Stamping posts here (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum6-non-immigrant-visas/4192-all-h1b-h4-stamping-posts-here.html)

vsoni 03-28-2007 11:14 AM

visa stamping in Halifax Canada.

Please share your experience visa stamping in Halifax Canada.

glus 04-10-2007 05:38 PM

Need advise-H1 stamping in Canada

Hi guys,
How do you go about this. I would appreciate your thaughts.
Person came to the US 7 years ago on B2. Changed to F1 and received his BS degree in the US, then changed to H1 (received a new I94). The person never left the US for the past 7 years and can show all the I20s while on F1 with no gaps. His I94 is valid until 1/2009. The person wants to go out to Canada for first-time H1 stamp. The person does not have a passport with a B2 visa on which she came as the passport expired and a new blank passport was issued in the US. The old passport is missing, but a copy of the B2 visa is available.

What are the chances of successful stamping in Canada? The person does not work for a consulting company. Please share your experiences/thaughts.

Thank You.

G

vxg 04-16-2007 01:27 PM

H-1 B stamping Name Check Delay

Folks,
I need some feedback from those unlucky ones who had faced delays in H-1 or H-4 stamping in India because the officer said that they are flagged for additioanal checks and a full fingerprinting is needed for FBI review.
My wife was stuck in 2004 for this at Delhi and got cleared in about 6 weeks. We are going back to India this year and she will need to get her H-1 B stamped (she has an approved H-1 Band she is working full time). We are concerned that she may get flagged again. Anyone who has been flagged once and than went again for stamping please share experience.

vxg 04-17-2007 11:55 AM

anyone any feedback

Folks anyone with feedback please respond.

Strive_Do IT 04-17-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhishek101
You do not have to go to Canadian Consulate to get your visa. You can send it even by mail to get it approved.
The only caveat to above is you should not have applied for permanent residency of Canada.

My question is If I want to go to Canada for H-1 Stamping, I should not have applied to Permanent Canada Residency? If I've applied for the Canadian Permanent Residency, I will not get the H-1 stamp approved/the visa to go to canada approved? My situation is I started filing for the Permanent Quebec Residency 2 years ago. So the Quebec Residency application is in process.
Thanks all

go_guy123 04-17-2007 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhishek101
The only caveat to above is you should not have applied for permanent residency of Canada.

Wrong...rules of Canada are different from US.
Canada rules allows visitor entry if you show intent to leave Canada as per rules.

US rules are far stricter..intent not to ever immigrate/work etc.

I got Vsistor visa and wrote yes i have applied for PR Canada and sill got it
as i proved them i will come back to continue my existing job in us
though i do intend to immigrate to Canada.

rick_rajvanshi 04-17-2007 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strive_Do IT
My question is If I want to go to Canada for H-1 Stamping, I should not have applied to Permanent Canada Residency? If I've applied for the Canadian Permanent Residency, I will not get the H-1 stamp approved/the visa to go to canada approved? My situation is I started filing for the Permanent Quebec Residency 2 years ago. So the Quebec Residency application is in process.
Thanks all

The two issues of H1 and Canadian residency are different and no have affect whatsoever on each other. You can keep getting H1 stamping in Canada even after you become Canadian Permanent residence. You can continue to stay in the US and travel back and forth as well. I have been doing it and so can you.

Yes , one caution :- once you get Canadian PR , you' ll have to start maintaining residence with in 3 years if not sooner - Once your 3 year window closes , you lose you PR status.

So go ahead and apply for H1 visa appointments with no hesitation in this regard.

go_guy123 04-17-2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick_rajvanshi
Yes , one caution :- once you get Canadian PR , you' ll have to start maintaining residence with in 3 years if not sooner - Once your 3 year window closes , you lose you PR status.

Its actually 2 out of 5 years of physical presence in Canada unless one
spouse is Canadian Citizen.

Kozuru 04-18-2007 07:37 PM

Hi visa stamp at Tijuana

I'd like to ask for visa stamp at Tijuana. I have a new H1B visa which is not stamped on my passport yet. Passport has old visa stamped from my previous employer.

Can I go to Tijuana for stamping this?

baburob2 04-18-2007 07:46 PM

if you have not been out of status you could go. plz check Mexico us consulate's webpage for further instructions.

GCard_Dream 04-18-2007 08:08 PM

Has anyone been to Canada, specifically Ottawa, for H1-B stamping recently? If so, what is the process. I understand that you have to make an appointment in advance. Is there a web-based system for appointments or do you just have to call that 1-900-xxx-xxxx number?

vsoni 04-18-2007 08:24 PM

You will need a letter from employer describing your job duty, salary, hiring date and employer’s business. copy of I-129 and LCA.
All pervious H1 approvals. Current resume.
DS-156 online, DS-157
Check this out.
http://www.amcits.com/halifax.asp
I got my h1 stamping without any problem.

ricky 04-19-2007 07:36 AM

Visit this web site to make appointments - www.nvars.com

I had been to Ottawa - Canada for Visa stamping.

All details are available on their web site.

apk1928 04-20-2007 09:33 AM

Client letter for H1 stamping

I would like to get the client letter format for H1 stamping in India (Chennai). Could anyone send me the sample client letter ASAP. I have to give it to my client very soon.
Thanks in advance.

senthil 04-20-2007 10:04 AM

here we go - get it printed on coy letterhead- otherwise no value-add

This is to verify that Mr / Miss / Mrs. abc is working at my project at location since - yyyy/mm/dd. Mr abc is a (critical) member of our team and he/she performs la-bla -bla. he/she is visiting india during period of AAA - BBBB. he/she is ecpected to join the project after the visit. We look forward for his/her continued support upon his/her return starting yyyy/mm/dd. pl contact me for any questions / clarification. sincerely ......