Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 01:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute
Default H1B Stamping at Chennai - June 2011

Went for H1B stamping (12 & 13th years) at Chennai Post (all my previous visas were issued in Chennai)

Administration is now a lot better with the token system, at least the applicant knows where he/she stands. Mostly it takes about an hour and half to complete the entire cycle.

In the first inspection level, I-129 was asked and put in the consulate folder, photos were checked, questions asked etc etc...

Visa Interview:
-----------------
VO: Do you have clients? (nailing starts right from the begining)
ANS: No
VO: How long you work for this company?
ANS: X years
VO: What you do?
ANS: Explaining responsibilities...
Vo: Who are your clients?
ANS: This time, it is related to the product, so I named few client names
VO: Give me the W2 forms.
ANS: Gave all years W2 forms
VO: Have you applied for Green Card? (first time I received this question)
ANS: Yes
VO: Give me the I-140 copy.
ANS: (Search for it, Shit!, I did not have copy, but I remember I saw one in in the I-129 petition papers) I have I-485 copy, I-140 copy is already in the consulate folder with I-129 papers.
VO: Thats ok. Give me the I-485 copy
ANS: Gave it.
VO: You will get your passport with visa within a week.
VO puts the passport, I-485 copy and few other papers in the consulate folder, throw it in a box behind her desk.

(Pay stubs, previous I-797s were not asked this time, but last time I was asked)

Arrival at JFK New York (From Dubai):
---------------------------------------------
Before the air craft's doors were opened, an announcement was made by the crew that immigration officers were at the flight doors to verify the passports , and keep the passports ready.

At the entrance there were two immigration officers standing on both sides, leaving space only for one passenger to go in the middle.

Given the passport, he went thru quickly, and say "Clear"

Immigration Clearance:
---------------------------
IO: Why you come here?
ANS: Employment
IO scanned the visa page, took finger print, picture.
He kept looking at me, I kept looking at him....
After few minutes of 'dead silence'...
IO: Sorry, the system is slow.
Stamped and gave the passport.

Authorized to work for next 2 years!

Last edited by ivgclive; 07-10-2011 at 01:26 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
rbalaji5 is a jewel in the rough rbalaji5 is a jewel in the rough rbalaji5 is a jewel in the rough
Default Got stamping in chennai

The chennai stamping process is changed completely and it is very fast now. They are issuing a token at the gate and that is your priority. Everything is done within 1 hour. They even take the photo graph inside if the photo was not taken within 6 months.

Looks like the process is changed completely and they are verifying all our info in the background before the interview. They didn't even ask single question to me. after looking at the document,

VO : xxxx (company name) ?
me : Yes

VO : How long in xxxx (co.name) ?
me : since xxxx

VO : How long in H1 ?
me : since xxxx

VO : Do you have client ?
Me : Yes... client name

VO : ok, your visa is approved and you will get the visa by courier within a week.
Me : Thatz it ? ..

VO : Yes,
Me ; Thank you so much.

Got passport in the 4th day by courier. This is my 3rd H1 stamping in chennai. I didn't have client letter. They didn't ask any client letter. I had only the employer letter from the company. Moreover, My company is U.S based fortune 100 company.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
TashuVisa is on a distinguished road

Hi.....i started working in jan 2011...and mine is a very small (15 employees or less) product based american company though stable. I am planning to travel in Nov '2011. My case is new visa stamping.
I have a few questions:
a) Where in India should i go for stamping Delhi/Kolkata?
b) What all extra documents should be carried since mine is a small company?
c) Is is safe to travel this year end, as the market has crashed pretty badly here.

Thanks.

Last edited by TashuVisa; 08-11-2011 at 08:28 AM. Reason: forgot a point.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2012
Compare
greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute
Default H1/H4 stamping in Canada

Hi,

I am planning to get my H1 and H4 Visa Stamping done in Canada. Please let me know your experience and procedure.

Appreciate all your inputs.

Thanks,

Old 11-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampada.zarekar.a View Post
I am on H1B currently working in NYC. I came here on h4 , filed h1b through a desi consulatant , got it approved around june end and started my job on Oct 1st. I was planning to go to india for h1b stamping but got to know from my friends that it might get rejected. I do not want to take any chance. I then thought I would go to canada. I am not sure about the process. If i get appointment ,and get the canada visa on my passport but I go to canada only for one day to get the stamping , would it create a problem , I am not really sure of the proccess. Do i need to stay in canada for a while to get the stamping or it can just happen in a day ?
Do i have to go to india to get the canandian visa? what type of canadian visa i can apply?
if i go to canada on tourist visa, while from there go to america, can i do h1b stamping while going from canada to america. I am really not sure of the process.

Please guide me

Thank you for taking time and reading my post.
Why do you want to go for stamping?? Did you get I-94 along with your H1 approval notice

Total contributions $120

Old 11-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am not going for stamping. But when I come back from India, I should need the stamping right. I am going to India for personal reasons. Yes, I got ny I -94
Please check with your Lawyer before leaving the country. It is better safe than sorry

Old 11-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/17/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am not going for stamping. But when I come back from India, I should need the stamping right. I am going to India for personal reasons. Yes, I got ny I -94
if you are in IT/Software working on a E-V-C kinda set up, then it would be difficult proving the employee-employer relationship. i have colleagues stranded in india right now. VO are going to the extend of asking question on reporting structure, tools/software used in daily work etc.
Note, even this various case by case and you might get the stamping eventually.

But if you are directly reporting to and working for employer(petitioners) projects, then you don't have to worry much.

good luck with everything.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac-r-ten View Post
if you are in IT/Software working on a E-V-C kinda set up, then it would be difficult proving the employee-employer relationship. i have colleagues stranded in india right now. VO are going to the extend of asking question on reporting structure, tools/software used in daily work etc.
Note, even this various case by case and you might get the stamping eventually.

But if you are directly reporting to and working for employer(petitioners) projects, then you don't have to worry much.

good luck with everything.

From her posting it is very clear that she is in consulting with a desi company. And yes as Sac-r-ten said unless you prove your employer-employee relationship dont expect to get a visa stamping, client letter is not sufficient in this case. Since this is your first H1 stamping I highly doubt you can get a stamping in Canada or Mexico, I am afraid you will have to goto your regional consulate in India to get your visa stamped, but please check with attorney on this.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chaitu_t9 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation H1 stamping in Nogales/mexico on 15th

Is anybody plannign to go to nogales ,mexico .i have an appointment on 15th and finger printing on 14th .I am looking for company to go there .Is anybody going on thsoe dates ?
Please email me chaitanya522@gmail.com .Its very urgent .

Old 04-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
swatsp is on a distinguished road
Smile Can I go to Mexico for H1B visa stamping second time

Hi All,

I got the stamping done on my previous H1B in India(my home country) which is valid until April 2013.After coming back to US, I changed my employer and now my H1B transfer has been approved.I am planning to go to India in December 2012 and this time should I get stamping done again as the previous visa is for the old employer and can I go to Mexico this time instead of India?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

SP

Old 05-14-2012, 04:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
JaytheDreamer is on a distinguished road
Default Stamping after COS also new H4 for wife and kid

Hi all,
I need your expert advise. I was in L1B and got COS to H1B from February and now in H1B. My family (wife and kid) were with me in L2 status for an year, but they had to go back before the COS. Now they are in India and their L2s are expired. I am planning to go for a vacation in couple of months. I know that I have to apply for a H1B and get it stamped at the nearest consulate (Chennai). How can I extend the application for new H4 for my family, and get the consulate things and stampings done together? When I asked an attorney, he said I don't have to do anything here in US, but have to apply for H1B visa with the consulate (DS160) for me and my family and get a date and attend the interview? Is that correct? If so can I do that few weeks before I travel to India?

Please let me know with your valuable information

Old 05-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute

Your Attorney is correct! Plan based on your vacation period if required book the slot from here and be ready to appear for the interview along with your family members for H1b & H4 visa stamping. Good luck!

Old 05-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatsp View Post
Hi All,

I got the stamping done on my previous H1B in India(my home country) which is valid until April 2013.After coming back to US, I changed my employer and now my H1B transfer has been approved.I am planning to go to India in December 2012 and this time should I get stamping done again as the previous visa is for the old employer and can I go to Mexico this time instead of India?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

SP
You can still use the same visa through employer A to come back but make sure to present the H1b copy from employer B at POE. If your employer B's H1 expiry is later than 4/13 and you need your visa in your passport to be extended then get it done in neighboring Country. Take your present Employer/Attorney's advice.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jess_d is on a distinguished road
Default H1-B visa stamping delay

Hi All,

I was laid off at Company A in less than 3.5 months of joining; Company B filed LCA and H1-B transfer within a month. In the meantime, Company A revoked H1-B petition without informing me. RFE was requested with regards to why there was a 16 day gap between the time Company A's H1-B petition was revoked and the new filing from Company B. After RFE response, H1-B petition was approved, transfer denied, I was requested to go for visa stamping.

It has been 6 weeks since visa interview at American embassy outside of US- where I was given a 221G white form, asked to wait for admin processing. Visa Officer had asked full history of H1-B employment and was wondering why transfer was denied. VO took the whole petition's filing from me and said they needed time to review case. VO also said they will get back to me in 2 days at time of interview. My employer has not been contacted since and I have been asked by consulate to wait.

Not sure what is happening and why there is such a long delay.
1. Are VO's concerned about frequent job changes?
2. Is transfer denial of concern to visa officer when petition is approved?
3. I'm told that around the same time frame, another colleague's H1-B petition was revoked at time of stamping - company and USCIS are in conversation regards to this (no more details available). Could my case be delayed/related to other person's case?
4. Are background checks made on company alone or my profile too?

Old 05-30-2012, 06:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kevink is on a distinguished road
Default 2008 H1 approved but not stamped

I got my H1 approval in 2008 and didnt went to stamp the H1 ever.
My petition was not COS
Now I want to go back to H1..
Can anybody tell me if that H1 will be still valid or I will have to do brand new H1?