Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 12:36 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute

My friend who flew from out of state to apply for a Canadian Visa in Washington D.C has been instructed to go and submit his application at Canadian Consulate in New York.

Canadian Consulate used to issue visas on the same day however going forward needs 15 days to process and will deliver by mail. The applicant can chose to pay for premium services like Fedex or UPS.

This would be a big roadblock for lot of IV netizens who have plans to go & get their H1B visa stamped in the US or even to just visit Canada.

Visas and Immigration

"Important message:

Visa and immigration services in the North American processing network have recently changed.

As of June 18, 2012, the visa office of the Canadian Embassy in Washington, D.C., will no longer receive Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) applications from the general public; applications for a Travel Document (Permanent Resident Abroad) (PRTD) or applications for Verification of Entry. It will become a specialized office which will receive stand-alone Temporary Resident Permit (TRP), Rehabilitation and Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC) applications for residents of the United States (U.S.) living East of the Mississippi River, Puerto Rico, Bermuda, St. Pierre et Miquelon, and the U.S. Virgin Islands; and TRV applications from embassies, the United States government and international intergovernmental organizations only."

Called Senators and Congressmen/women to support the Murray Amendment and HR Bills

http://groups.google.com/group/iv-dc-chapter
Proud Member & Leader of IV-MD-DC-VA Chapter
GREENED: Nov 2011
SUPPORT RECURRING CONTRIBUTIONS

Disclaimer: Please consult an experienced attorney for the best consultation in your matters as my knowledge is hearsay or book read & am not a licensed attorney.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Canadian Visitor Visas can be applied only in New York & Los Angeles

Called Senators and Congressmen/women to support the Murray Amendment and HR Bills

http://groups.google.com/group/iv-dc-chapter
Proud Member & Leader of IV-MD-DC-VA Chapter
GREENED: Nov 2011
SUPPORT RECURRING CONTRIBUTIONS

Disclaimer: Please consult an experienced attorney for the best consultation in your matters as my knowledge is hearsay or book read & am not a licensed attorney.

Last edited by rayoflight; 06-22-2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Update

Old 07-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
manijos has a reputation beyond repute manijos has a reputation beyond repute manijos has a reputation beyond repute manijos has a reputation beyond repute manijos has a reputation beyond repute manijos has a reputation beyond repute manijos has a reputation beyond repute manijos has a reputation beyond repute manijos has a reputation beyond repute manijos has a reputation beyond repute manijos has a reputation beyond repute
Default H4 stamping 221g yellow slip July 6th FTE

This is shocking, my wife got visa refusal yellow slip for 221g admin processing.my wife and son got her passport without stamping even though I am FTE with fortune 500 non-IT comapny.
My wife and son had interview for H4 stamping at Mumbai consulate on July 6th and they didnt tell her stamping status and kept the passport.
The questions they asked were,
1) what visa you have applied: H4
2) show latest payslip and original I-797
3) is that your son joining with you for same visa

I am surprised that in the yellow slip they have asked for copy of I-797 even though we had submitted it four days before interview and VO saw the original I-797 during the interview too.
Here is what they have asked to submit in 221g yellow slip,
1) 221g refusal notice(yellow slip)
2) passports
3) CEAC barcode
4) copy of I-797

also they have returned my sons visa appointment letter with PIMS written on it and on the 221g refusal notice(yellow slip) they have mentioned 'Admin Processing' under 'Other'.my child is not US citizen.

please share of someone has any comments/feedback or similar experiences to handle this.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:07 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1b_newuser is on a distinguished road
Default Require suggestion on H4 for spouse

Hi,
First of all I hope this thread is not dead, been really long since anybody posted here. I am currently based out of India waiting for my H1B transfer to be completed by a US firm (B) under premium processing. I read somewhere that H4 is company independent, unlike H1B, so the new firm (B) can initiate H4 for my spouse based on the H1B I have from my previous firm (A). Can someone clarify if this is possible, am mainly looking to save on a couple of weeks time in documentation.

Also, generally how soon post initiation of H1B transfer under premium processing can one travel? Considering I would need H4 as well for my spouse.

Thanks for your help

NewUser

Old 06-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snehal.shah.d is on a distinguished road
Default Hello

ok

Old 06-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snehal.shah.d is on a distinguished road
Default Hi

Hello eberyone

Old 08-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
msalem is on a distinguished road
Default H1-B Stampping AP Delay

Hi guys.

I just want to know if anyone has been through this or may have any input on this. I was working in the US on an F1 with a CPT. My employer sponsored me for an H1-B and I successfully changed my status while in the US. I had to go back home (Cairo, Egypt in my case) for a visit last Jan. So, I had to apply for a stamp on my passport for the H1-B to get back to US. I had my interview on the 14th of Feb 2013. The CO had no problem with granting me the visa, but he said it has to go through administrative processing. He just gave me a piece of paper with my case number and the website to check its status. I understood that and the CO also mentioned it would not be much different than the AP I went through before for my F1 visa which took 32 days then. It has been more than six months so far and my visa is still pending administrative processing. I got in contact with the embassy in every possible way and they keep on giving me the same answer that the processing is still pending and it's being done back in Washington D.C so they cannot predict how long it will take.

Today, I decided to call the DOS to check the status myself and I did. They said that this case is not and has not being processing at their end, rather the processing is being done at the US embassy in Cairo and my case is just pending the decision of the US embassy in Cairo. When I told him that the US embassy in Cairo told me that the processing is being done in D.C he said that this is not true.

The question is:
Why do you think I'm getting those conflicting answers from the embassy and the DOS?
I'm trying to get in touch with the embassy here to get this clear to them, but, given the current situation here in Egypt, they seem to be very overloaded with work due to all the closures for several days, they are not answering their phone, or replying the email/social media inquiries. So, until I can hear back from them does anyone has an input on this?

Thanks a lot

Old 12-15-2014, 01:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ysak12 is on a distinguished road
Default H1B stamping with DUI Arrest but no conviction

Hello All,

I was arrested for DUI (first offense) in December 2013 and I came for my H1B stamping (first time) in December 2014. I had my H1B interview at Hyderabd US embassy on last Wednesday, December 10th 2014. I had mentioned in my application that "I was arrested but not convicted, the case was dismissed", which is true to its word as the case was rejected by the court due to lack of evidence.

However I did not carry any documents related to the case as I thought they would have already checked it in their system. The interviewer asked me if I had any court documents but I did not have anything at the time of interview, he told me that he has ordered the documents from court (I do not know which one he contacted) and told me if I could get those documents I should contact the embassy. Now I have the documents sent by attorney which include his letter and court document showing that the case was rejected. I emailed US embassy, support-india@ustraveldocs.com, stating that I have the required court documents and asked where should I submit those but they told me that I should send documents if I had a 221-G slip, which I did NOT receive.

Kindly let me know what I can do at this point as time is running out on my vacation and I really do not want to lose my visa over a rejected case of DUI.

Thank you so much for your help.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:44 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
abavera is on a distinguished road
Default H4-EAD not eligible for spouses of I-140 approved?

Hi Friends,

I asked my immigration attorney to help me file the H4-EAD and I got the following reply.

"USCIS will began accepting employment authorization (EAD) applications for certain H-4 spouses as of May 26. At this time, per our records your spouse is currently not eligible for the H4 EAD based on your approved I-140"

Any reason why spouses of approved I-140 not eligible for H4-EAD?

Old 06-02-2015, 10:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

They are eligible if I-140 is approved. Something does not make sense about the lawyer response. Apply for EAD yourself.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
advik20 is on a distinguished road
Default H1 Stamping in Mumbai

What is the wait time and process to get H1 stamping in Mumbai?

Old 12-07-2015, 09:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bigapple11 is on a distinguished road
Default H1B stamping in Mumbai - INTERVIEW WAIVER PROGRAM

Hello Ė

Iím currently on H1B (approved I-140) and going to India (Mumbai) this month and returning on December 30th. My existing H1B visa on my passport is expiring on December 31st 2015. I already have an approved H1B extension and Iím planning on stamping this visa on my passport when I travel this month. Since the visa on my passport has not expired in the past 6 month, Iím eligible for the ďINTERVIEW WAIVER PROGRAMĒ as per Apply for a U.S. Visa | Renew My Visa - India (English)
I got some questions related to my current scenario:
1.Since my H1B visa on my passport does not expire until December 31st 2015; just checking if the US consulate will issue a new visa on my passport reflecting my current H1B extension. I've checked and this should not be an issue but wanted to clarify with the community.
2.Since Iím eligible for the interview waiver program, do I have to take an appointment to drop off the passport and documents to the consulate? If anyone has gone through this scenario please provide me with the detailed information.

Thank you.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
advik20 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigapple11 View Post
Hello Ė

Iím currently on H1B (approved I-140) and going to India (Mumbai) this month and returning on December 30th. My existing H1B visa on my passport is expiring on December 31st 2015. I already have an approved H1B extension and Iím planning on stamping this visa on my passport when I travel this month. Since the visa on my passport has not expired in the past 6 month, Iím eligible for the ďINTERVIEW WAIVER PROGRAMĒ as per Apply for a U.S. Visa | Renew My Visa - India (English)
I got some questions related to my current scenario:
1.Since my H1B visa on my passport does not expire until December 31st 2015; just checking if the US consulate will issue a new visa on my passport reflecting my current H1B extension. I've checked and this should not be an issue but wanted to clarify with the community.
2.Since Iím eligible for the interview waiver program, do I have to take an appointment to drop off the passport and documents to the consulate? If anyone has gone through this scenario please provide me with the detailed information.

Thank you.
I had the same situation in Spetember

Answer is YES to both of your questions

Old 12-07-2015, 09:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bigapple11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by advik20 View Post
I had the same situation in Spetember

Answer is YES to both of your questions
Thank you for your response. I'm trying to take an appointment but there is no option to take an appointment for a interview waiver program. There is an option to drop off the documents, similar to how we drop off the documents before the Visa interview at the consulate.

Old 12-07-2015, 02:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
john_jony is on a distinguished road
Default new rules ?

Hi - Thanks for the interview waiver programs details above .. did not know this was a thing.

I have a few question since I am learning about the stamplng process even more. Back in the day, we used to just apply for H1 / 797 renewal and then go to local consulate and get it stamped. In my case, my last stamping was in jan 2012 and after that I continued here with approved 140 and had h1 extended every 3 yrs.

1. Can I go to Canada and get it stamped ? I saw the rules in this thread about canadian visa, their recent visa on arrival for indians annoucement, get the visa stamped there and re-enter usa and so on .. but is that doable or one has to go back to india only to get it stamped?

2. The interview waiver program sounds good but how much time does it take for the team stanley drop off thingy? If that does not get approved in 2-3 weeks vacation time, interview is better? How much time does it take for that in Mumbai currently? It seems one requirement of interview waiver is 48 months visa which in my case valid visa stamping was in feb 2012 but since then h1 is extended with valid 94..

Any ideas or information would be useful .. Thanks a lot in advance..