Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Non-Immigrant Visas (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum6-non-immigrant-visas/)
-   -   All H1B/H4 Stamping posts here (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum6-non-immigrant-visas/4192-all-h1b-h4-stamping-posts-here.html)

mirchiseth 04-23-2007 09:43 PM

Thanks everyone, it seems possible, still not 100% sure

Everyone

Thanks for the helpful answers. I also found some more info on the internet

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=155214

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8092434AA8xUWt

http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/advice/t-43792.html

With the info I have from here, especially from gman's reply about his visit in Jan it does seem possible to travel. Now the concern is that by sheer bad luck an immigration officer stops you while coming back will he have a problem due to expired visa stamp on the passport?

- Mirchiseth

cool_guy_onnet1 04-23-2007 09:51 PM

I travelled without a valid stamp

But they didn't ask.

My roommate was asked to show the stamp and boy ,I was close to crying!
That would have been my first time since this gal dumped me 4 years ago and my dad beat me infront of couple of hundred people (I was 18 at that time). Coming back to YOUR problems in life,
DON't TAKE ANY CHANCES. ALL MY FLIGHT I WAS THANKING GOD FOR ME BEING NOT THE ONE ASKED TO SHOW THE PASSPORT.
Good Luck,

nc14 04-23-2007 11:12 PM

So what happened to your friend?

I am in the same boat and have the exact same question. cool_guy_onnet1, did your friend had a stamp on his passport? If not, what happened?

Guys are we concluding that even though we are Legal Residents in USA
(expired stamp on the passport and an approved I-797), we cannot travel to Puerto Rico unless the Visa is stamped?

Thanks guys for your help and all your replies are greatly appreciated.

$80 + $20 monthly contribution

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool_guy_onnet1
But they didn't ask.

My roommate was asked to show the stamp and boy ,I was close to crying!
That would have been my first time since this gal dumped me 4 years ago and my dad beat me infront of couple of hundred people (I was 18 at that time). Coming back to YOUR problems in life,
DON't TAKE ANY CHANCES. ALL MY FLIGHT I WAS THANKING GOD FOR ME BEING NOT THE ONE ASKED TO SHOW THE PASSPORT.
Good Luck,

arpiash 04-24-2007 10:31 PM

H1 approved: H4 current status: Home country visit

I am currently on H4 visa and my spouse have applied for his change of employer from Company A to Company B in Apr 2nd week 2007 regular processing. My H1application was filed under premium processing and was approved (known via email) on April 18th 2007.

We did not apply for my H4 visa application (along with my spouse's H1 application throught company B) as I had already filed for my H1 application for Oct-07.

So right now I have two visas: H4 visa till 2010 Jan 31 as a dependent on my spouse's Comapny "A" extended H1 visa which will no longer be valid once he joins Comapny "B" ie new company and my own H1 visa active from Oct 2007 onwards. Also, on my passport I have a visa stamp till 2007, Jan 31, though i have valid H4 status (i-94) because of extended h4 visa .

Having said all this, let me come to my questions:

1. I want to go to India for a month or so and come back before Oct 1 so that I can visit family members before my job starts. Now because my H4 stamp on passport was only valid till 2007, Jan 31, do I need a new stamp?
2. If yes, and if I am planning to come by July beginning to US , does my H4 visa application also needs to be filed from company B..ie my spouse's new company before I visit India?
3. If yes, would it better to convert my spouse's H1 application from regular to premium processing so that when I visit India, say in June beginning for one month.
4. Also(most important question for me), say if I get my H4 visa stamp from India, would it jeopardize my H1 visa which has been approved already.

Also, if anybody is in a similar situation, please reply to this post.
Please let me know about these questions. Thank you very much for your help

npatel 04-25-2007 11:09 AM

Canada or India for Stamping H1b

Any suggestions/thoghts will be helpful and appriciated....

I am on OPT and will be out of status in Septeber after grace period of my OPT expires...

I need my H1b get stamped in September.. Shall you consider going Canada or India?

How to get an appointment for the US Consulate for h1b stamping in Canada/India?

If Canada, How to obtain visitor visa for Canada to visit US consulate?

npatel 04-25-2007 02:29 PM

Please share your experience visa stamping in any US consulate in Canada.

munnu77 04-27-2007 12:14 PM

Cheenai consulate appointment

Is it true that u get an appointment in chennai consulate now in 2 weeks..?
I was planning to send my wife to India.
Pls reply

jakilati 04-27-2007 06:43 PM

Need some suggestions please....

My wife is entered into US on H4 in 2004 June and we applied H1 for her and got the H1 in 2005 for validity till 2008. we went to vancouver for stamping and the consulated given us 226(g) and asked us to go to india for stamping. From vancouver we entered into US by showing my h1 and she entered into US on H4. In 2007 - I applied my H1 renewal and at the same time applied my wife H4 and got the H1 and H4 without any problem.
My question is can we renewal my wife H1 ? I mean can she get new H1 or renewal H1 ? because my wife H1 validity is till sep 2008.

please suggeset someone and help me out.

Thanks
RAJ

milind70 04-27-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakilati
My wife is entered into US on H4 in 2004 June and we applied H1 for her and got the H1 in 2005 for validity till 2008. we went to vancouver for stamping and the consulated given us 226(g) and asked us to go to india for stamping. From vancouver we entered into US by showing my h1 and she entered into US on H4. In 2007 - I applied my H1 renewal and at the same time applied my wife H4 and got the H1 and H4 without any problem.
My question is can we renewal my wife H1 ? I mean can she get new H1 or renewal H1 ? because my wife H1 validity is till sep 2008.

please suggeset someone and help me out.

Thanks
RAJ

Hi ,
When you got an approved H1 for your wife did the 797 have an I 94. I think it did not thats the reasoon most of the time they ask the appilcant to go to the home country or when there is a change in status.
Since your wife never went to India and did not get stamped she is still on H4 status and not on H1. if you wnat your wife to work i would suggest that she go to india and get H1 stamped and enter on H1 status. Plus on top of that she has to start working then only u can file for her renewal.
Renewal requires paystubs and letter from employer.
You can always file a new petititon anytime with another employer but she will be subjected to cap since she is still on H4 status( her staus will only change when she enters US next time on H1 visa or she get i797 with I 94 )
thanks

rsayed 04-27-2007 07:57 PM

Answers...

Quote:

Originally Posted by thakurrajiv
I got my 3 yrs H1 extension approved. I have appointment in Montreal on Oct 19th for US visa stamping.
My question is related to Canada visitor visa.
1. Do I and my wife physically need to go for canadian visitor visa ?
2. Can my friend submit our application and then collect the passport after visa stamp ?

3. I am planning to apply for multiple entry visa. Any ideas on the duration for which they will approve visa ?

I will really appreciate your experience sharing. Thanks in advance.

1. Yes, you do.

2. No, he/she cannot. You can submit the app, and your friend CAN pick it up for you (depends on which city you live in, I guess). It is possible in the Canadian Consulate in NYC, though.

3. I think (not sure) - the duration (of the Canadian Multiple Entry Visa) is also for six months - they may grant you a duration of one year (if you request it).

sidshar 04-30-2007 04:10 PM

h1 visa revalidation at delhi

Can someone pls specify the list of docs needed for h1 visa revalidation at delhi. According to us embassy website:
Nonimmigrant Visas
Visa Applicants Planning to Engage in Technology-Related Business or Study While in the United States:

If you are involved in technical or scientific fields, your visa application may require administrative processing of approximately two to three weeks. If you think this requirement will affect you, apply for your visa as early as possible, prepare for your visa interview well in advance and bring to your visa interview the following documents:

A completed and printed questionnaire: Questionnaire (PDF: 37k*)
A copy of your resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
A list of your publications (if any)
A summary of your past research
A detailed description of your ongoing or future research or work in the U.S.
The name of your advisor or sponsor in the U.S., including a mailing address and telephone number
The name of the financial sponsor of the U.S. study/research
A list of references

I assume thats for univ/reserach jobs not genral company jobs correct?
Thanks.

munnu77 04-30-2007 09:18 PM

Visa stamping in India

My wife is goinf to India alone. She is on H4.
My H1 visa has expired last november and hers too. She is going to get stamped over there. Does my visa has to be current for her to get stamped.
My i 94 is valid till 20009 in my I 797
Thank u

mirage 04-30-2007 09:56 PM

hmm.. Similar situation, both my wife and mine Visa stamp expired this feb. We have new approvals now she wants to go to India. I checked out with a friend who went to India in a similar situation last year. His wife left early and had earlier appointment and he joined them later and had a later appointment date. It seems the consulate kept his wife's passports and said it'll only be stamped after your husband's gets stamped....strange & painful... but logical...they poured tonnes of shit on us the day they closed visa revalidation here, the administration has been unjust & thankless....

Quote:

Originally Posted by munnu77
My wife is goinf to India alone. She is on H4.
My H1 visa has expired last november and hers too. She is going to get stamped over there. Does my visa has to be current for her to get stamped.
My i 94 is valid till 20009 in my I 797
Thank u

zico123 05-08-2007 09:31 PM

H1B Visa Stamp - Kolkata Consulate

Anyone with fresh H1 visa stamping experience in Kolkata consulate. Also considering Mexico consulates - is it advisable to go to Mexico for first time H1 stamp?

I am planning to go there on 1st week of Sept to get stamped (F1 -> OPT -> H1B). From what I gathered from other posts requirements are:
- Appointment lettter
- Passport New & Old (this had my previous F1)
- DS-156
- DS-157
- HDFC bank receipts
- Employer Receipt Notice (1-797C)
- Receipt Notice (I-797B)
- I-129 filed for H-1
- Employment letter from the current employer
- Original offer letter
- Recent paystubs from employer (took for Jan-May as OPT expired in May)
- All W-2's from previous years.
- Copies of all 1040's from Jackson Hewitt
- Bachelor's degree certificate (US univ)
- Bachelor's transcripts
- All I-20's
- Bank Statements (latest)

ksircar 05-08-2007 10:01 PM

H1B Visa Stamp - Kolkata Consulate

I got my passport stamped (H1B) at Kolkata consulate on April 25th. I didn't carry my experiece letters (proof of skills) with me, so I was really nervous. But, the visa officer did not ask for any document at all. He only looked at the current approval notice + employer's letter and the last approval notice. He asked me only three or four questions like:
1. How long I have been working for my current employer
2. Where do I live in USA
3. Have I applied for GC etc.
The whole interview process took less than five minutes. Even I asked the Visa Officer if I can get the passport back the same afternoon (I had an emergency situation) and he gave me special permission to collect the passport in person by 4 PM the same day.