Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
balatx is on a distinguished road
Default H4 travel - old I94 - please advise

Hello,

My husband had changed jobs on his H1B during which my H4 was also extended from Oct 2008 to Feb 2009. However, we lost the new H4 document alongwith the I-94 paper that comes with it. I have since requested from the attroney a certified copy and received the same.

I now have the following documents with me:

1. H4 stamping stamping on my passport (which we did when my husband was with the previous company)

2. Original I-94 with which I entered US for the first time

3. Attorney certified copy of H4 extension and copy of this new I-94 stub that comes attached with the bottom of petition.

My question is: Is it possible to travel abroad and return back on these documents? If not where can I request a new H4 petition/I-94 be issued to me since I lost the original one?

Really appreciate if you can help.

Thanks,
Bala
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
milind70 has a spectacular aura about milind70 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by balatx
Hello,

My husband had changed jobs on his H1B during which my H4 was also extended from Oct 2008 to Feb 2009. However, we lost the new H4 document alongwith the I-94 paper that comes with it. I have since requested from the attroney a certified copy and received the same.

I now have the following documents with me:

1. H4 stamping stamping on my passport (which we did when my husband was with the previous company)

2. Original I-94 with which I entered US for the first time

3. Attorney certified copy of H4 extension and copy of this new I-94 stub that comes attached with the bottom of petition.

My question is: Is it possible to travel abroad and return back on these documents? If not where can I request a new H4 petition/I-94 be issued to me since I lost the original one?

Really appreciate if you can help.

Thanks,
Bala
To be frank attorney certified copy has no weightage or limited weightage.
The H4 extension is done when the applicant is in US to get the I 94 extended to period of the H1 extsnsion on the basis of which it is filed. Infact for H4 stamping at consulate no one asks you for H4 extension petition but rather the H1 797 petition on whose basis the H4 stamping is to be done.
I think you are in a safe case. i think there is a procedure where in you can request the duplicate copy of H4 petition along with I 94. If you need to request for a replacement I 94 please file form I 102 .
Remember I 94 defines you status in this country not any visa stamp,not any petition. I would get a replacement I 94 immediately.
Regarding travel you can travel out of the country without any issues but it is better to sumbit you latest I 94 when leaving the country.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote