Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
naturelover is on a distinguished road
Default applying L1 and H4 together

I am on H1B visa. Can my fiance schedule an appointment for H4 visa interview when her L1 visa is currently under process? Because, she plans to take up L1 if her MNC company finds her a project at the place where I live in US or else come to US in H4 visa. We are concerned whether the scheduling of H4 visa interview will cancel her L1 visa petition.

Thanks in advance...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2006, 11:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iptel will become famous soon enough
Default contact your attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturelover
I am on H1B visa. Can my fiance schedule an appointment for H4 visa interview when her L1 visa is currently under process? Because, she plans to take up L1 if her MNC company finds her a project at the place where I live in US or else come to US in H4 visa. We are concerned whether the scheduling of H4 visa interview will cancel her L1 visa petition.

Thanks in advance...
naturelover,
Please contact your attorney or take help of other forum like immigrationportal.com as this involves personal situation. The pupose ofIV is to make collective effort to eliminate backlogs/retrogrssion by reaching the countries law-maker and not to provide indivisual counselling.

Admin/Supermoderator,
We should discourage this kind of thread as this is irrelevant to IVs purpose and shadows many relevant thread. All members have problem in some or other way but that doesnt mean we use IVs resource to discuss our indivisual case.

Old 04-23-2006, 02:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
sertasheep will become famous soon enough

I'm assuming you're from India, and spouse is in India right now. I do not know how it is now, but when TTSVisas was handling the appointment for US consulates in India, a mere scheduling of an appointment would not affect any other processing.

It depends on what visa stamp you get latest on your passport. You could get the H4 stamped, and if the L1 comes later, you will in any case need to stamp it. However, that might raise some questions at the consulate as the interviewing officer will realize that one spouse is already in the US on a H1 visa, and the other's following suit on a L1.. might harrass you with more questions.

My opinion only.

Old 04-23-2006, 09:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
knnmbd is on a distinguished road
Default Chill out

Quote:
Originally Posted by iptel
naturelover,
Please contact your attorney or take help of other forum like immigrationportal.com as this involves personal situation. The pupose ofIV is to make collective effort to eliminate backlogs/retrogrssion by reaching the countries law-maker and not to provide indivisual counselling.

Admin/Supermoderator,
We should discourage this kind of thread as this is irrelevant to IVs purpose and shadows many relevant thread. All members have problem in some or other way but that doesnt mean we use IVs resource to discuss our indivisual case.
That just a question from a “not so informed” person on IV with an immigration related concerns. There is no need to pounce on people and folks like this claiming this to be a "specialty" immigration forum for just retrogression related issues and bar them from posting their questions. I have seen hundreds of messages on H4 visa work authorizations and like being discussed here.