Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gauravsh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhira View Post
too bad, but not bad enough. Let me show my battle scars. i was brought on H1B to depress the wage of highly productive american worker. i came and lived with 30 other people on h1 visa in a single 1 bedroom apartment, wrote the all the code for iphone, and depressed wages of native programmers, 200 native programmers lost their job, i was paid $7.53/hr plus 1 meal and 2 cups of coffee a day. i was forced to do yard work for steve jobs at lunch time because i did not get lunch meal. i shipped 3000 jobs offshore and all that work is being done by slumdogs in india. my weight has reduced from 170 pounds to 80 pounds in last 6 years. i won't leave even after my 6 years on h1 has ended, i want to take job from americans - that's the goal of my existence.

To the reporter,

You can cut-paste from my post, it will just save you sometime. I won't tell anybody, does anyone know the meaning of "plagiarism". i don't, because i am not highly skilled, i am just some exploited sorry being on h1, is anybody listening, does anyone care?
Mine was even worse I was hoping to get a business class ticket but my employer provided only economy class.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravsh View Post
Mine was even worse I was hoping to get a business class ticket but my employer provided only economy class.
that's not fair, my story is better, the reporter should cover my story, it has all the bells and whistles, you can't ask for more, shammon, see I even say the word "common" like michael jackson, you got to give me that.

it will be very unfair if i don't get covered in this exploitation story, please please cover my story, i am in chains, exploited, and if it helps anyway, my employer beats me everyday, i am dying, what more do you want me to say

Last edited by ronhira; 07-07-2009 at 06:46 PM.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

silence, that's it, nothing in return. after telling the "true" story of my life all that i get is silence. i demand my story in business week, where is this reporter now?

now don't write about h1s being exploited without anyone on h1 visa in the story

email me at giveme@flyingfcuk.com

Old 07-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare

i wonder if slumdogs like me qualify for the story of this reporter. does anyone know?

Old 07-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare

i am thinking of starting a business venture - www.h1bgrunt.com - telling the story of my exploitation

soon my heroics will be covered in the poems on business week, i am a true hero, just like matloff and that kevin guy, if you doubt that, just wait for this reporter writing poems about slumdogs

Last edited by ronhira; 07-07-2009 at 07:31 PM.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future
Default Employer took away my Laptop and Black Berry

My employer is turning evil on me, they took away my laptop and Black Berry. I think cyber bullies are responsible for that.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_wow View Post
My employer is turning evil on me, they took away my laptop and Black Berry. I think cyber bullies are responsible for that.
that's a conspiracy of employers, they want to exploit slumdog indians and they are making sure we are not stealing the job of americans, what will we do now? employer taking away laptop and blackberry is clearly exploitation and violation of human rights. is business week listening, where is this reporter

Old 07-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare

my dear businessweek, please read this before i get banned again. email me if you need more information about exploitation of h1s

Old 07-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute

Moira,

Welcome to Immigration Voice as a member. Thanks for acknowledging the fact that voice of employment-based immigrants is not covered adequately by the media.

As you can see, our members are not "indentured servants" as your anti-immigrant buddies are fond of calling them. They stand up for their rights, and aren't afraid of complaining against abuses. Immigration Voice community has always supported EB immigrants fighting for their rights under the law.

I share your concerns about the incidents of H1B abuses by certain employers. These incidents happen as the law does not protect immigration or non-immigrant status of the visa holder who complains. That person will have to go back to his/her home country as his/her visa will be cancelled as soon as H1B violations by their employer is proven. This punishes the employee along with the employer.

I would not be surprised if the original poster (OP) and others choose to not contact you as this could result in investigations against their employer and cancellation of their visa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessWeek View Post
Hi,

I am working with a colleague at BusinessWeek on employer abuses of the H-1B visa program. We are trying to include the voices of as many visa holders as possible, as too often they are left out of coverage on the issue. Please let me know if you are available to discuss the problems you encountered. I understand these issues are sensitive, so I can keep your name confidential if you choose.

Thank you,
Moira

Last edited by Administrator2; 07-08-2009 at 05:27 PM.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Matt Smith is on a distinguished road
Default RE: The Desi consultancy that cheated you...

Fantastic -- I'm Matt Smith, a staff journalist at The Center for Investigative Reporting
( cironline.org/person/matt-smith )
We're doing an investigative project for television, print and radio on continuing bad practices by Desi consultancies. Can I talk with you about your experience? I can be reached at msmith@cironline.org, and at 510-809-3160 xt. 373

Kindly,
Matt

Old 02-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/05/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kingvijay is a splendid one to behold kingvijay is a splendid one to behold kingvijay is a splendid one to behold kingvijay is a splendid one to behold kingvijay is a splendid one to behold kingvijay is a splendid one to behold kingvijay is a splendid one to behold kingvijay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
my dear businessweek, please read this before i get banned again. email me if you need more information about exploitation of h1s
If you read her articles on Business Week, she seems to be quoting an immigration expert 'Ron Hira' extensively.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:02 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i am thinking of starting a business venture - www.h1bgrunt.com - telling the story of my exploitation

soon my heroics will be covered in the poems on business week, i am a true hero, just like matloff and that kevin guy, if you doubt that, just wait for this reporter writing poems about slumdogs
Your bsuiness will have better prospects if you replace "gr" with "c" in your domain name