Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
fantastic will become famous soon enough fantastic will become famous soon enough
Default Complaint against Employer

Hi All,

I would like to complaint against a desi consultant who cheated me.

Here's my story.
I filled my H1b petition this year through a desi consultant based in Texas. Initially before filling I asked him If he has a job/position for me and he said yes and so there is no problem in filling for your h1. He asked me to pay $2500 as filling fee for H1 petition, which I paid as I was not aware at that time that H1b fees is to be paid by the employer. Later on receiving a RFE from USCIS , he didnot responded to it saying that he doesnot have a project for me as a result my h1b petition got denied.

I would like to know where can I file a complaint against him , to set a enquiry against this fake company.

Thanks in advance.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
edaltsis has a spectacular aura about edaltsis has a spectacular aura about edaltsis has a spectacular aura about

No company (alteast the so called "desi" consulting companies) will ever say they have a job for you when they file your H1 (period). Do you have written confirmation on that? Which client were you interviewed for and did they confirm you a job? If he said he has a job for you then why did you pay the filing fee
(knowing that you will be making money in the form of salary), it shows that he filed at your interest and now its your frustration about the lost money. I believe USCIS will not refund any fee once paid.

:: Note that I'm not talking for/against you nor the company. ::

Last edited by edaltsis; 06-24-2009 at 07:27 PM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/03/2012
Compare
hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute

If you have the copy of the check you gave to the company or any other proof. It is definitely worth your time to complain against the company. You may get your money back from them.

--This is my personal view--

Old 07-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BusinessWeek is on a distinguished road
Default Complaint against employer/BusinessWeek story

Hi,

I am working with a colleague at BusinessWeek on employer abuses of the H-1B visa program. We are trying to include the voices of as many visa holders as possible, as too often they are left out of coverage on the issue. Please let me know if you are available to discuss the problems you encountered. I understand these issues are sensitive, so I can keep your name confidential if you choose.

Thank you,
Moira

Last edited by Administrator2; 07-08-2009 at 05:18 PM.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future
Default Hi

I have been working on H1b for 5 years now.My employer has been good to me so far.

There are some employers who used to abuse H1b, now it looks like all loop holes has been plugged, it is almost impossible to get an extension even your case in a strongcase.
USCIS also abuses people who want to get GreenCard. I have applied for a green card 2 years back.Till to date USCIS have not provided any update on what is going on with my application.When I call USCIS I am getting a generic message from the service rep that my case is pending.Mean while I have to shell thousands of dollars to apply EADs, Advanced Paroles and USCIS fee.With the amount of fee they charge including lawyer fee 95% of the world would not be even able to apply for immigration any more.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2006
Compare
sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcformeornot View Post
sounds like a fake user to me......
Moira Herbst

For something thats easy to verify - what would a fake user gain?
EAD/ AP approved Feb'2007
I140 and 485 approved - July 2007
GC received July 2007

Old 07-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all

Exactly....it is NOT the consulting companies fault....you tried to use it to your advantage - which didn't work out! It is YOU who tried to abuse the system and not the company .

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaltsis View Post
No company (alteast the so called "desi" consulting companies) will ever say they have a job for you when they file your H1 (period). Do you have written confirmation on that? Which client were you interviewed for and did they confirm you a job? If he said he has a job for you then why did you pay the filing fee
(knowing that you will be making money in the form of salary), it shows that he filed at your interest and now its your frustration about the lost money. I believe USCIS will not refund any fee once paid.

:: Note that I'm not talking for/against you nor the company. ::

Old 07-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Compare
crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of

Hey... she's pretty hot lookin'..... dontcha think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayantan76 View Post
Moira Herbst

For something thats easy to verify - what would a fake user gain?

Old 07-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all

Whoever you are......I repeat my post above...........it is the NOT employers who are abusing the system....it is the INDIVIDUAL seeking an H1 who tries to cheat the system.

[quote=BusinessWeek;471983]Hi,

I am working with a colleague at BusinessWeek on employer abuses of the H-1B visa program. We are trying to include the voices of as many visa holders as possible, as too often they are left out of coverage on the issue. Please let me know if you are available to discuss the problems you encountered. I understand these issues are sensitive, so I can keep your name confidential if you choose.

Thank you,
Moira

Last edited by Administrator2; 07-08-2009 at 05:19 PM.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moira - How about writing our side of the story?

[/quote]

Moira,

I am assuming it is really you. How about writing our side of the story. Being a journalist, how about talking to people on both sides before you publish an article painting everyone with the same brush. There are few who abuse the H1B, but there are tons of other are are genuinely using H1B visas. We support the US economy, make very good living, buy homes, pay taxes, pay SSN and Medicare but still are stuck waiting for years to obtain our Green Cards because of the bureaucracy and complete non-transparency in USCIS. We follow all the rules year after year, maintain a clean history, renewing our H1B, EADs and APs but have no sign of our Employment based Green Card.

Are you a journalist true to your profession or a person whose motive is to create hatred against legal immigrants??

Participated in Advocacy Day - April 2011
Participated in DC Rally - Sept 2007
Texas State Chapter - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/texasiv

Last edited by Administrator2; 07-08-2009 at 05:19 PM.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessWeek View Post
Hi,

Thank you,
Moira
Moira Herbst,

You seem to have become the mouthpiece of anti-immigrants and racists in this country. You quote every anti-immigrant organization in USA ( without validating the information ) to come up with an article on H1B/Immigration.

Hearsay reporting is no reporting at all. A good reporter should be doing an in depth study of information collected from different sources and arriving at sensible conclusion.

Please contact info@immigrationvoice.org to contact Immigration voice core team who would help you with a balanced view of H1B/immigration issues.

I urge to be a responsible journalist living up to Business Weeks standards.

Thanks
gc28262

Last edited by Administrator2; 07-08-2009 at 05:20 PM.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I can!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessWeek View Post
Hi,

Thank you,
Moira
Hello Moira, I can help you. But I am happy with my employer till date and I am not a victim of an employer. I am victim of US of A century old immigration policy that they are trying to fit in 21st century.

They have managed to waste a total of 225,000 visas over years due to "administrative" delays and now they have lost those numbers due to "use or loose policy". Now there are approximately 225,000 applications all completed but pending Visa numbers.

CIS & Dept. of State have confirmed this point in the hearing of H.R. 5882 in congress last year late spring. If they pass that rule, most people who have long term interest in this country including me will be invensting roots here by buying houses etc.

That will also help administration enforce rules on the H1B's as the number is going to be small and history is short. Otherwise, you are talking about people from last decade or so on H1B here. It will be a very long history and difficult to track.

If you want more details on this, Pls. send me a personal message, I will contact you directly and we can take this from there.

Last edited by Administrator2; 07-08-2009 at 05:21 PM.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
CharlieC will become famous soon enough CharlieC will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Economy needs Hope not Fear

You may want to research on the below:

How many immigrants are waiting for Green Cards
How much money they saved, how much knowledge they acquired and is ready to be lost to outsourcing because of loss of Hope on getting Green Cards in near future.
How the spending and travel of these legal immigrants has reduced to bare minimum.
What is their buying power and how many homes, cars and other assets Immigrants can buy and would have bought if Green card is approved.

How many companies are already dependent on their talent.
How many companies are ready to outsource these jobs and how many immigrants will take the jobs with them because they already established the relationship with employer.

How many of them have children born in US and are US citizens and will return even if they are kicked out now. What will be lost is the talent, energy, money and most importantly the attraction.

Government is focusing on doing their best to identify and remove Immigrants who do not have advanced degree. The truth is in 90’s and early 2000, talent and experience is more valued than degrees. The smartest took the jobs that where ready for them. Most of the major achievers in software never had time to complete PHDs and Masters degree.

This country was built on hope and freedom. Take that out, it will be no different to fallen British empire.

Make us work hard, we are ready to sacrifice everything. Take away our freedom, we shall fly away.

As Thomas l. friedman quoted in his recent book ‘Hot, Flat, and Crowded’
“America was exporting Hope, it is now exporting Fear”

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
Default Same for me!

Same for me.......My employer has paid each and every legal fee until now and they will continue paying in the future! Given that, let's talk about USCIS 'abusing' the system with lost visa numbers and delays in administrative processing

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbkris77 View Post
Hello Moira, I can help you. But I am happy with my employer till date and I am not a victim of an employer. I am victim of US of A century old immigration policy that they are trying to fit in 21st century.

They have managed to waste a total of 225,000 visas over years due to "administrative" delays and now they have lost those numbers due to "use or loose policy". Now there are approximately 225,000 applications all completed but pending Visa numbers.

CIS & Dept. of State have confirmed this point in the hearing of H.R. 5882 in congress last year late spring. If they pass that rule, most people who have long term interest in this country including me will be invensting roots here by buying houses etc.

That will also help administration enforce rules on the H1B's as the number is going to be small and history is short. Otherwise, you are talking about people from last decade or so on H1B here. It will be a very long history and difficult to track.

If you want more details on this, Pls. send me a personal message, I will contact you directly and we can take this from there.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Default mut bhoolo

hot hi to watt lagati hai mere dost

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyghoda View Post
Hey... she's pretty hot lookin'..... dontcha think?

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

--------------------------
Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2028.