Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
slc_ut is a jewel in the rough slc_ut is a jewel in the rough slc_ut is a jewel in the rough slc_ut is a jewel in the rough
Default Visa appointment dates in Chennai consulate

I am planning to take visa appointment in Chennai consulate for my 8th year H-1B extension and my wife's H-4. When i checked the vfs website yesterday, dates were open for last week of Sep'2006. Today it is already showing only dates in Nov'2006 as open dates. Howcome Oct'2006 dates never showed up. Were the appointments finished that fast for Oct'2006 ? Any other members who observed this, please post your thoughts.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/14/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold

Hello,
I have recently taken an appoinment at chennai consulate for nov.. I had been looking into these dates for some time .. The website was showing october dates 2 weeks ago and once in a whle sept dates .. but recently they moved on to nov dates .. I guess oct dates might be full .. but could open up now and then as people withdraw and reschedule appoinments .. as of now i guess nov dates are available for appoinment

Old 05-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
slc_ut is a jewel in the rough slc_ut is a jewel in the rough slc_ut is a jewel in the rough slc_ut is a jewel in the rough

hi, thanks for info. But one more question. Yes, now and then a date in Oct' 2006 is showing up. But, it will take time to fill all the forms after i proceed. What are the chances that i will get that date when other people are competing in real-time? Please post a reply.

Old 05-29-2006, 10:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/14/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold

Hi,
You can fill up these forms save and exit without picking a date ..
after u have save ur application it shouldnt take more than a minute when u want to pick a date .. I guess u got keeping looking ..

Old 05-29-2006, 10:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
admin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by slc_ut
hi, thanks for info. But one more question. Yes, now and then a date in Oct' 2006 is showing up. But, it will take time to fill all the forms after i proceed. What are the chances that i will get that date when other people are competing in real-time? Please post a reply.
As per http://www.murthyindia.com/content/em_appt.html if you're working in the US and are returning back to work, you can qualify for emergency quota. Is this a viable option? My travel dates in Aug / Sep / Oct are not confirmed yet and so I am planning to take an emergency appointment only.

Old 05-29-2006, 11:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/12/2007
Compare
gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold
Default Don't bank on Emergency Quota

I recently got back from India and got my stamping done in New Delhi instead of Chennai. I tried taking the emergency quota option in Chennai and was not successful. I got fed up with the system and opted for New Delhi and the stamping process went without a hitch.

One thing I would suggest is to take all your previous H1 original docs as the consular asked me for mine to make sure I was always in status.

Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
As per http://www.murthyindia.com/content/em_appt.html if you're working in the US and are returning back to work, you can qualify for emergency quota. Is this a viable option? My travel dates in Aug / Sep / Oct are not confirmed yet and so I am planning to take an emergency appointment only.

Old 05-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ryanjoe_99 is on a distinguished road
Default emergency appointment

I have an emergency to go to India to take care of my sickly mom and I need to return back to work on July first. I am also trying to get emergency appointment. I couldnt. Could you please suggest the way I can get emergency appointment in any of the consulate.

Old 05-29-2006, 12:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/12/2007
Compare
gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold
Default Try calling the VFS folks

I think if you call them then they might be able to set up the emergency appt. I got a bit frustrated by their process so I never called them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjoe_99
I have an emergency to go to India to take care of my sickly mom and I need to return back to work on July first. I am also trying to get emergency appointment. I couldnt. Could you please suggest the way I can get emergency appointment in any of the consulate.

Old 05-29-2006, 01:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nlalchandani will become famous soon enough
Default Availability times for visa appt

Is there any specific time the appointments show available..IST or CST..Maybe they have a batch job that runs and makes appt available ..

Old 05-29-2006, 06:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

OK Prashant, got it. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashant
Hi,
You can fill up these forms save and exit without picking a date ..
after u have save ur application it shouldnt take more than a minute when u want to pick a date .. I guess u got keeping looking ..

Old 05-30-2006, 12:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute
Default sent u a pm pls respond

Quote:

sent u a pm pls respond. thanks

Old 09-14-2006, 12:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-00
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ravi is on a distinguished road
Default Emergecy Appointment Please Help

I am eligible for emeregency appointment as I am coming to India to
attend visa interview as I got new i-20 for MBA program starting january
2007. Please I request you to provide me information on how to shcedule
intervie before dec10, 2006, so that accordingly I will buy the
flight tickets.

My international advisor in school will also provide me recommendation
if needed for emergency appointment, showing my need.

Old 09-14-2006, 01:26 AM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aj_jadeja is on a distinguished road

now days there is a SEPRATE quota for RETURNING WORKERS in Us consulte for renewing stamp. I used it 6 months ago. I Went to VFS on 23rd Nov 2005 and got appt for 30th Nov for stamping @ mumbai consultate. Got stamped and collected passport same evening in person.

hope this helps .

Old 09-14-2006, 02:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
perm2gc will become famous soon enough perm2gc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
You can get appointment in any consulate in india for VISA revalidation.You can call them and collect more information.

https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/Home.aspx

Last edited by perm2gc; 09-14-2006 at 02:39 AM.

Old 09-14-2006, 08:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Compare
caforum2 is a jewel in the rough caforum2 is a jewel in the rough caforum2 is a jewel in the rough caforum2 is a jewel in the rough

for folks in US, you don't need to go to Chennai, You can chose whichever consulate you want. I choose New Delhi instead of Chennai recently and got appointment in 15 days in advance. I know Oct is full in Delhi, Kolkatta, Chennai and Mumbai. I would wait till Sept 20th to see Oct dats. Usually people book appointments and change the dates only closer to interview date.