Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Member's Only Forum > State Chapters > Washington (WA)
Click to log in with Facebook
Washington (WA) Washington (WA)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute
Default WA/OR State chapter, Please join Group

Calling all WA State (OR also) IV members to join yahoo group. We need to coordinate stuff and contact all of you as a group, so please join the yahoo group created for channelizing IV message, organizing and sharing the vision and bringing awareness to Northwest region on Legal Immigration issues.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WA_Immigration_Voice/

Thanks and appreciate your help

Last edited by seahawks; 09-09-2007 at 01:52 PM. Reason: spell mistake
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ bump ^^^

Old 09-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of

Calling all WASHINGTONIANS!!! Pls respond!!!

Old 09-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of

^^^ bump ^^^

Old 09-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare

We have very little time on our hands. This is calling all WASHINGTONIANS. Lets do something & make a difference!

Old 09-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

REDMOND HEROS
BELLEVUE CHAMPIONS
KIRKLAND STARS

COME ON MARINERS - LETS MOVE THE RAINIER LETS BRING THE CASCADES TO DC

Old 09-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare

^^^ bump ^^^

WA State Chapter group.

Old 09-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oreganians

HILLSBORO
GRESHAM
LYOOD CENTER
BEAVERTON
SALEM
EUGENE
VANCOUVER

LETS MOVE THE MOUNT HOOD
LETS BRING ST HELENS TO DC

Old 09-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare

With inspiration from the TX chapter thread "Simple Math"

Dear WA IV Members:

We have approx. 3 people representing WA attending the DC Rally. I am sure many of you fall in either of this categories:

a. Family reasons
b. Economic reasons
c. Work reasons
d. Ignorance - I don't care.

I honestly would love for those who fall under category D to look back and do some simple math:

I am sure most of you earn between $25 to $35 /hour, aka. An average of $30/hour (pre-tax). There are 176 paid work hours a month. Which puts you in the range ~ $60,000/yr (pre-tax).

Those of you waiting for a GC, have some sort of an agreement with your employer (verbal/written). Let's assume that your employer with some calculation makes adjustments to your pay, reasoning that they need to bear the expenses for lawyer fees, application fees etc.

That's approximately $2500 for a 3 yr H1B work visa. The employer obviously marks up this cost as a result your pay decreases to $55,000.

Lets ballpark ~$10,000 towards the following:

a. Attorney fees
b. Job Advertisement
c. PERM
d. 140
e. 485
f. Number of Hours spent by you to the make the above steps happen.

THE ABOVE ARE VERY CONSERVATIVE ESTIMATES.

Imagine what a GC would do to your paycheck! Your $55,000, with just a GC, would put you on par with everyone else for jobs in your field of expertise. Your pay scale has the potential to jump to $80,000/year (Conservative estimates).

Thats an increase of 45%.

The total cost you have so far spent in staying legal in order to work in a highly skilled job while waiting for your GC is:

$5,000 (6 yr H1B)+ $10,000 (I-485 pending) = $15,000

The total cost of your trip to Washington DC would be in the range of $400 (Including lodging expenses). This represents 3% of the total cost you have spent waiting for your GC.

Assuming that by attending the DC rally, the lawmakers take notice and a special legislation is passed to expedite GC applications and provide sweeping temporary status to those waiting for 485 adjustment of status which would give you the same privileges as a GC would give,

YOUR INVESTMENT OF 3% JUST GOT YOU A 45% INCREASE IN YOUR ANNUAL SALARY.

If that is not a reason for you to stand up now and help yourself to that return on your investment, either you are a bad investor, or related to the likes of Gates, Bezos and Buffet families.

YOUR ARE NOT WASTING YOUR TIME IN ATTENDING THIS RALLY. YOU ARE HELPING YOURSELF TO A BETTER LIFE. I CAN'T MAKE DECISIONS FOR YOU. I CAN ONLY HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THE POTENTIAL. YOU HAVE TO MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS FOR YOUR OWN LIFE.

The cost of attending this rally say 300-400 whatever but the Rally has the potential of eradicating the disease of Retrogression - IF WE ALL CAN SHOW STRENGTH IN NUMBERS. EAD+AP cost for 1 year is $644... For 6 yrs of wait you will be spending 3500-3600 or even more if the rates change in a retrogressed world PLUS other disadvantages/hassles that we already know.

Remember IV is just a platform with some LOGICAL and PRACTICAL agenda before Congress - if we do not stand up and show our heads NO ONE IS GOING TO LISTEN TO AGENDAS.

Come on folks - its our chance to save some hardearned money over the next few years by investing in the rally.

Lets all stand up at DC and show them numbers.

Please consider helping people who want to come but the expenses are prohibitive due to some pressing situation.

Enroll your name in one of the databases:

Old 09-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare

Please spare some time & thought & decide to be in DC at the rally.

WA State Chapter group.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare

Please join the group, guys we will need all of your support. Please sign up on the yahoo groups if you are from WA/Oregon. Lets unite and channelize our efforts to make the rally a success.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare

We had 2 more users join the WA Chapter. Welcome aboard! We need more....

WA State Chapter group.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare

^^^ bump ^^^

WA State Chapter group.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare

^^^ bump ^^^

WA State Chapter group.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare

Calling all WASHINGTONIANS!!! Rise & shine....

WA State Chapter group.