Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > FREE Lawyer conference calls
Click to log in with Facebook
FREE Lawyer conference calls This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_hoosier View Post
When did you visit the German consulate ? After April 5th or before Dec 2009 ??
I visited in Dec 2009. I don't know if thibgs have changed in 6 months.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
ntpatil will become famous soon enough

I called Lufthansa here in the US. Asked them about this mess, but they said that they do not have any info and told me to contact German embassy. However, she made one thing clear that if ATV is required for journey from USA to India, they will stop us at the airport here itself. She said that the agents check all the required documentation before issuing boarding passes. I just wanted to know if this is true and if they will be stopped here rather than in Germany. Stopping from leaving here is OK for me. Let me know your thoughts.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntpatil View Post
I called Lufthansa here in the US. Asked them about this mess, but they said that they do not have any info and told me to contact German embassy. However, she made one thing clear that if ATV is required for journey from USA to India, they will stop us at the airport here itself. She said that the agents check all the required documentation before issuing boarding passes. I just wanted to know if this is true and if they will be stopped here rather than in Germany. Stopping from leaving here is OK for me. Let me know your thoughts.
When I got back from HYD on April 4th, the people at the check in counter are aware of AP and didn't create any problems. Then security check and boarded the plane.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/25/2005
Compare
DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute

Oh shoot, thats totally F'ed up . I too have already booked the tickets for June via frankfurt and return. 485 pending, no valid stamped visa only AP. But I do have Canadian GC too.
Now your email says that there is an exception for Canadian PR holders:

Quote:
Just to complete the information, documents according to letter b),
documents which always exempt from the obligation to have an Airport Transit visa are:

Canada:
-permanent resident card (plastic card)
So if one holds the canadian PR card but is returning to US and not Canada is it considered valid exemption for not having the airport transit visa?
Gurus please advice....

Old 05-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare

I think Canadian PR would be useful if your destination country is Canada. What is the point in having a Canadian PR and travelling to USA. But again, this is just my assumption.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/25/2005
Compare
DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute

In near future these bastards would also ask us to get an shit in Germany visa to use toilet on their airplane and transit airport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvenkat View Post
Wonder why we need to use these airlines that require a transit visa. That is just insane. A visa for what? using their airport for two hours. It is beyond ridiculous.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/25/2005
Compare

The reason I hope they might allow Canadian PR to travel to US (on AP) without transit visa is because (in the email posted on earlier post) for the valid visa point, it says explicitly that if you are travelling to that country. But for Canadian PR it does not say that you can use it only if you are travelling to Canada.

Quote:
I think Canadian PR would be useful if your destination country is Canada. What is the point in having a Canadian PR and travelling to USA. But again, this is just my assumption.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLStart View Post
The reason I hope they might allow Canadian PR to travel to US (on AP) without transit visa is because (in the email posted on earlier post) for the valid visa point, it says explicitly that if you are travelling to that country. But for Canadian PR it does not say that you can use it only if you are travelling to Canada.
Another option for you would be to apply for ATV in India when you are there. That is what I am going to do. It is about Rs. 4000 per person, but worth the peace of mind. Next time I am traveling either non-stop or through pacific route. No more through Europe

Old 05-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/25/2005
Compare

But one of the main required document to get even ATV is to have an valid US visa in your PP. Do you have one in your PP? If we had that then why we would even need their crap ATV?

Quote:
Another option for you would be to apply for ATV in India when you are there. That is what I am going to do. It is about Rs. 4000 per person, but worth the peace of mind. Next time I am traveling either non-stop or through pacific route. No more through Europe

Old 05-13-2010, 06:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
raj19720926 has a reputation beyond repute raj19720926 has a reputation beyond repute raj19720926 has a reputation beyond repute raj19720926 has a reputation beyond repute raj19720926 has a reputation beyond repute raj19720926 has a reputation beyond repute raj19720926 has a reputation beyond repute raj19720926 has a reputation beyond repute raj19720926 has a reputation beyond repute raj19720926 has a reputation beyond repute raj19720926 has a reputation beyond repute

I called to Boston German Consulate again and they said they can issue a ATV on basis of AP in a day ...there is no need of appointment ...it seems that they have appoinment system only in some consulates where there is lot of rush....to get german visa.....

I have been going to german conulate web sites for USA locations and Indian locations as well .....yes there is a difference in language etc about ATV rules .....but we have to rememebr that all the German Consulate sites in their India location will not necessary detial about AP holders as majority of Indian living in India are not having AP when they are living in India these sites are tailored for Locals.....users.....and may the visa officers working on the Indian loacation are not that much aware of US AP as compared to US VISA in comparision of their staff working in their USA based consulates......

That must be the reason they list visa and not nesessary detail about the AP but I am sure they will not deny u the right to apply for a ATV visa.....in INDIA if u explain u had no time in USA to get a ATV.....( Plus they are earning Money any ways should not matter to them if they collect from a usa based or India based consulate it all goes to the same country - Germany )

Old 05-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ogacihc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks a lot for your reply ogacihc, since they are travelling on 19th, I do not have time at all. I am also confused and the more I talk to people the more I am confused. But you will know only if you get experiences from others...hence I keep asking.

Are you applying for ATV when going to India from here, or you will go with the email printout.
In Chicago, this freakin shit Emabassy shows the Earliest Available appointment date is End of may and I am travelling on May 27th. So no way that I can get this so called Shit.

What I am surprised at is , we are not even going through the German immigration. its just the Airport and Airlines staff at the gate checking our PP and boarding pass. Right?
Its just a stop over for refueling or whatever it is and we are at the same gate.

Man, What the heck , I don't understand. and I don't know what to do.

I don't know why they do this to people like us?

Old 05-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
smaram1 is on a distinguished road
Default Very Inconsistent replies

I am also going on June 5th...

I also got a reply saying that we dont need transit visa...I will go with that printed email and hopefully they will listen to me...

Logistics wont work out for me to go to chicago and get the stamping done before June 5th..

I know a friend who has AP who came back to USA in May and he had no issues...So it totally depends on officer there...
485 RD- July 2nd 2007 at NSC
Approved 08/18/2010

Old 05-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BKY is infamous around these parts BKY is infamous around these parts BKY is infamous around these parts
Default Different offices, Different replies

I send email to NY,DC and Houston Germal Consulates.

Didn't recieved reply from DC office yet.

NY Office replied as Transit Visa is required for AP holders.

Houston office replied as Transit Visa not required fro AP holders.

I called AIR India multiple times and they said NO Transit Visa is required.

Usually if that is required, the Air Lines should stop us even before boarding the flight.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ogacihc is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKY View Post

Usually if that is required, the Air Lines should stop us even before boarding the flight.
Hey BYK,

I think you should forward all the emails that you received from different offices with different opinions to the D.C German Consulate(HQ) and ask them what we are suppsed to do in this situation and who should we believe?
Ask them if they could put a clear cut information on their main website whether AP is accepted or not to avoid this confusion.

Thanks

Old 05-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKY View Post

Hi BKY,

Can you share the email address of the DC embassy. I could not find any email on their website for Washington DC embassy. I called multiple times to the visa section, but no-one is picking up.