Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > FREE Lawyer conference calls
Click to log in with Facebook
FREE Lawyer conference calls This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/04/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/04/2004
Compare
vhd999 has a reputation beyond repute vhd999 has a reputation beyond repute vhd999 has a reputation beyond repute vhd999 has a reputation beyond repute vhd999 has a reputation beyond repute vhd999 has a reputation beyond repute vhd999 has a reputation beyond repute vhd999 has a reputation beyond repute vhd999 has a reputation beyond repute vhd999 has a reputation beyond repute vhd999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recent travel

Last week my wife came through Frankfurt from India and used AP with no ATV. No issues !

I guess sooner or later they will start enforcing the rule and it is safe to carry ATV.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nid is on a distinguished road
Default Email for DC office

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntpatil View Post
Hi BKY,

Can you share the email address of the DC embassy. I could not find any email on their website for Washington DC embassy. I called multiple times to the visa section, but no-one is picking up.
You would have to use the Contact link on the top to send a message.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute

I have sent an e-mail to the Chicago consulate to clarify. Will post here once they respond.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ogacihc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_hoosier View Post
I have sent an e-mail to the Chicago consulate to clarify. Will post here once they respond.
I sent 2 emails to the chicago office and also tried to call them. No response.
Worst Embassy ever

Old 05-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
ntpatil will become famous soon enough

Here is my deal. I sent emails to Boston, Chicago, LA and Houston. Boston and Chicago says required. LA and Houston say not required. Sent an email to DC office but no reply yet.

I think they are just trying to make money and the folks over there dont even know what we are talking about. They just hear India and No US Visa and say Transit Visa is required.

Total Dhakkan...

Old 05-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Here is my deal. I sent emails to Boston, Chicago, LA and Houston. Boston and Chicago says required. LA and Houston say not required. Sent an email to DC office but no reply yet.

I think they are just trying to make money and the folks over there dont even know what we are talking about. They just hear India and No US Visa and say Transit Visa is required.

Total Dhakkan...
I will be travelling on Jun 25th from DFW. I sent an email to Houston consulate twice. First time was in 2nd week of Apr and one yesterday. Both times, I got a one line reply as below:

"no airport transit visa required"

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Sincerely,
E. Simmang
Visa Officer

Consulate of the Federal Republic of Germany
1330 Post Oak Blvd, Ste 1850
Houston, TX 77056

Tel: (713) 572-9090
Fax: (713) 627-0506
e-mail: rk-visa100@hous.diplo.de

Old 05-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/20/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/18/2007
Compare
whereismyGC is on a distinguished road
Default Applied for ATV

I just went to German consulate at San Francisco and applied for a ATV for my wife. My wife is traveling to India on last week of May. The lady at the counter told that the rules have changed and if you are using AP you need a ATV. She also mentioned that it will take 3-4 days for issuing the visa. Thanks to OP for bringing this to attention.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by whereismyGC View Post
I just went to German consulate at San Francisco and applied for a ATV for my wife. My wife is traveling to India on last week of May. The lady at the counter told that the rules have changed and if you are using AP you need a ATV. She also mentioned that it will take 3-4 days for issuing the visa. Thanks to OP for bringing this to attention.
Did she mean that we need ATV while coming back to USA. I do not have time now to apply from here. I am thinking of going back there and applying in India before coming back.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/20/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/18/2007
Compare

Quote:
Did she mean that we need ATV while coming back to USA. I do not have time now to apply from here. I am thinking of going back there and applying in India before coming back.
I did not ask that specifically. In my wife's case she is staying in middle east for a month and then traveling to India. She also mentioned that we can use the same ATV for her to and fro journey if it is within 3 months.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BKY is infamous around these parts BKY is infamous around these parts BKY is infamous around these parts

ntpatil,

Following is the link.

German Missions in the United States - Contact

Send emails to all consulates through that email.
whoever says that's not required, take the print of that and carry that while travelling.

So far, no body complained about any bad experience at Frankfurt regarding ATV.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by whereismyGC View Post
I did not ask that specifically. In my wife's case she is staying in middle east for a month and then traveling to India. She also mentioned that we can use the same ATV for her to and fro journey if it is within 3 months.
On their requirements they state that we do not need an ATV when we are traveling to the country to which we are citizens of. I your case, since you had time you were able to apply. In my case they are traveling on 19th and there is no way to get it from here. So, I was thinking of applying from there for the coming back scenario.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/20/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/18/2007
Compare

Quote:
On their requirements they state that we do not need an ATV when we are traveling to the country to which we are citizens of. I your case, since you had time you were able to apply. In my case they are traveling on 19th and there is no way to get it from here. So, I was thinking of applying from there for the coming back scenario.
I believe you guys should be fine. Make sure to apply for ATV as soon as you guys reach India. Good Luck!

Old 05-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute

Spoke with Houston - they said no ATV required.
Spoke with NYC/Chicago - both say ATV required for holders of A/P.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/24/2002
Compare
sreekanth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogacihc View Post
In Chicago, this freakin shit Emabassy shows the Earliest Available appointment date is End of may and I am travelling on May 27th. So no way that I can get this so called Shit.

What I am surprised at is , we are not even going through the German immigration. its just the Airport and Airlines staff at the gate checking our PP and boarding pass. Right?
Its just a stop over for refueling or whatever it is and we are at the same gate.

Man, What the heck , I don't understand. and I don't know what to do.

I don't know why they do this to people like us?
Try sending them an E-mail explaining your situation and requesting an emergency appointment. (it is difficult to get them over the phone)
I applied for visa today. The lady mentioned that I would be getting it in 3 days.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ogacihc is on a distinguished road

Does anyone have the email IDS of all these consulates in the USA?
This way I could send emails to all of them one shot, rather than going to their website and sending it one at a time.
Then, I could forward these emails to their DC HQ showing the difference in their opinion among their consulates.