Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > FREE Lawyer conference calls
Click to log in with Facebook
FREE Lawyer conference calls This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 02:27 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 69
gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold
Default

Are there anyone who is in the same boat as myself.
Applied for 485 @NSC but got moved to a different service center TSC and also ported from eb3 to eb2? 140 approved from NSC.

did u get your GC? Please share what all u did? Thanks
__________________
I'm not an attorney. So, please refrain from treating above info as legal.
Finally GREENED!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2007
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 13
satyachowdary is infamous around these parts satyachowdary is infamous around these parts
Default Congrats

Congrats, Iluvcric.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #18 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 10:17 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 935
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Did not get GC but got this automated reply from TSC

I sent email to the above 2 email address pointed out by our buddy here. Its been 3 weeks+ that I'm current after porting but my lawyer wants to wait more , so I sent this email. Anyway , its not wrong because my I-485 was filed by myself (on my own) and my wife's 485 was filed by this lawyer after the Eb3-Eb2 porting.

Looks like we have to wait 90 days now.

****************************
Thank you for contacting the USCIS Texas Service Center (TSC) with information about your employment-based I-485. This automated response is to acknowledge receipt of your email.

The purpose of this email account is to provide a method by which applicants can inform the TSC of certain situations involving I-485s. Those situations include:

1. notifying TSC when an applicant is eligible for porting under AC21;
2. notifying TSC when an applicant has multiple approved I-140s and one has a current priority date;
3. notifying TSC when an applicant is eligible for cross-country chargeability; and
4. notifying TSC when an applicant has a case that should be transferred due to eligibility for adjustment on another basis (i.e. based on an I-130 with a current visa date).

Please note that we will not respond to every email received at this email address unless we require additional information about your case.

You should expect an action to be taken on the application/petition within 90 days. If you do not receive a decision, a request for evidence, or other notice on the case within 90 days, you may then send one follow up inquiry to this email box. Please include a copy of the previous email for TSC to reference and put the words 'FOLLOW UP - 90+ days" in the subject line. Multiple follow-up requests on the same matter or follow up requests made before 90 days have passed will not receive a response.

This email account does not replace general inquiry processes that are in place for USCIS; general inquiries received at this email account will not be addressed.

For general inquiries regarding information and assistance on immigration services and benefits, please call the USCIS National Customer Service Center at: 1-800-375-5283 (TTY 1-800-767-1833)

Thank you.
***********************************

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcmangtai View Post
Are there anyone who is in the same boat as myself.
Applied for 485 @NSC but got moved to a different service center TSC and also ported from eb3 to eb2? 140 approved from NSC.

did u get your GC? Please share what all u did? Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 13
hope4best has a reputation beyond repute hope4best has a reputation beyond repute hope4best has a reputation beyond repute hope4best has a reputation beyond repute hope4best has a reputation beyond repute hope4best has a reputation beyond repute hope4best has a reputation beyond repute hope4best has a reputation beyond repute hope4best has a reputation beyond repute hope4best has a reputation beyond repute hope4best has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cards ?

Satya,

Did you got your cards? We got approval emails on 6/2 and still waiting on cards.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2007
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 13
satyachowdary is infamous around these parts satyachowdary is infamous around these parts
Default received cards

Hi hope4best,
Yes, we got cards, it took 10 days to receive cards after CPO email.

Regards,
Satya
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8
DevenderReddy is just really nice DevenderReddy is just really nice DevenderReddy is just really nice DevenderReddy is just really nice DevenderReddy is just really nice
Default

Dear iluvcric, did you see any LUD on your case after you sent these requests
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #22 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44
iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevenderReddy View Post
Dear iluvcric, did you see any LUD on your case after you sent these requests
No, Yesterday I have received approval mails directly. Only thing I did in addition to sending email is opening Service Request to interlink my new I-140 to old I-485. You have to call many times though because they are not interested to open SR for interlink. You need to find a customer representative who is not fully aware of this process. Don't hesitate to call them.

Last edited by iluvcric; 06-16-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #23 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 935
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which email address you exactly used ?

iluvcric,
Did you use streamline.tsc@dhs.gov or ebupdate.tsc@dhs.gov ? Is the 1st one only for use by AILA lawyers ...

Just now I was reading in a Ombudsman related posting that USCIS still have a difficulty linking correct I-140 to correct I-485 in case of multipple I-140's and my lawyer could not send any email in 3-4 weeks and still telling me "wait wait" .... This is freaking crazy , I waited for 11 years .... and after bearing all the pain and taking risks its really too much to hear "wait wait " ....

Pls advise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcric View Post
No, Yesterday I have received approval mails directly. Only thing I did in addition to sending email is opening Service Request to interlink my new I-140 to old I-485. You have to call many times though because they are not interested to open SR for interlink. You need to find a customer representative who is not fully aware of this process. Don't hesitate to call them.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #24 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44
iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptam View Post
I sent email to the above 2 email address pointed out by our buddy here. Its been 3 weeks+ that I'm current after porting but my lawyer wants to wait more , so I sent this email. Anyway , its not wrong because my I-485 was filed by myself (on my own) and my wife's 485 was filed by this lawyer after the Eb3-Eb2 porting.

Looks like we have to wait 90 days now.

****************************
Thank you for contacting the USCIS Texas Service Center (TSC) with information about your employment-based I-485. This automated response is to acknowledge receipt of your email.

The purpose of this email account is to provide a method by which applicants can inform the TSC of certain situations involving I-485s. Those situations include:

1. notifying TSC when an applicant is eligible for porting under AC21;
2. notifying TSC when an applicant has multiple approved I-140s and one has a current priority date;
3. notifying TSC when an applicant is eligible for cross-country chargeability; and
4. notifying TSC when an applicant has a case that should be transferred due to eligibility for adjustment on another basis (i.e. based on an I-130 with a current visa date).

Please note that we will not respond to every email received at this email address unless we require additional information about your case.

You should expect an action to be taken on the application/petition within 90 days. If you do not receive a decision, a request for evidence, or other notice on the case within 90 days, you may then send one follow up inquiry to this email box. Please include a copy of the previous email for TSC to reference and put the words 'FOLLOW UP - 90+ days" in the subject line. Multiple follow-up requests on the same matter or follow up requests made before 90 days have passed will not receive a response.

This email account does not replace general inquiry processes that are in place for USCIS; general inquiries received at this email account will not be addressed.

For general inquiries regarding information and assistance on immigration services and benefits, please call the USCIS National Customer Service Center at: 1-800-375-5283 (TTY 1-800-767-1833)

Thank you.
***********************************
After sending the follow up emails, I did receive this email. I have waited for a day and then opened a service request to interlink my new I-140 to old I-485. It is very difficult to convince them to open a SR for interlink but you need to keep trying. you never know which one will trigger the process. We need to do all the things from our side, then look for it to happen. Since they have too many EB2 cases to process, unless otherwise we push them they are not going to look at our old cases. Don't waste your time on further waiting even someone says. who knows it worked for me, it might work for you as well. Good luck and keep trying.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #25 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 935
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can I use the other email address ?

Exactly !! Also anyone who has done Eb3-Eb2 porting knows the risks , money(USCIS fees and lawyer fees) , job change stress that it involves - I can't hear any more "wait wait" ...

Can I send a email to streamline.tsc@dhs.gov also because my wife is at Texas (TSC) and I'm at Nebraska (NSC) ? All these things should have been done by lawyers quickly without us thinking much. Since the above email address is meant for lawyers i'm a bit conservative about using that.

I'll make a call as you said but its hard to reach the right guy - they have flood of fresh/direct EB2 cases .

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcric View Post
After sending the follow up emails, I did receive this email. I have waited for a day and then opened a service request to interlink my new I-140 to old I-485. It is very difficult to convince them to open a SR for interlink but you need to keep trying. you never know which one will trigger the process. We need to do all the things from our side, then look for it to happen. Since they have too many EB2 cases to process, unless otherwise we push them they are not going to look at our old cases. Don't waste your time on further waiting even someone says. who knows it worked for me, it might work for you as well. Good luck and keep trying.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44
iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptam View Post
iluvcric,
Did you use streamline.tsc@dhs.gov or ebupdate.tsc@dhs.gov ? Is the 1st one only for use by AILA lawyers ...

Just now I was reading in a Ombudsman related posting that USCIS still have a difficulty linking correct I-140 to correct I-485 in case of multipple I-140's and my lawyer could not send any email in 3-4 weeks and still telling me "wait wait" .... This is freaking crazy , I waited for 11 years .... and after bearing all the pain and taking risks its really too much to hear "wait wait " ....

Pls advise...
I used only ebupdate.tsc@dhs.gov. Send it only to ebupdate.tsc@dhs.gov and TSC or NSC follow up email id. My suggestion is don't wait till your lawyer sends interfiling. Let him do from his side and you try from your side. After 11 years, waiting for another day is a waste of time..Open SR after a day to interlink new I-140 to old I-485 (have these receipt numbers with you before you call them)
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #27 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44
iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptam View Post
Exactly !! Also anyone who has done Eb3-Eb2 porting knows the risks , money(USCIS fees and lawyer fees) , job change stress that it involves - I can't hear any more "wait wait" ...

Can I send a email to streamline.tsc@dhs.gov also because my wife is at Texas (TSC) and I'm at Nebraska (NSC) ? All these things should have been done by lawyers quickly without us thinking much. Since the above email address is meant for lawyers i'm a bit conservative about using that.

I'll make a call as you said but its hard to reach the right guy - they have flood of fresh/direct EB2 cases .
I am not sure sending to streamline.tsc@dhs.gov will help or not. Sending to SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov will definitely help. Google for "Nebraska service center email". you will get all the details.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #28 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 69
gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcric View Post
No, Yesterday I have received approval mails directly. Only thing I did in addition to sending email is opening Service Request to interlink my new I-140 to old I-485. You have to call many times though because they are not interested to open SR for interlink. You need to find a customer representative who is not fully aware of this process. Don't hesitate to call them.
Hello iluvcric/Satya,

First big Congratulations!

I called USCIS for creating as SR to interlink the new 140 to 485. I was redirected to 2nd level support and I felt SR can be created but I was suggested to send an overnight Mail with approved 140. I got the address from them.

I'll send a email to ebupdate and then do the overnight courier thing. Also I was suggested by one of the Support person to send email to SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov. Is there any order to follow or just send out emails to ebupdate and SCOP.. all at same time.

Please suggest.

diptam, thanks for your info.
__________________
I'm not an attorney. So, please refrain from treating above info as legal.
Finally GREENED!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44
iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcmangtai View Post
Hello iluvcric/Satya,

First big Congratulations!

I called USCIS for creating as SR to interlink the new 140 to 485. I was redirected to 2nd level support and I felt SR can be created but I was suggested to send an overnight Mail with approved 140. I got the address from them.

I'll send a email to ebupdate and then do the overnight courier thing. Also I was suggested by one of the Support person to send email to SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov. Is there any order to follow or just send out emails to ebupdate and SCOP.. all at same time.

Please suggest.

diptam, thanks for your info.
Since your case involves both NSC and TSC, send a single email to following addresses.

EBUPDATE.Tsc@dhs.gov
ncscfollowup.nsc@dhs.gov
tsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov
scopsscata@dhs.gov

There is no particular order. You don't need to send separate mails. Draft one mail and include all these email adresses in TO. You need to keep calling them till they create SR. I was lucky the 16th time. So you need to put some effort. Good luck.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 69
gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcric View Post
Since your case involves both NSC and TSC, send a single email to following addresses.

EBUPDATE.Tsc@dhs.gov
ncscfollowup.nsc@dhs.gov
tsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov
scopsscata@dhs.gov

There is no particular order. You don't need to send separate mails. Draft one mail and include all these email adresses in TO. You need to keep calling them till they create SR. I was lucky the 16th time. So you need to put some effort. Good luck.
Thanks iluvcric.

I had sent my latest 140 approval email last week to tsc. I've now sent email to rest of the 3. I'll try calling them again and see if that helps....

16th time? I'm almost close to half of that.. I hope these emails I've sent wud be helpful in expediting this whole thing.
__________________
I'm not an attorney. So, please refrain from treating above info as legal.
Finally GREENED!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EB3 to EB2 porting questions ajaypr Immigrant Visa 0 04-30-2011 09:50 PM
Questions Regarding EB3 To EB2 Porting bollytoholly PERM Processing 1 11-12-2010 01:09 PM
EB3-EB2 Porting questions sripk Immigrant Visa 1 08-19-2009 05:36 AM
PD Porting Questions ita Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options 2 01-12-2009 01:26 PM
Question Specific AC21 questions - Job change, intent , I140 risks, interfile ardard2007 AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing 2 04-06-2008 01:25 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org