Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > FREE Lawyer conference calls
Click to log in with Facebook
FREE Lawyer conference calls This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 10:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcmangtai View Post
iluvcric, diptam,

I got an auto response email from ebupdate & tsc emails but nothing from nsc or scops... emails. Did you guys get any auto response from them?
I didn't get any auto update email from NSC. I have received approval mail after a week. Hope you will get the same
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandrew_19 View Post
Thanks @ILUVCRIC.

I will call. Is there any specific number to call for L2 CS or just call at ther egular number and ask for L2 Rep?
Check this out. You need to convince the 1st rep that you have a problem and need to talk to Level2 rep.

How to open a SR - Immigration Wiki

Old 06-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandrew_19 View Post
@Iluvcric

Also, if your friend had to go for the finger prinitng the 2nd time?
No. I am not sure USCIS follows the same procedure for everyone. Some people they send the 2nd finger print and some they don't. It depends on the officer who is looking at your case I believe. There is nothing we could control from our end.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks for everything....

Thanks for the structured advises. I'll let you all know if there are any updates.

My action item this week is
a) opening a SR by talking to Level2 support.
b) Convincing my attorney to send something in parallel - its been 1 month that i'm current.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcric View Post
Check this out. You need to convince the 1st rep that you have a problem and need to talk to Level2 rep.

How to open a SR - Immigration Wiki

Old 06-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Related question

Do we need a copy of the EB3 I140 to do the porting to EB2? My employer won't give a copy of the old I140 as it is a employer petition and wondering how can i port if i don't have a copy of it to attach to the EB2 I140? Is there any other way? I may have the receipt Number from the old emails from attorney but not the copy of I140. Will this suffice? Also, They said as per DOL regulations, job responsibilities need to be more than 50% different to file a new EB2 PERM. Is this accurate and wondering if those who are porting are able to find jobs with these kind of changes to responsibilities. I have Master's Degree from US and also 7yrs experience in Hardware Design here in US. I really want to pursue porting now as i am losing patience.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aandrew_19 is infamous around these parts aandrew_19 is infamous around these parts aandrew_19 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcric View Post
No. I am not sure USCIS follows the same procedure for everyone. Some people they send the 2nd finger print and some they don't. It depends on the officer who is looking at your case I believe. There is nothing we could control from our end.
Appreciate your response. Thanks.

Old 06-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default You need Old I-140 approval notice (Copy)

Tell them to scan and give a copy. It's employer petition so the original remains with them - whats the problem with Copy ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sripk View Post
Do we need a copy of the EB3 I140 to do the porting to EB2? My employer won't give a copy of the old I140 as it is a employer petition and wondering how can i port if i don't have a copy of it to attach to the EB2 I140? Is there any other way? I may have the receipt Number from the old emails from attorney but not the copy of I140. Will this suffice? Also, They said as per DOL regulations, job responsibilities need to be more than 50% different to file a new EB2 PERM. Is this accurate and wondering if those who are porting are able to find jobs with these kind of changes to responsibilities. I have Master's Degree from US and also 7yrs experience in Hardware Design here in US. I really want to pursue porting now as i am losing patience.

Old 06-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
sripk,

I "think" if your Employer is taking time and you are hopeful that they would provide the necessary documents later point of time then you probably can go ahead and file I 140 in EB2, that would kick start the EB2 process and later when the docs are available you can do the interfiling to capture the PD. Again something you might want to talk to your attorney if the above is an option.

Last edited by gcmangtai; 06-21-2011 at 04:24 PM.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare

Quote:
Keep calling your employer and ask for I-140 copy. Probably he will give if his mood is good. Don't hesitate to ask your employer. It is your right to ask for a copy. You are not asking for original, just a copy.Try to convince your employer and get a copy. That way you will have more options. Once you have all the documents, Your lawyer will take care of other things.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold
Question suggestion on infopass pls

Hello All,

I called USCIS regarding my case/situation on interfiling not reflecting as yet. The Rep was very helpful, he created a SR to look at my case and he also suggested to go for an infopass appmnt. Now, the nearest infopass location (no, I'm not living in some remote location) is about 2 hrs drive and that would have to be on a working day.

I did see a lot of people in this forum mentioning about infopass but I'd like to know how it would be helpful for a case to expedite when I'm asking for additional information. This might sound a little lame but thought of asking for suggestion/inputs....

Appreciate it. Thanks!

Old 06-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fioa

Quote:
If on your several request your employer don't give you I-140 copy than go for FIOA. You will surely get it by FIOA. Note: FIOA will take around 6 to 7 months to process your application.

Last edited by mayurcreation; 06-23-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DevenderReddy is just really nice DevenderReddy is just really nice DevenderReddy is just really nice DevenderReddy is just really nice DevenderReddy is just really nice

gcmangtai, thanks for updating us all, I am also thinking to open an SR
I sent emails but no reply yet

Old 06-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare

I didn't get email responses either.... just waiting
I read on one of thread's some mention of getting more insight into the case if infopass is taken. As the service rep suggested, I decided to drive 2 hrs for infopass appointment. Hope I get some answers there...

Old 06-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/17/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayurcreation View Post
If on your several request your employer don't give you I-140 copy than go for FIOA. You will surely get it by FIOA. Note: FIOA will take around 6 to 7 months to process your application.
I agree, FOIA is the way if you don't get it from the employer. For me they took just 2months to get everything on my case on a CD.

good luck.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcmangtai View Post
I didn't get email responses either.... just waiting
I read on one of thread's some mention of getting more insight into the case if infopass is taken. As the service rep suggested, I decided to drive 2 hrs for infopass appointment. Hope I get some answers there...
Infopass was not of any help in my case. The infopass officer told me what level 2 support person mentioned. She suggested, I just wait till someone picks the file and links it with new 140. Sadly, that is what I want.. someone pick up the file. I feel as... the more you chase it the further it goes away. So near yet so far!