Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > FREE Lawyer conference calls
Click to log in with Facebook
FREE Lawyer conference calls This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 12:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Compare
beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Using EB3 EAD and 485 status while converting to EB2

I am currently on EAD from 485 application (no H1b)..My 485 is applied in eb3 category. Also i-140 is approved.. I have moved to a new position in the same compnay where the job duties are 50% different from the earlier position.The Position also entitles me to start another Green card application under EB2. My QUestion is

Is it possible to apply for another GC in Eb2 and use the EAd status from the Eb3 application? Since I do not have
an h1b my only valid status in US is EAD and 485 from the Eb3 application
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2009, 02:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2004
Compare
GreenCardLegion is infamous around these parts GreenCardLegion is infamous around these parts

You can use your eb3 EAD.

But first to get into EB2 category, you have to first file another separate labor with a different employer (w/same employer it will most likely rejected) and then file 140 separately agian and then once your 140 is approved get it interfiled and then port from eb3 to eb2.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
TwinkleM will become famous soon enough

@ GreenCardLegion
Why do you say that filing EB2 withe same company is most likely to be rejected? Is there any such clause?

Old 04-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Compare
beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenCardLegion View Post
You can use your eb3 EAD.

But first to get into EB2 category, you have to first file another separate labor with a different employer (w/same employer it will most likely rejected) and then file 140 separately agian and then once your 140 is approved get it interfiled and then port from eb3 to eb2.

Thanks. I understand the chances are slim but I am willing to take the risk since My company has already gone through the recruitment process...Worst I still going to be on eb3...

Another question...By moving to a diferentt positon I am invoking AC21 even though it is in the same company...but at the same time I am filing for eb2 where job duties has to be atleast 50% different. This then violates ac21 rules so how come this is allowed. Most people convert from eb3 to eb2 using h1b but I am not sure if it is possible using ead