Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > FREE Lawyer conference calls
Click to log in with Facebook
FREE Lawyer conference calls This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Hibernate is infamous around these parts Hibernate is infamous around these parts
Default Urgent : 485 Denied

Hi,

Here is my case details:
I-140 filed: Feb 2007
485 filed July 2007 (was on H1B with same employer)
switched empoloyer in march 2010 and sent AC21 letter.
received I-485 straight denial:

Here are the important words as writeen (let me know if you need any other info).

A review of your file indicates that an immigrant petition for alien worked (Form I-140) was filed by XYZ on Feb xx 2007, which was withdrawn by the petitioner on Feb xx, 2012. Form I-140 was subsequently revoked on July xx, 2012. A review of USCIS records fails to demonstrate that you are the beneficiary of an approved immigrant visa petition.

I can't appeal the case but can file MTR (reopen/reconsider) within 30 days.

My question is why was I denied without NOID when we filed AC21? It doesn't mention the exact reason of I-140 revocation. Am i missing reading between lines? Could it be that I-140 was revoked for fraud or anything else? I would appreciate any help on this as I am going to be out of status and not sure if MTR would help or not or if AC21 should be the only ground for MTR.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2013, 07:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Hibernate is infamous around these parts Hibernate is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibernate View Post
Hi,

Here is my case details:

Here are the important words as writeen (let me know if you need any other info).

A review of your file indicates that an immigrant petition for alien worked (Form I-140) was filed by XYZ on Feb xx 2007, which was withdrawn by the petitioner on Feb xx, 2012. Form I-140 was subsequently revoked on July xx, 2012. A review of USCIS records fails to demonstrate that you are the beneficiary of an approved immigrant visa petition.

My question is why was I denied without NOID when we filed AC21? It doesn't mention the exact reason of I-140 revocation. Am i missing reading between lines? Could it be that I-140 was revoked for fraud or anything else? I would appreciate any help on this as I am going to be out of status and not sure if MTR would help or not or if AC21 should be the only ground for MTR.
Also My I-140 was approved in Jan 2008

Old 01-15-2013, 12:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Please consult a lawyer immediately. Looks like USCIS has no record that you switched using AC21. Please apply for MTR in a timely fashion.

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:32 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
GotFreedom? is a jewel in the rough GotFreedom? is a jewel in the rough GotFreedom? is a jewel in the rough GotFreedom? is a jewel in the rough

This is bizzare. You were completely within your rights to switch the employers as per the dates mentioned. Get a lawyer involved and open an MTR immediately. You do not deserve this after all these years of painstaking wait.

Good luck!!

Quote:
Hi,

Here is my case details:

Old 01-15-2013, 06:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
kprgroup will become famous soon enough

It happened to me back in 2008(For the same reason) no NOID just direct denial. You can't do anything now other than file MTR with in 30 days. You will be all right ...don't worry. Contact some good lawyer and file MTR. (It will take 2 months to 8 months to reopen 485) .

I know it's pain but try to relax and concentrate on what need to done.

Let know or PM me if you have any specific question.

KPR

Old 01-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
prince_charming is just really nice prince_charming is just really nice prince_charming is just really nice prince_charming is just really nice
Default Don't worry file MTR quicly

Don't worry man... exactly same thing happened to me in 2008 and i filed MTR and everything reopened and got my green card last year as well.

It seems like AC21 sometimes doesn't get updated in system and thus they send the direct denial... i know its USCIS's fault but nothing can be done except filing MTR timely.

I infect sent letters to USCIS director/ ombudsman / president / senator/congressman as well to let them know that case was denied due to wrong reasons.

So MTR is the very first thing on your list for you and your dependents.

Quote:
Hi,

Here is my case details:

Old 01-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GSOSMTR is on a distinguished road

To kprgroup,

When you were in the same situation, did you work?
I am in same situation. USCIS denied my I-485 due to my previous employer revoking my I-140. I used AC21 law to switch to new employer after 180 days (in my case I switched after 2 years). I have already applied for MTR and it been 4 months with no response. Already tried to expedit through congress men and no help yet. I have already opened a case with Ombudsman and they are looking into it. My lawyer is also trying to follow up and its still pending

My question is should I stay here until MTR status is known even after 180 days?

Thanks

Old 01-07-2015, 02:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare

PM'ed you check ur message..................

Old 01-08-2015, 12:26 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does the status show Revoked if I-140 is revoked?

A quick question, if I-140 was revoked and if we check the case status, will it show that it is revoked? Anybody has any idea?
I-485 : Applied on Jul 2 2007 (TSC)
Changed Employer after 9 months of applying I-485
(AC21 not filed)
Changed address and informed USCIS online and updated the pending I-485 application

Contributed $25 for HIGH Five Drive (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=20183)

Old 01-08-2015, 01:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare

No.140 didn't say revoked.Still says case approved

Old 01-09-2015, 01:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GSOSMTR is on a distinguished road

Attn: kprgroup

Thanks for your quick response! I checked your message and responded too.

Thanks

Old 04-29-2015, 12:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
: