|FREE Lawyer conference calls This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
H-1B Validity Date Extension Issue
My Company applied for H-1B amendment due to split and my H-1B extension validity date has been reduced from April 2017 to August 2016.
Question is, Can I get it extended back to April 2017.
Following is the sequence of events for understanding the issue.
1. 2007 - got H1 approved
2. 2008 June - 2009 Dec - Travelled & stayed in US for 18 months
3. 2009 Dec - 2011 Dec - Returned & stayed in India for ~2 years
4. 2011 Dec - 2014 Apr - Travelled to US under H-1B CAP EXEMPT valid until Apr 2016 after subsequent extensions & stayed for 29 months.
5. 2014 Apt - 2015 Dec - H1 transfer to new employer valid until Apr 2017. (20 months)
6. 2015 Dec : H1 Transfer to new employer because of company split and got validity until Aug 2016 (8 months left)
1. In item 5 above, I got extension till 2017 from USCIS which is one year more than expected. (because the attorney assumed I've applied for CAP H1 in 2011)
2. In Item 6 above, the USCIS rolled back my extension from Apr 2017 to Aug 2016 with the reason that in 2011 my H1 was a CAP EXEMPT.
3. My Perm application is pending labour job classification and will be submitted in April 2016, that'll be likely approved in Feb 2017. I'll be out of status from Aug 2016 till Feb 2017.
4. What's the solution? I'm suffering because of mistakes made by USCIS and attorney.
5. If I go to USCIS with my case, will I get a extension till 2017?
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|H-1B Validity Date Extension Issue||knittur||Non-Immigrant Visa||0||02-03-2016 03:23 PM|
|Advice on PERM and applying for date Recapture for H1B validity extension||gcfordesinow||PERM Processing||0||07-09-2011 02:38 PM|
|PERM - Approved Labor Certification Validity for LC's with an Ending Validity Date th||Blog Feeds||Recent Blogs||0||11-08-2009 04:30 PM|
|India Travel while H1 Transfer is pending and I-94 validity Issue||alex99||Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.||4||09-15-2007 03:06 PM|
|Issue of cashiers check 90 days validity||texcan||Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications||3||09-05-2007 02:30 PM|